What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

Some points to note. During the interview, the airforce commander appeared to have said these UAVs have already been delivered to them, he said both him and the IRN commander give the specs for the future UAVs they want to the developers. So I would say, prototypes (or beyond) have already been delivered and they have already gave their requirements for even more advanced UAVs to be made. Regarding what may have been delivered, for the navy I would say it is the Sejill, not sure about the airforce, maybe Sofreh Mahi.

Another important point is when Khanzadi was talking, he said UAVs and planes, thus it seems there are also new manned fighters jets in the works.

Some points to note. During the interview, the airforce commander appeared to have said these UAVs have already been delivered to them, he said both him and the IRN commander give the specs for the future UAVs they want to the developers. So I would say, prototypes (or beyond) have already been delivered and they have already gave their requirements for even more advanced UAVs to be made. Regarding what may have been delivered, for the navy I would say it is the Sejill, not sure about the airforce, maybe Sofreh Mahi.

Another important point is when Khanzadi was talking, he said UAVs and planes, thus it seems there are also new manned fighters jets in the works.

Navy won’t need planes since they don’t have any type of carrier vessel. The term plane might refer to an Iranian Navy surveillance plane. Mock ups have been circulated for years.

I doubt Navy would have a fighter jet development program ahead of Air Force or even IRGC-AF.

It could also be the NEDAJA's Sedjil UCAV.

Given that the Sedjil UCAV uses dual jet engines. It points to a delta wing design. Other jet engine UCAVs have adopted that design (Russia, China, US). It would be weird for Iran to stick with a conventional design (ie Fotros like) for dual jet engine UCAV.

Navy won’t need planes since they don’t have any type of carrier vessel. The term plane might refer to an Iranian Navy surveillance plane. Mock ups have been circulated for years.

I doubt Navy would have a fighter jet development program ahead of Air Force or even IRGC-AF.

When Khanzadi was talking about these, he was talking for both the navy and airforce since him and airforce commander both visited the facilities. The fighter jet he mentioned was for the airforce. When he mentioned fighter jet he pointed towards the airforce commander. The airforce is generally quiet regarding their projects but I have a strong feeling they're working on something advanced.

When Khanzadi was talking about these, he was talking for both the navy and airforce since him and airforce commander both visited the facilities. The fighter jet he mentioned was for the airforce. When he mentioned fighter jet he pointed towards the airforce commander. The airforce is very quite regarding what they're working on but I have a strong feeling they're working on something advanced.

Without a medium to heavy engine, it doesn’t matter what they are working on J-85 to weak for any serious fighter.

Unless they managed to secretly import jet engines from Russia.

helicopter pilots in Iran (i do not know about outside of Iran) should take flight courses in trainer planes so after that they can fly with choppers. he might be meant the new trainer planes for navy.

Without a medium to heavy engine, it doesn’t matter what they are working on J-85 to weak for any serious fighter.

Unless they managed to secretly import jet engines from Russia.

From the recent unveiling of the Jahesh-700 turbofan, I feel we are more ahead in the engine sector than we here think. Owj was revealed about 4 years ago, and it would have been in development for many years before its unveiling. I have no doubt Iran is working on much more capable engines than J-85/OWJ. Importing from Russia is also a possibility in short-mid term until our own solutions are ready. Once Iran can crack the jet engine sector, our defence industry circle will be practically complete. There was some rumour that Iran may have purchased 67 SU-35s for around 6 billion, lets suppose that was true, just imagine what that same amount could do if Iran invested it in its own industries.

helicopter pilots in Iran (i do not know about outside of Iran) should take flight courses in trainer planes so after that they can fly with choppers. he might be meant the new trainer planes for navy.

That plane he was referring to was for airforce. Also, the way he was so excited to talk about it and the UAVs, it seems they are Iran's next generation systems. He is probably referring to the low observable fighter jet we know Iran is working on.

That plane he was referring to was for airforce. Also, the way he was so excited to talk about it and the UAVs, it seems they are Iran's next generation systems. He is probably referring to the low observable fighter jet we know Iran is working on.
i didn't have a chance to watch the interview. did they announce when will they unveil new stuff??

From the recent unveiling of the Jahesh-700 turbofan, I feel we are more ahead in the engine sector than we here think. Owj was revealed about 4 years ago, and it would have been in development for many years before its unveiling. I have no doubt Iran is working on much more capable engines than J-85/OWJ. Importing from Russia is also a possibility in short-mid term until our own solutions are ready. Once Iran can crack the jet engine sector, our defence industry circle will be practically complete. There was some rumour that Iran may have purchased 67 SU-35s for around 6 billion, lets suppose that was true, just imagine what that same amount could do if Iran invested it in its own industries.

There are medium and heavy fighters in development. However, I am skeptical they are so far along that the General would be talking about a Fighter jet program that is in the mature stage.

I would expect a serial production of a medium Iranian jet engine to still be 5 years away.

J-700 certainly is a leap in Iranian capabilities and iran has learned a thing Or two from it. But it is still a drone jet engine and thus should be kept separate from fighter jet engine development line.

1600709686801.png

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom