What's new

Iraq's reconstruction and development

Best of luck guys! It still shames me how my government has used and abused this nation for decades to the point of utter sociopolitical chaos and depredation.

At least as a major oil market their prospects of an economic resurgence post-occupation are viable.

Bismaya project for 600.000 population

450,000-500,000 is more realistic. Iraqi families are quite big but the average persons per home would be 4-6, not all 6. Anyways this is more than the entire Qatari nationals in Qatar :lol:

450,000-500,000 is more realistic. Iraqi families are quite big but the average persons per home would be 4-6, not all 6. Anyways this is more than the entire Qatari nationals in Qatar :lol:

Do you think it will be a modern neighbourhood ? looking at all those flats I have a feeling this is going to be a ghetto

Do you think it will be a modern neighbourhood ? looking at all those flats I have a feeling this is going to be a ghetto

It will include all the services, green spaces and entertainment areas, it won't be a ghetto. The map is quite modern.

Congratulations to Iraqis on such development. Stability and prosperity in the middle east is vital for the world.

One query from Iraqi friends here, what does the average Iraqi feel about the US invasion and control ? While the rest of the world feels it was wrong ,are there any Iraqis who believe that it was important in order to get rid of Saddam ?

Congratulations to Iraqis on such development. Stability and prosperity in the middle east is vital for the world.

One query from Iraqi friends here, what does the average Iraqi feel about the US invasion and control ? While the rest of the world feels it was wrong ,are there any Iraqis who believe that it was important in order to get rid of Saddam ?

The vast Majority are happy Saddam is gone, but most would agree it come at a unnecessary price because of the foolish mistakes which the US committed which included intentional destruction, exagerated "collateral damage" and the worst mistake, disbanding over 5 million government employees overnight, that left over 400,000 security forces with the weapons storages open. Allowing all the military equipment to flood into the hands of gangs, and upsetting the former army personal who were left with no source of income. It also left all the private and governemnt associations empty.

Some updates

Maysana suspension bridge
72850367372576702439190.jpg

47993_362004813905882_1359616575_n.jpg

Basrah suspension bridge
823553_505838169457678_1670178320_o.jpg

35921_265755290228246_1202088268_n.jpg

Karbala rawtadain residence
aL-R-WEB.jpg

1.jpg

Karbala stadium+ hotel
Q39Z2bs.jpg

FbgJ5mEFxX.JPG

This is really good stuff. Modern architecture can sometimes be a bit sterile, but these designs have real elegance and style.

Next project - hanging gardens of Babylon? make it a reality?

When you see stuff like this, it makes you wonder why some people would want to destroy instead of putting their efforts into building.

I wish we had the money and space in Israel to build on this level.

Back
Top Bottom