What's new

Iraqi Air force Commander Visits PAF

@gambit

Sir, I'm intrigued as when the F-16 takes off or lands, the leading edges point down but on JF-17 they seem to remain static...thanks.

lqt4cg6.jpg

f-16b-92623-no-9sqd-griffins-paf.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@gambit

Sir, I'm intrigued as when the F-16 takes off or lands, the leading edges point down but on JF-17 they same to remain static...thanks.

lqt4cg6.jpg

f-16b-92623-no-9sqd-griffins-paf.jpg
LE slats positioning are dictated by flight control laws design. For the F-16, the laws says that if the landing gear handle is down, LE slats will be fixed (down) to provide maximum lift to the wings. Perhaps the JF-17 do not need this additional lift feature because of the larger strakes. But then I find it difficult to see how this feature could be detrimental to the JF-17 during TO/L, unless for the JF-17 its LE slats can be manually actuated by the pilot as needed. For the F-16, its LE slats are completely out of the pilot's control.

From an avionics perspective, it is curious and I would have to think about this further...

Last edited by a moderator:
dosnt seem like any deal, but certainly a very detailed visit.....

Interesting we see 12-137, that means they probably only built around 10 units in 2011, hopefully we see 12-150 and not 13-150 otherwise the production will have slowed, in 2010 PAC built 16+units that was the first full year of production and if anything the production should have increased not decreased

Interesting we see 12-137, that means they probably only built around 10 units in 2011, hopefully we see 12-150 and not 13-150 otherwise the production will have slowed, in 2010 PAC built 16+units that was the first full year of production and if anything the production should have increased not decreased

no money no increase in productivity, however both china and PK signed an agreement to build 42 a/c under the 1st agreement so monies should be available for this contract.

no money no increase in productivity, however both china and PK signed an agreement to build 42 a/c under the 1st agreement so monies should be available for this contract.

Simple reason really, JF17 is matching retirement rate of current older PAF aircraft, A5 was serving No26 and No16 best part of 30 years was needing replaced quickly, hence big production rate in 2010 to re-equip 2 Sqaudrons

F6 is gone, Mirage has Rose III upgrade, F16 is frontline aircraft and F7PG is youngest aircraft, so production in 2011 and 2012 was slightly slower, plus we did have one crash which might have slowed production in 2011

Unless a export order is found PAC won't be banging out 30 units a year

Back
Top Bottom