What's new

Irans breakthrough in missile technology - Thrust Vector Control of solid fuel missiles

Philosopher

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
Iran has mastered Trust Vector Control (TVC) for upper stages of missiles.

EQVKcddWsAATSzL

This has application in:

1- Inter continental ballistic missiles (ICBM)
2- Use in Anti Ballistic missile in the kill vehicle
3- Use in upper stage of Satellite launch vehicle

This is actually the biggest news of the day! Hell even if the Zafar had reached orbital velocity, still this achievement is by far more important!

Add that to the Khoramshahr and Diego Garcia comes within reach for less than the cost of a tomahawk! As always the IRGC doesn't disappoint!!!!!

This is actually the biggest news of the day! Hell even if the Zafar had reached orbital velocity, still this achievement is by far more important!

Add that to the Khoramshahr and Diego Garcia comes within reach for less than the cost of a tomahawk! As always the IRGC doesn't disappoint!!!!!

Does't the Khorammshahr-1 have a 1,800kg warhead that houses three different MIRVs and Khorammshahr-2 1,500kg warhead that is a single unitary bomb? I can only imagine that since the Khorammshahr has such a heavy warhead and it can go 2000kms, all Iran would need to do is put a lighter warhead on top and bam, it can go even farther. Either one of those can decimate an enemy air-base if fired in groups of 4-5 or more. That's a ton of kinetic energy coming down at Mach-11 if i'm not mistaken. There is nary a manmade object that can withstand such tremendous force.

Does't the Khorammshahr-1 have a 1,800kg warhead that houses three different MIRVs and Khorammshahr-2 1,500kg warhead that is a single unitary bomb? I can only imagine that since the Khorammshahr has such a heavy warhead and it can go 2000kms, all Iran would need to do is put a lighter warhead on top and bam, it can go even farther. Either one of those can decimate an enemy air-base if fired in groups of 4-5 or more. That's a ton of kinetic energy coming down at Mach-11 if i'm not mistaken. There is nary a manmade object that can withstand such tremendous force.

I doubt it'd be Mach11 with air resistance. Doesn't a sejil come down at Mach 7-8 at terminal velocity?

~4200km is what we need to hit Giego Garcia and every EU power so a Khoramshar booster + Salmon + 200lb guidance & control + 1000lb warhead and bam! And most importantly at a relatively affordable cost!

They can also use the salmon for Anti ship BM's and it's also a 1st step in having a viable anti sat weapon... That's why the Salmon engine is by far the biggest news today!

I doubt it'd be Mach11 with air resistance. Doesn't a sejil come down at Mach 7-8 at terminal velocity?

Depend on what altitude your talking about sea level due to dynamic pressure I doubt they could even reach mach 6!

~4200km is what we need to hit Giego Garcia and every EU power so a Khoramshar booster + Salmon + 200lb guidance & control + 1000lb warhead and bam! And most importantly at a relatively affordable cost!

They can also use the salmon for Anti ship BM's and it's also a 1st step in having a viable anti sat weapon... That's why the Salmon engine is by far the biggest news today!

Depend on what altitude your talking about sea level due to dynamic pressure I doubt they could even reach mach 6!

@PeeD already said that this engine is not cheap. At least not cheap enough to use in ABM kill vehicle.

So I have no idea where you get this idea that this engine is cheap.

A Khorramshahr + this stage missile would certainly cost more than 1.4M (tomahawk cost) as a Simorgh which Scud engine cluster cost over 3M. Khorramshahr is based on Musdan missile thus different engines thus higher cost. Iran hasn’t been serial producing this missile like Shahab-3 and F-110

@PeeD already said that this engine is not cheap. At least not cheap enough to use in ABM kill vehicle.

So I have no idea where you get this idea that this engine is cheap.

A Khorramshahr + this stage missile would certainly cost more than 1.4M (tomahawk cost) as a Simorgh which Scud engine cluster cost over 3M. Khorramshahr is based on Musdan missile thus different engines thus higher cost. Iran hasn’t been serial producing this missile like Shahab-3 and F-110

Really do you need me to count the number of stages and engines and TVC liquid fuel engines on the Simorgh for you? My God! LOL!

And YES it is cheap and it will most definitely be under $1.4 Million USD

IDK what delusional world you've been living in but Iran's been mass producing the F-110 for years now hell even the IISS had the F-110 at 500 units by 2010 and that was only 6 years after mass production had started!!!

Last edited:
Now , this mean we can produce lighter and cheaper anti air defence system with higher speed ..

Sayyad missiles in Bavar 373 system can recieve major upgrade only by replacing their steel body with composite body ....

This mean we can upgrade Fakouer air to air missiles. ...

This mean we can now develop air to ground and air to sea missiles with low weight ...

We open a lot more opportunities for ourselves

KhorramshAr with steel body and 1800kg warhead can reach 2000km away ( this is nominal range not actual range )

With composit body it will receive major weight loss and will become lighter , which mean on the paper it can go further ...

And this is only by replacing body .... If use some of this weight loss to add some extra fuel , the equation will change again ....

Now , this mean we can produce lighter and cheaper anti air defence system with higher speed ..

Sayyad missiles in Bavar 373 system can recieve major upgrade only by replacing their steel body with composite body ....

This mean we can upgrade Fakouer air to air missiles. ...

This mean we can now develop air to ground and air to sea missiles with low weight ...

We open a lot more opportunities for ourselves

KhorramshAr with steel body and 1800kg warhead can reach 2000km away ( this is nominal range not actual range )

With composit body it will receive major weight loss and will become lighter , which mean on the paper it can go further ...

And this is only by replacing body .... If use some of this weight loss to add some extra fuel , the equation will change again ....

If your talking about the 1st stage booster you can lighten the weight to increase payload or choose to instead increase speed of injection by a fraction regardless that 1st stage booster engine is NOT going to work in the vacuum of space regardless due to nozzle size! So being able to add the relatively light weight Salmon would be key in achieving greater range!

Really do you need me to count the number of stages and engines and TVC liquid fuel engines on the Simorgh for you? My God! LOL!

And YES it is cheap and it will most definitely be under $1.4 Million USD

IDK what delusional world you've been living in but Iran's been mass producing the F-110 for years now hell even the IISS had the F-110 at 500 units by 2010 and that was only 6 years after mass production had started!!!

FIRST go learn and READ, I said Iran has not been producing Khorramshahr missile serially like IT HAS for Shahab-3 and F-110. Relatively new missile based on entirely different blueprint than SCUD or F-110.

If you lack such simple reading comprehension, I hope other members of this board realize you also lack intelligence in other areas.

Iran has mastered Trust Vector Control (TVC) for upper stages of missiles.

EQVKcddWsAATSzL

This has application in:

1- Inter continental ballistic missiles (ICBM)
2- Use in Anti Ballistic missile in the kill vehicle
3- Use in upper stage of Satellite launch vehicle

I guess u mean thrust vector control lolz. Trust is something no one has in what mullahs say. Remember how it was "scientifically impossible" to shoot passenger airliner lolz.

FIRST go learn and READ, I said Iran has not been producing Khorramshahr missile serially like IT HAS for Shahab-3 and F-110. Relatively new missile based on entirely different blueprint than SCUD or F-110.

If you lack such simple reading comprehension, I hope other members of this board realize you also lack intelligence in other areas.

Sorry just read "Iran hasn't been serial producing F-110 and Shahab.... that's my bad!

EQWDgDXW4AAS9Mi

Back
Top Bottom