What's new

Iran's Economy News

IRAN DAILY 4 January- Iran is the fourth-largest producer of cement in the world with an annual production capacity of 70 million tons, secretary of the Association of Cement Industrialists announced.

“At present, with a cement production capacity of 70 million tons [per year], Iran is the world’s fourth largest producer of cement after China, India and the United States,” said Abdolreza Sheikhan, worldcement.com reported.

Sheikhan noted that Iran will become the world’s third biggest cement producer, when its 75-million-ton nominal capacity becomes its actual capacity.

Iran is projected to increase its cement output to 75 million tons and export 12 million tons by March 2014.

Iran exported cement to 24 countries, including Iraq, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Pakistan, Qatar, Turkey, the UAE, Georgia, Oman, India and China, in the last Iranian year (ended March 20, 2013).

The country plans to boost its cement output to 85 million tons by the end of the next Iranian year (to start March 21).

Iran ranks first in cement production and exports in the Middle East. Because of its high quality, Iranian cement has a good market among neighboring countries.

Availability of raw materials, skilled workforce, indigenization of technologies, high quality and low price are among the advantages of Iranian cement industry.

Currently, Iran produces 27 types of cement. Those involved in this industry believe that to expand export markets, Iran should facilitate trade, establish a preferential tariff system and help activate export organizations.

Last year, Iran exported 13.648 million tons of cement and clinker. Of the figure, 63 percent pertained to Iraq.

List of countries by cement production - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Plus the fact that Iran builds its Cement factories by itself...

Iran and Iraq have agreed to connect their railways, opening a new route to link with the much-coveted Silk Road.

Iran’s Minister of Roads and Urban Development Abbas Akhoundi traveled to Basra on Thursday to begin the construction of a rail track to connect the Iraqi city with Iran’s Khorramshahr.

Iran has finished the railway line on its territory for a length of 12 kilometers from Khoramshahr to Shalamcheh on the border, with 32 km of the track left to Iraq to complete.

With the completion of the line between Shalamcheh and Basra, Iran will link up with the eastern Mediterranean nations. For Iraq, the route will provide an access to the Central Asia, Russia and China.

Iraqi Transport Minister Baqir Jabr al-Zubeidi said the project will play a vital role in promoting Iraq’s trade and facilitating transport via the Silk Road and expanding its reach to China, Azerbaijan and Armenia.

For the project, the Iranian side has undertaken to build a 700-meter movable railway bridge over the Arvand River. It will connect the Iraqi island of Sindbad with Iran’s Arvand Kenar.

ff15a816-5425-4491-97b9-ff3165b4d676.jpg

The Polsiah railway bridge over the Karun River in the Iranian city of Ahvaz
Akhoundi said he expected the project to be tendered next week and the integration of the railways to take place in the next 20 months.

Currently, as many as 20,000 Iranians use the Shalamcheh border crossing daily to travel to Iraq. Akhoundi said this number rises to 50,000 during special occasions such as Shia religious anniversaries.

Iranian pilgrims travel to Karbala, Najaf and Baghdad to pay homage to Shia Imams buried in Iraq. Iraqis visit the Iranian cities of Mashhad and Qom for pilgrimage.

“With the operation of this railway line, we hope transportation will improve for the travelers. It will also connect us to the eastern Mediterranean nations and lead to a transformational change in the transit of goods and passengers,” Akhoundi said.

Last week, a delegation of Iranian traders visited Baghdad to discuss investment opportunities in the two neighbors.

According to state figures, annual trade stands at $13 billion.

PressTV-Iran linking Iraq with Silk Road

Iran said on Saturday the latest official figures show it still has the world’s second largest conventional reserves of natural gas.

The National Iranian Gas Company (NIGC) in an announcement said the recoverable reserves of natural gas in Iran have increased to above 34 trillion cubic meters (tcm).

NIGC said this is about 1.4 tcm more than the reserves of Russia. The figure, which the company said had been provided by BP in its 2015 Statistical Review of World Energy, puts Iran ahead of Russia whose reserves stand at about 32.6 tcm for a second consecutive year.

Based on the BP report, Qatar with 24.5 tcm follows Iran and Russian in the third place in terms of collective gas reserves.

The report further adds that Iran’s gas production saw an increase of 5.2 percent in 2014 to reach a total of 172.6 bcm.

Iran is presently the world’s fourth largest producer of natural gas after the United States (758 bcm), Russia (578 bcm), and Qatar (177 bcm).

Iran’s exports of natural gas in 2014 stood at a total of 9.6 bcm of which about 8.9 bcm were exported to Turkey and some 0.7 bcm were delivered to Armenia and the Nakhchivan Republic through a gas-for-electricity swap scheme, NIGC added quoting BP figures.

Also, Iran’s imports for 2014 stood at 6.9 bcm from Turkmenistan and about 0.3 bcm from Azerbaijan.

Iran's Oil & Gas Productiona (1970 - 2030):

1024px-IRAN_oil%26gas_production.jpg

PressTV-World’s largest gas reserves in Iran

Thanks bro :enjoy:
You are alway welcome...:cheers:
I hope soon all of Us i.e Whole Muslim Ummah unite as One including Saudi Arabia and We shall conquer everything but nothing....
I get very upset when I hear Iran vs Saudi and Saudi vs Iran etc. This is not what my religion has Taught. We should leave our fightings aside...sorry for being emotional...:cray:

You are alway welcome...:cheers:
I hope soon all of Us i.e Whole Muslim Ummah unite as One including Saudi Arabia and We shall conquer everything but nothing....
I get very upset when I hear Iran vs Saudi and Saudi vs Iran etc. This is not what my religion has Taught. We should leave our fightings aside...sorry for being emotional...:cray:
I hope too all of the wars and tensions between Islamic ummah end. Thanks for your good comment brother ... :cheers:

PS. I hope for good ties between Pakistan and India. :agree: :enjoy: :enjoy:

Last edited:
I hope too all of the wars and tensions between Islamic ummah end. Thanks for your good comment.

PS. I hope for good ties between India and Pakistan. :agree: :enjoy: :enjoy:
Hey Iranian bro, pass some gas towards us!!!! We need it badly ;-)

IP has to pass through dangerous terrain, there have been attacks on pipelines in Baluchistan it is better for India to see if it can make a undersea pipeline.

pipe.png

Problem is Pakistan has extended it's economic sea rights so India must go even further to bypass it which is more expensive.

Back
Top Bottom