What's new

Iran's Economy News

Sure Turkey procudes more and better quality cars. But Iran is under sanctions. We need all the facts here. No dispute though, after sanctions, IR and TR will be the biggest automobile producing countries in the region. Iran will start producing modern cars also, like Turkey. Turkey has a very large and developed parts industry (auto parts) too. Very simple, no need to fight. There can be more than one auto producer in the entire region.

Sure Turkey procudes more and better quality cars. But Iran is under sanctions. We need all the facts here. No dispute though, after sanctions, IR and TR will be the biggest automobile producing countries in the region. Iran will start producing modern cars also, like Turkey. Turkey has a very large and developed parts industry (auto parts) too. Very simple, no need to fight. There can be more than one auto producer in the entire region.
Not sure bro.we produce more cars and we do it under JV or own design which is a matter of pride.

Not sure bro.we produce more car and we do it under JV or own design which is a matter of pride.

Well, true. But pride isn't my concern. Countries like Iran and Turkey are just not countries that can sell their own brands. Peykan and Tofas, where are they now. The best thing we can do in such countries is produce high quality, affordable mass market brands: VW, Hyundai, Toyota and Renault etc (even though French quality can suck). Such cars are very modern, safe and exportable. The exportable part is very important for jobs and industry. No, Turkey or Iran will never produce Bentleys or Jaguars, and need not do. No need for own brands. Even China has a hard time pulling that off, and they have a domestic market of 1.4 billion people.

Well, true. But pride isn't my concern. Countries like Iran and Turkey are just not countries that can sell their own brands. Peykan and Tofas, where are they now. The best thing we can do in such countries is produce high quality, affordable mass market brands: VW, Hyundai, Toyota and Renault etc (even though French quality can suck). Such cars are very modern, safe and exportable. The exportable part is very important for jobs and industry. No, Turkey or Iran will never produce Bentleys or Jaguars, and need not do. No need for own brands. Even China has a hard time pulling that off, and they have a domestic market of 1.4 billion people.

We are going to have our own brand....but that is not going to have a gas/diesel engine.

Yerli Otomobilde İlk Yeni Model Üretildi | OTO LIFE TV

Well off course Iranian cars are yet not competable with western rivals.but the technological gap has started to reduce.Now European companies are in line to sign JV deals with Iranian car manufacturers.This is very cool.it shows Europeans already know the unreleased potential of Iranian car industry.otherwise this JV deal would never happen!

We are going to have our own brand....but that is not going to have a gas/diesel engine.

Yerli Otomobilde İlk Yeni Model Üretildi | OTO LIFE TV

Well, a new brand of electric cars might be viable. Like Tesla. Hope it works out. I was afraid of another hyped up nationalistic Tofas:D

Well off course Iranian cars are yet not competable with western rivals.but the technological gap has started to reduce.Now European companies are in line to sign JV deals with Iranian car manufacturers.This is very cool.it shows Europeans already know the unreleased potential of Iranian car industry.otherwise this JV deal would never happen!

True, and it will be good. Iran will again get up it's manufacturing of modern cars. Probably close to 2 million in coming years. I hope they will also manufacture modern trucks and buses there. Very big potential market in the middle east. Like Turkey does, Iran should too.

Well, a new brand of electric cars might be viable. Like Tesla. Hope it works out. I was afraid of another hyped up nationalistic Tofas:D

True, and it will be good. Iran will again get up it's manufacturing of modern cars. Probably close to 2 million in coming years. I hope they will also manufacture modern trucks and buses there. Very big potential market in the middle east. Like Turkey does, Iran should too.
Mate, there are already few bus and truck manufacturers in Iran.Oghab is an example.I advise you to take a look at thread "made in Iran" for better understanding of our industrial capabilities.

