Iraq to Receive Final Three C-130Js

SpArK

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Iraq to Receive Final Three C-130Js

1367247507121.jpg

MARIETTA, Ga., April 29, 2013 – The Iraqi Air Force (IQAF) is set to receive its final three Lockheed Martin [NYSE: LMT] C-130J Super Hercules airlifters. Aircraft number 5721 was the first of these aircraft to be ferried from Lockheed Martin’s production facility here on April 23, 2013. All three C-130Js were ferried to U.S. Air Force bases prior to delivery to the IQAF.

The IQAF, a legacy C-130 operator, received its first C-130J in December 2012 and will have a total of six C-130Js in its new Hercules fleet. The IQAF uses the airlifters for intra-theater support for its troops and to provide humanitarian relief operations in various locations.

Headquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs about 118,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration, and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products, and services. The Corporation’s net sales for 2012 were $47.2 billion.

Lockheed Martin · Iraq to Receive Final Three C-130Js

IQAF will need C17s after this but it has less priority then air defence.

( btw, no new thread needed for this small news you could have just put it in the iraqi army thread ).

Thəorətic Muslim;4222038 said:
C-17 Globemasters?

And what do you expect these transports to do for you?

Come on man ....

I am not so much informed about transport:D

Right now Iraq has

6 Antonov 32
3 C130 E
6 C130 J-30 total in 2013.

Is this enough for an army of 300.000 + ?

Qatar and UAE small countries have C17s in service, not sure if just for showoff or they really need it.

Qatar & UAE have it for "humanitarian" missions. Pretty much showing off.

Transports are for delivery of Military forces and equipment by air.

Unless you guys have a brigade of paratroopers/ other forces available for quick deployment...

It makes sense to have the C-130Js and transport helicopters. The C-130Js are great for spec-ops, the transport helicopters are great to just deploy troops anywhere in the theater of ops.

I think we may need the An-70 its bigger than the HC-130 and its modern plus it carries more payload and if I'm not mistaken cheaper.

I think we may need the An-70 its bigger than the HC-130 and its modern plus it carries more payload and if I'm not mistaken cheaper.

We have enough now of that class I think, if bigger is needed IL 76 is good and cheap

I am not so much informed about transport:D

Right now Iraq has

6 Antonov 32
3 C130 E
6 C130 J-30 total in 2013.

Is this enough for an army of 300.000 + ?

Qatar and UAE small countries have C17s in service, not sure if just for showoff or they really need it.

I would Say Iraq needs around 20 but step by step no rush Iraq doesn't face any external threat so no need for great quantity now as there is no need for any troops deployment.

Some Qatari and UAE C17 are for GCC force shield use. others for arms, troops transport and humanitarian aids.

The UAE ant Qatar use their C-17s for humanitarian missions and VIP usage, not military roles per se.

I would Say Iraq needs around 20 but step by step no rush Iraq doesn't face any external threat so no need for great quantity now as there is no need for any troops deployment.

Some Qatari and UAE C17 are for GCC force shield use. others for arms, troops transport and humanitarian aids.

Iraq is facing no threat ,is true. But, they must start building their military.

Iraq is facing no threat ,is true. But, they must start building their military.

Yes, radars, artilleries, aromed vehicles, tanks, helicopters, surface to air missiles, frigates, speedboats, surveillance aircrafts.....etc are much more important.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom