Solomon2

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
United States
logo.png
Iraqi cop sacrifices himself to save women, children

• 1387299565106442600_0.jpg

A policeman stands guard during a funeral for a victim who was killed in an attack in the town of Yusfiya, in Najaf, south of Baghdad, on Tuesday. (Reuters)
AGENCE FRANCE PRESSE

Published — Thursday 19 December 2013

Last update 19 December 2013 5:19 am

BAQUBA, Iraq: An Iraqi policeman gave his own life Wednesday in an attempt to protect women and children, embracing a suicide bomber just moments before an attack to shield others from the blast.

The bomber struck in Khales, northeast of Baghdad, killing five people and wounding 10, a police colonel and a doctor said.

The toll would probably have been higher were it not for the selfless actions of one policeman, whom the colonel said threw his arms around the bomber, dying to save others.

The police hero was named as Ayyub Khalaf, 34, who was married and had two children, aged six and nine.

“Ayyub was martyred while defending the people, and his name will be an eternal symbol because he saved the lives of dozens of innocents,” his friend Saad Naim said.

“We will take revenge on the Al-Qaeda terrorist organization,” he added.

The Khales bombing was the latest in a series of attacks targeting Shiites, including two in Baghdad province that killed at least eight people on Tuesday, and two car bombings that took the lives of at least 24 dead on Monday.

Al-Qaeda linked militants, frequently target members of Iraq’s Shiite majority.

Also on Wednesday, a roadside bomb in the northern city of Mosul killed two people and wounded two others, and gunmen killed two soldiers and wounded two in an attack on a checkpoint, officials said.

Violence has reached a level this year not seen since 2008, when Iraq was just emerging from a period of brutal sectarian killings.

More people were killed in the first eight days of this month than in all of December last year.

And more than 6,550 people have been killed since the beginning of 2013, according to AFP figures based on security and medical sources.

I wish Iraq had made a deal with US to keep 10,000 or so international troops from neutral countries.

That would have given a breather to the newly formed Iraqi police/army and allowed them to become stronger in 5-10 years.

I only wish.

I wish Iraq had made a deal with US to keep 10,000 or so international troops from neutral countries. That would have given a breather to the newly formed Iraqi police/army and allowed them to become stronger in 5-10 years.
Almost the first group terrorists in Iraq bombed was the U.N. delegation that could have controlled such troops. The U.N. responded by pulling out immediately. I don't see why the passage of a decade would improve the U.N.'s chances of success.

In any case, it's likely foreign troops would run into the same block U.S. troops did: the Iraqi wish to subject foreign soldiers to Iraq's justice system.

Not the usual post by Solomon2 but thanks for bringing this up. I feel if each and everyone of us could somehow have courage like that we could eradicate 99% of our problems in the world today. To all great men who have sacrificed their lives to save others, I hope and pray I never forget your name. I will write his down with the others that have done the same irrespective of their religion.

Funny how Salomon the zionist terrorist who organize all of this with his zionist Al Qaeda dogs in Iraq now give us this piece of news

Iraq needs to hire Hamas to rid the area of AQ, in Gaza AQ was escalating things with Hamas and went publicly to challenge government rule in which they declared they were the new governors of Gaza.

So Hamas decided to negotiate with them after they refused to cooperate with security forces military forces were called up.

This is when they a Hamas commander was speaking to them on a phone and they opened fire shooting him in the back killing him.

All hell broke loose dozens of those militants were killed I remember the day I was in Gaza and all 300 members were in jail that same night, all their weapons confiscated and they gave up after that.

They agreed to respect the people and the government in exchange for Hamas allowing them military freedom.

Kudos to this man either way.

Iraq needs to hire Hamas to rid the area of AQ, in Gaza AQ was escalating things with Hamas and went publicly to challenge government rule in which they declared they were the new governors of Gaza.

So Hamas decided to negotiate with them after they refused to cooperate with security forces military forces were called up.

This is when they a Hamas commander was speaking to them on a phone and they opened fire shooting him in the back killing him.

All hell broke loose dozens of those militants were killed I remember the day I was in Gaza and all 300 members were in jail that same night, all their weapons confiscated and they gave up after that.

They agreed to respect the people and the government in exchange for Hamas allowing them military freedom.

Kudos to this man either way.

When was this?
AQ is dangerous organization, because dont have no political ability, and no ability to govern a people. Furthermore AQ does not have any sort of strategic thinking. They are simply just too a.ss backward.
Their only tool is to create havoc and death among civilians, to stir up internal strife.

Rest in peace to that Iraqi security officer. Brave man.

Back
Top Bottom