Rohani during his last visit to Turkmenistan gifted an Oghab VIP bus to their president.
In President Rouhani’s Trip to Turkmenistan, Iranian Export VIP Bus Manufactured by Oghab Afshan Was Presented to Turkmenistan’s President | OGHAB AFSHAN

Last edited:
Mate, there are already few bus and truck manufacturers in Iran.Oghab is an example.I advise you to take a look at thread "made in Iran" for better understanding of our industrial capabilities.

Rohani during his last visit to Turkmenistan gifted an Oghab VIP bus to their president.
In President Rouhani’s Trip to Turkmenistan, Iranian Export VIP Bus Manufactured by Oghab Afshan Was Presented to Turkmenistan’s President | OGHAB AFSHAN

Yep, knew that. Also Volvo trucks. But Insallah Iran can also manufacture, with a higher domestic content, very modern trucks in the near future. And replace many of those old trucks. Good times ahead baradar.

I fear it might be too late for us to develop a petrol engine car, no matter how much of a car you produce it wont be indigenous as long as the engine is foreign.
But Tesla started the era of electric cars anyway and electric engines are very easy to produce, its good that the Ministry of Science, Industry and Technology started a electric car project, at least this one looks possible.

Btw: never leave this forum mate, you are like a buffer between Turkish and Iranian members, but dont forget buffers get a punch once a while. :D

I fear it might be too late for us to develop a petrol engine car, no matter how much of a car you produce it wont be indigenous as long as the engine is foreign.
But Tesla started the era of electric cars anyway and electric engines are very easy to produce, its good that the Ministry of Science, Industry and Technology started a electric car project, at least this one looks possible.

Btw: never leave this forum mate, you are like a buffer between Turkish and Iranian members, but dont forget buffers get a punch once a while. :D

Yep, besides even highly established automakers are heaving big difficulties remaining viable: Peugeot, Renault, Fiat etc (on a worldwide level), because of heavy competition from the Korean and German brands. So a national Turkish car probably would have failed. But indeed, electric cars are the future. So if this new vehicle is an affordable electric car with long range, it should do very well! Tesla is quite NOT affordable at 100K:D Even though they will have cheaper models, it's still a luxury brand pretty much. Damn that Elon Musk and his genious.

As to the buffer, becomes difficult sometimes, have to keep objective and neutral. Indeed you get punched by both sides sometimes haha. Ama olsun, ben hicbir yere gitmem. :yay:

Quite embarrassed to see Pakistan being such a huge country doing not good at all in automobile production.

Congrats to both Iran and Turkey. I m impressed by Turkish figures. Export revenue of $23 billion from auto exports is quite impressive.

Yep, besides even highly established automakers are heaving big difficulties remaining viable: Peugeot, Renault, Fiat etc (on a worldwide level), because of heavy competition from the Korean and German brands. So a national Turkish car probably would have failed. But indeed, electric cars are the future. So if this new vehicle is an affordable electric car with long range, it should do very well! Tesla is quite NOT affordable at 100K:D Even though they will have cheaper models, it's still a luxury brand pretty much. Damn that Elon Musk and his genious.

As to the buffer, becomes difficult sometimes, have to keep objective and neutral. Indeed you get punched by both sides sometimes haha. Ama olsun, ben hicbir yere gitmem. :yay:
Dadash golam, vel kon oun ha ru.

Bia chill thread vasat joke migim halesho bebar :D

Ba @Ostad ham mitooni azari sohbat koni. Dige az khoda chi mikhay? :D

Dadash golam, vel kon oun ha ru.

Bia chill thread vasat joke migim halesho bebar :D

Ba @Ostad ham mitooni azari sohbat koni. Dige az khoda chi mikhay? :D
Are biyaresh chill thread mikham behesh ye tuti neshun bedam ke qelyun mikeshe.biyaaareesssh

@IR-TR bro how often do you follow Iranian jokes?:D

Well, they have point...Ministry of tech was saying..."German car makers reduced their cost into ridiculous amount and come far in the engine tech and have solid brands. It's not realistic to expect a Turkish brand to compete against them in the international market. S, we will build an alternative engined car. And create a brand from it.

Back
Top Bottom