What's new

Iranians vs Arabs - The Dilemma for the Muslim World

r3alist

Reaction score
i think as much as pakistani's and bharati's bark at each other iranians and arabs can match us, if not surpass us.

the arabs looks like they are more likely to mobilise for a fight against the iranians than they are the israeli's - go figure?

but my question is why should pakistani's tolerate it - both countries claim to be islamic, in fact hyper islamic - yet how is it that islam is forgotten and historical grudges based on race become the issue - in that sense this hyper islam is nothing more than a front, a pseudo islam.

my contention is that a unified islam world will bring greater prosperity for the islamic world (and pakistan)- an islamic world that is being pulled apart by its two poles is causing great damage to the region - and pakistan is slap bang in the middle

why do a lot of arabs and iranians pretend that they care about islamic unity when they can barely get on with one another?

Last edited:
this is funny how arabs and persians name the innocent gulf waters under their name :lol:lol:

The Persian-Arab conflict has been around for thousands of years.

Every Iranian I have met to this date, was a wanna-be Zoroastrian or an atheist so i can't say much about them and their 'islamic unity' stuff.

on the other hand, some arabs just want to develop their country and could care less about Iran and 'islamic unity'.

Oh and, why should we care? The one that helps us out the most is our bigger friend.

The one that helps us out the most is our bigger friend.

The one that helps us out the most is not an Islamic country. :china:

But we have no problems with either Arabs or Iranians and we hope we have better relations with the Arab world and Iran.

The Persian-Arab conflict has been around for thousands of years.

Every Iranian I have met to this date, was a wanna-be Zoroastrian or an atheist so i can't say much about them and their 'islamic unity' stuff.

on the other hand, some arabs just want to develop their country and could care less about Iran and 'islamic unity'.

Oh and, why should we care? The one that helps us out the most is our bigger friend.

i agree, but the problem is that they put up a facade of this whole islamic unity stuff when they do not seriously honour the concept.

the idea of a modern day persian people existing is pretty silly - but its real enough in their heads, so why should they be tolerated as people who care about islamic unity (social, political military etc etc) when its just a sham?

in other words you iranians and arabs must show us what hand you are playing or maybe it will be assumed you are bluffing?

i think as much as pakistani's and bharati's bark at each other iranians and arabs can match us, if not surpass us.

the arabs looks like they are more likely to mobilise for a fight against the iranians than they are the israeli's - go figure?

but my question is why should pakistani's tolerate it - both countries claim to be islamic, in fact hyper islamic - yet how is it that islam is forgotten and historical grudges based on race become the issue - in that sense this hyper islam is nothing more than a front, a pseudo islam.

my contention is that a unified islam world will bring greater prosperity for the islamic world (and pakistan)- an islamic world that is being pulled apart by its two poles is causing great damage to the region - and pakistan is slap bang in the middle

why do a lot of arabs and iranians pretend that they care about islamic unity when they can barely get on with one another?

Okay..Arabs and Iranians have problems with each other.But how does Pakistan come to the scenario??Why does Pakistan have to come to the scenario??

But we have no problems with either Arabs or Iranians and we hope we have better relations with the Arab world and Iran

we are not the problem - THEY are the problem, THEY need to have better relations with each other so its better for us all.

we are not the problem - THEY are the problem, THEY need to have better relations with each other so its better for us all.

Yes I also agree that it would benefit all Muslims if all Muslims got along with each other, but the enemies of Muslims will never allow it to happen. They will always find a way to drive a wedge between Muslims.

I'm all for Muslim unity.

Okay..Arabs and Iranians have problems with each other.But how does Pakistan come to the scenario??Why does Pakistan have to come to the scenario??

It very much matters. Iran is sitting right on the border and we are now getting energy deals. Also, its a bridge to Turkey and Central Asia. This creates friction with traditional Pakistani allies like Saudi Arab and UAE. Much of it has to do with upmanship and shouting down the other side. Is there any real big dispute? In Pakistan/India case I can understand there are some major issues which cause problems. But Persian/Arab rivalry is now getting stale. I think Pakistan should take this opportunity to bridge the divide with diplomatic maneuvers as in the past we did for China and US.

Yes I also agree that it would benefit all Muslims if all Muslims got along with each other, but the enemies of Muslims will never allow it to happen. They will always find a way to drive a wedge between Muslims.

I'm all for Muslim unity.

if they (arabs/persians) are finding a reason to drive a wedge between one another then by your own definition they are "enemies of islam" therefore are they by extension enemies of pakistan?

pakistan are direct stakeholders in the iranian/saudi relation, we share a border with one nation and a religion with the other - the one thing all 3 nations are meant to have in common is religion- yet that has always been lower down in importance.......

if they (arabs/persians) are finding a reason to drive a wedge between one another then by your own definition they are "enemies of islam" therefore are they by extension enemies of pakistan?

pakistan are direct stakeholders in the iranian/saudi relation, we share a border with one nation and a religion with the other - the one thing all 3 nations are meant to have in common is religion- yet that has always been lower down in importance.......

We share both Religion and Border with Iran. Pakistan has the 2nd largest Shia population in the world, even though Sunnis make the majority in Pakistan.

We dont share a border with the Arab World but we are connected geographically to the Arab world through the Arabian Sea.

sw_asia_pol00.jpg

I agree with you that Pakistan will benefit if Iran and the Arab world became friends.

Persians,Turks and Arabs were rivals before any of them became muslim...and they still are rivals.

The US supports Arabs overtly and Iran covertly, what the US has done in Iraq and Afghanistan has indirectly strengthened the Iranian position.
The Iranians maintain there links secretly with Israel and US specifically and perhaps solely on the basis of there different Religious values from those of Arabs. And there are significant amount of people in US who view the corrupt and Power Hungry Shia Clergy in Iran as a strategic asset...!!!!

And there are significant amount of people in US who view the corrupt and Power Hungry Shia Clergy in Iran as a strategic asset...!!!!

The above is much more true of Arab world. Exactly who do you think are in bed with imperial powers. House of Saud sided with British against Ottomans and now they are best of allies with Americans.

As for hunger for power, there isn't much of a difference in the religious radicalism of the Iranian clerics and the Saudi wahabi clerics, though in different directions. Both are a problem. But hopefully in the future the system will be replaced by a democratic one, as monarchy and theocracy are getting outdated.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom