What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

Russia, EU, US & probably even China all have projects for high altitude(near space) "manned" aircraft and the fact is within the next 2-3 decades spaceflight will more likely than not become a daily routine for more advanced countries and countries without that tech will have no choice but to become puppets of or under the control of countries that do possess that tech. And that means Iran cutting funding for Space Program and slowing down advancements in space launch vehicles is probably the biggest historical mistake of the Rohani administration.

That said, I honestly don't see how any well informed Iranian (such as yourself) can make a logical argument against Ti production especially since nearly half it's mining & production process is nearly identical to that of AL mining & production that is also vital for Iran to increase and when it comes to Ti production it's not a matter of technology rather funding. Not to mention the fact that due to sanction on our Oil industry one of the best way's to circumvent these sanctions so they can turn in Iran's benefit in the future is to use our own fuel to increase domestic production and by producing Ti we'll be hitting two birds with one stone both by satisfying the needs of our Aerospace industry & automobile industry for Al & Ti and by turning our oil into product because Ti & Al production require a lot of energy which we have an abundant supply of that we can turn into easy to produce Diesel rather than sell..... Add to that advancements made in Ti casting and Ti printing with ample Ti mines at home and I honestly don't see why we haven't done this already and I believe IRGC should be leading the way when it comes to Ti production at home since it seems that they are the only ones that can actually get things done.

It's funny how we Iranian's have no problem if our government goes out and spends $20 Billion USD on foreign passenger aircraft but God forbid we spend $1Billion on production of Ti to slowly work towards developing the supplies and infrastructure needed to produce our own passenger Aircraft, fighter jets,.....

And Iran investing in a domestic 5th or 6th gen Ti based airframe & a high thrust engine isn't simply about the fighter jet because advancements made in that technology in the defense sector will trickle down to your Civil Aviation sector and your ability to produce more capable Passenger and transport Aircraft just as the production of Military Naval vessels trickled down to Iran's civil naval sector because at the end of the day many of the requirements from human resources to part, materials, tools and infrastructure are very similar and in the future we will need that very same infrastructure for near space and in the future space flights and we achieve today has to also take into account what we plan on achieving both in the military and civilian sector 30-50 years from now.

Ti is not my problem.
I say if Iran can go different ways and skip an entirely new metallurgy school which is also a expensive one, it should do so.
If its not possible, then Iran should produce Ti alloys.

We observe an asymmetrical approach in Irans actions to compensate shortcomings in resources. Basing new systems on inexpensive materials is one of such approaches, skipping a mach 3 rated turbofan and go for a liquid rocket motor based propulsion is another.

Iran is not China to create equivalents to what Russia, France and the U.S have.
The IRIAF is already playing the catching-up game with aluminium airframing for the Kowsar... while the IRGC-ASF goes fully asymmetrical.

Chinas new supersonic drone may be a signal, a reminder on what Iran should do in regards of heavy airpower.
This is a missile and less so a aircraft.
Iran's biggest bottleneck, the necessary jet engines for a persistent supersonic bomber/interceptor may be skipped to go for something similar to the newly disclosed Chinese drone.

What is called Aurora and was/is used as black project asset by the U.S most likely a rocket motor powered Mach 3-6 reconnaissance aircraft. It developed into the black world after the success with the X-15 test aircraft.

Hence we see that Russians were working on jet engine powered heavy mach 3 airpower and the U.S developing a jet-ramjet hybrid for their mach 3 airpower, the SR-71.
The U.S then also went beyond that for high value, long range, heavy airpower from what rumors tell (Aurora), manned or unmanned.
The new Chinese drone seems to be their reaction after seeing the Aurora employed against them.
Maybe the Chinese just sticked to a rocket-motor-only solution due to the lack of a suitable jet engine, maybe the black U.S solution also lacks a jet engine propulsion component.

For Iran it means that all its knowledge on liquid rocket motors could be used in such a project. It also means that all its knowledge on MaRV could be used for the aerodynamics and airframe/materials. Plus all knowledge from unmanned systems could be used for a unmanned solution.

Iran also has large aircrafts such as the Tu-154 to bring it up and to speed before it starts accelerating via a throttleable liquid motor or strap-on booster(s) (from mach 0,9 to 4-5). Iran is not well known for its liquid rocket motors but may be able to kick something like this off by now, maybe first with very low re-use cycle life.
Is titanium a must for such a mach-3-6 system? I think not, composites etc. could take that role.

Such a system would then be immune or very robust to currently employed air and SAM power of any regional adversary of Iran.
Air launch instead of missile/ground booster launch would make its early (IR) detection unlikely.
Payload would be sufficient for heavy bombing role.
Range would be depending..., because oxidizer is carried on-board but could be sufficient for regional employment. The motor(s) would just sustain friction losses and allow landing.

It also means however that the Chinese disclosure and its connection to the U.S has the message for Iran that such back project assets create a strike-at-will capability for the U.S.
What is called Aurora may be a bomber too and depending on range, starting concept, payload, numbers, may represent a true critical danger against Irans non-hardened military assets.
The problem with your statement is that you think or assume Iran has mastered the rocket engine technology. I am not sure if you have access to confidential information, or something else but, I have not seen any indigenous Iranian liquid fueled rocket engine. All Iranian liquid fuel missiles are of NK origins.

The problem with your statement is that you think or assume Iran has mastered the rocket engine technology. I am not sure if you have access to confidential information, or something else but, I have not seen any indigenous Iranian liquid fueled rocket engine. All Iranian liquid fuel missiles are of NK origins.

Iran learned the tech from NK, yes.
Catching up to their liquid motor expertise took long, yes.
However the one-sided exchange has changed to a cooperation by now where both sides contribute.
CIA claim on Iranian experts going to NK to help on the 80 ton liquid engine is there.

This is a tough field, yes but Iran is working on it.
Here just a hint of something Iran was working on nearly a decade ago:
pic_9.jpg

Iran is concentrated on solid fuel systems and invests primary in it. However future liquid SLV will drive the liquid program on and at some point Iran will/is able to design motor based on the requirements or just build the aircraft around an existing Soviet motor design.

Your fears about Iranian drones are really wrong and that's a lot of speculation. I am absolutely certain that Iran will surprise you and demolish your arguments. I'm sure that about drones, Iran is as advanced as China. Russia is still behind.

2 examples that shows that we do not know everything about irannian drones and their advancement. What about drones we never see? Iran always says they have weapons that they have never show us so you have to be careful and do not over conclude. View attachment 582561

Unfortunately Iran is NOT as advanced as Russia and China when it comes to UAV's and IRGC official themselves have always ranked Iran 5th or 6th in the world and clearly ranked behind those countries.

However when it comes to UAV's like Iran's Saegheh class Iran has taken an approach that those countries and to the best of my knowledge no country has done before and that's to build a light, low cost, armed with internal weapons bay's jet powered stealth UCAV with a relatively high endurance compared to it's size that can deliver ordnance to it's target over 2 times faster than most MALE UAV's and although Saegheh has half the range it's still sufficient because it's smaller, cheaper, stealthier, faster, easier to mass produce, store, transport and deploy UCAV than most armed UAV's of that range and size and that makes it rather unique systems that can potentially be adjusted for a wide range of uses.

So from a technological standpoint Iran does not have the capabilities the Russian or Chinese have technologically however in warfighting a weapons system doesn't necessarily have to be technologically superior to be a better overall weapon system especially when you take into account cost and ease of production,.....!

Unfortunately Iran is NOT as advanced as Russia and China when it comes to UAV's and IRGC official themselves have always ranked Iran 5th or 6th in the world and clearly ranked behind those countries.

However when it comes to UAV's like Iran's Saegheh class Iran has taken an approach that those countries and to the best of my knowledge no country has done before and that's to build a light, low cost, armed with internal weapons bay's jet powered stealth UCAV with a relatively high endurance compared to it's size that can deliver ordnance to it's target over 2 times faster than most MALE UAV's and although Saegheh has half the range it's still sufficient because it's smaller, cheaper, stealthier, faster, easier to mass produce, store, transport and deploy UCAV than most armed UAV's of that range and size and that makes it rather unique systems that can potentially be adjusted for a wide range of uses.

So from a technological standpoint Iran does not have the capabilities the Russian or Chinese have technologically however in warfighting a weapons system doesn't necessarily have to be technologically superior to be a better overall weapon system especially when you take into account cost and ease of production,.....!

This is your opinion but not a fact. I am convinced that Iran is also better than China's nano drone technology and miniaturized high technology manufacturing. Despite the last motor drone of Russia, they are still behind the technology of drones they retrace step by step. Big does not mean high technology. I am sure Iran still has a big surprise about drones. The photo of the big red drone with engine seems to indicate that Iran is working on something big and powerful.

Netanyahu said pushing NIS 1b air defense plan to counter Iran threats

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is pushing to advance a huge air-defense project aimed at countering the threat of an attack from Iran, the Kan public broadcaster reported Sunday.

The NIS 1 billion ($290 million) project would place particular focus on defending the country against cruise missile attacks, similar to strikes on Saudi oil facilities last month blamed on Iran.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/netan...-1b-air-defense-plan-to-counter-iran-threats/

https://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Conflict/Netanyahu-proposes-air-defense-system-to-defend-against-Iranian-attack-603899[URL]https://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Conflict/Netanyahu-proposes-air-defense-system-to-defend-against-Iranian-attack-603899[/URL]

This is your opinion but not a fact. I am convinced that Iran is also better than China's nano drone technology and miniaturized high technology manufacturing. Despite the last motor drone of Russia, they are still behind the technology of drones they retrace step by step. Big does not mean high technology. I am sure Iran still has a big surprise about drones. The photo of the big red drone with engine seems to indicate that Iran is working on something big and powerful.

The big red drone is just a jet trainers that's been converted into a drone by Iran's Air Force and if you actually read my post you'd see that I'm in no way arguing that bigger is better but from a technological standpoint whether you like it or not both China and Russia are ahead of Iran and the reasons are clear 1st Their UAV's possess far superior powerplants 2nd Their UAV's have far superior Airframes both in design and alloys used 3rd Both countries have access to superior space programs allowing them to use indigenous satellite communications for their UAV's giving them superior com's 4th Both countries have access to far superior Sensors and have UAV's equipped with superior sensor technology 5th Both countries have access to better mapping technology due to their space programs......
And the combination of all those facts give both China and Russia superior UAV technology SO IT IS NOT JUST MY OPIONION IT's A CLEAR FACT!

However as I mentioned before superior Technology doesn't always translate into an overall superior weapons system when you calculate in all the factors like price, production capacity,.... sometimes superior technology just makes a weapon system simply too overpriced for it's use and too complicated to mass produces for mass deployment and that is something Iran understands better than most countries on the planet.

And one clear example of such a system is the U.S. Javelin ATGM because that systems may technologically be one of the most advanced ATGM in the world however at a price tag of well over $120,000 USD it is simply an over priced JUNK!

More speculation for the big red drone and drones that we do not see yet. You do not know anything about it, you speculate. Sorry but Iran is still ahead of Russia on drones and has nothing to envy about China. You seem to forget that Iran has had direct access to American technology. You underestimate the Iranian engineers and I am confident that you will swallow your words soon. Iran can use GPS guidance, guidance from their radar and have access to the Chinese Beidou satellite network. And your undeniable fact is speculation. Iran is more advanced in nano drone technology and advanced miniaturization of parts than Russia and rivals China.

And Russia still lag behind their drones program.

Much higher power ???? You are in the fields sir and solid !!!!

More speculation for the big red drone and drones that we do not see yet. You do not know anything about it, you speculate. Sorry but Iran is still ahead of Russia on drones and has nothing to envy about China. You seem to forget that Iran has had direct access to American technology. You underestimate the Iranian engineers and I am confident that you will swallow your words soon. Iran can use GPS guidance, guidance from their radar and have access to the Chinese Beidou satellite network. And your undeniable fact is speculation. Iran is more advanced in nano drone technology and advanced miniaturization of parts than Russia and rivals China.

And Russia still lag behind their drones program.

Much higher power ???? You are in the fields sir and solid !!!!

My GOD! The red drone is just a T-33 upgraded with J-85 (Owj) engine that's been converted into a drone by Iran's Air Force and that's not a state secret and that fact doesn't make it any less impressive! The T33 really doesn't have a complicated airframe and if Iran wanted at any time can start production of a superior and lighter composite skin version of it in the 1000's that's if they really wanted!
ezyfX4Z.jpg

Also if American GPS systems were a viable means of navigation then countreis like Iran and China wouldn't spend millions in developing their own atomic clocks and land based positioning systems because Iran would have to be deluded to base it's navigation on American GPS Sat transmissions because if we were ever stupid enough to do such an absurd thing Americans would have the capability to render that weapon systems useless with a simple flick of a swich from 10,000 km out.

And clearly your not well informed on Chinese and Russian drone technology!

https%3A%2F%2Fapi.thedrive.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F10%2Fasdda2424.jpg%3Fquality%3D85

defense-large.jpg

ef88cb88-e5cb-11e9-8a10-b9721f28293e_image_hires_075748.JPG

maxresdefault_8.jpg

Okhotnik-attack-drone.jpg

5-Korsar.jpg

And yes we (Iran) may have unique drone technology that's more suited to our defense spending however that doesn't mean Iran has superior drone technology from a technological point of view. So my advice to you is to get out of your little bubble!

I persist and sign! Iran is as advanced as China on drones and ahead of Russia. On the nano technology of drones and the miniaturization of drone technology, Iran has nothing to envy to any country. Since the capture of the very advanced drone of the USA. Iran is in the top level of the manufacture of drones.

For the big red drone, you do not know anything about technology trying on this drones. You opinions are not facts. I am convinced that Iran will know how to surprise us very soon with a drone of very high technology and very great power.

You photos and your speculations do not have facts ... Sorry!

so we did build something so advanced that freaking every buddy up after all, including Israel. :-):tup:

“Drone wreckage discovered in Saudi Arabia shows that the Iranians are manufacturing and operating drones so advanced (with jet engines and significant stealth capabilities) that they do not lag behind Israeli capabilities in this field. Seventeen targets incurred a direct hit in this concentrated bombardment. Considering the 20 projectiles whose debris was found at the attack site, that’s an 85-percent success rate, which indicates the very high capability and reliability of the technology that was used.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/08/opinion/iran-israel-saudi-arabia.html

so we did build something so advanced that freaking every buddy up after all, including Israel. :-):tup:

“Drone wreckage discovered in Saudi Arabia shows that the Iranians are manufacturing and operating drones so advanced (with jet engines and significant stealth capabilities) that they do not lag behind Israeli capabilities in this field. Seventeen targets incurred a direct hit in this concentrated bombardment. Considering the 20 projectiles whose debris was found at the attack site, that’s an 85-percent success rate, which indicates the very high capability and reliability of the technology that was used.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/08/opinion/iran-israel-saudi-arabia.html
Can you copy paste the whole thing? It is asking me to sign up for some reason!

Can you copy paste the whole thing? It is asking me to sign up for some reason!

برای منم همینطور ولی تحریم محدودیت نیست :lol::tup:

Trump and Tehran Shake Up the Middle East

Iran’s airstrike on Saudi oil sites exposed vulnerabilities around the region.

08friedmansub1-superJumbo.jpg

I’m sure I’m not the only one who finds it bizarre that the Republican leadership is (rightly) going nuts over President Trump’s betrayal of the Kurds in Syria while it’s ignoring his betrayal of the U.S. Constitution at home. If only Lindsey Graham & Co. were as eager to defend our democracy as they are the Kurds. But I digress.

If you think Trump’s withdrawal of U.S. troops from Syria will make the Middle East more explosive, you’re correct. But there’s far more going on. Those troops were also interrupting Iran’s efforts to build a land bridge from Tehran to Beirut to tighten a noose around Israel — and their removal could help bring the Iran-Israel shadow war out into the open. This is the really big story in the Middle East today.

Here’s the background: In the early hours of Sept. 14, the Iranian Air Force launched roughly 20 drones and cruise missiles at one of Saudi Arabia’s most important oil fields and processing facilities. The drones and cruise missiles flew so low and with such stealth that neither their takeoff nor their impending attack was detected in time by Saudi or U.S. radar. The pro-Iranian Houthi militia in Yemen claimed responsibility for the raid. That was as believable as saying that Santa Claus did it.

Some Israeli strategists argue that this surprise attack was the Middle East’s “Pearl Harbor.” An exaggeration? Maybe not.

Whoever in Iran came up with the idea of this daring airstrike just got a big pay raise. It could not have worked out better. Because the sound you hear coming from every Arab capital and Israel is the same sound you hear from your automated driving assistant when your car has suddenly deviated from the mapped route:

“Recalculating, recalculating, recalculating.”

Every country is now recalculating its security strategy, starting with Israel. Consider how Uzi Even, one of the founding scientists of Israel’s Dimona nuclear reactor, assessed the Iranian strike.

“A total of 20 cruise missiles and drones were used in the attack,” Even wrote in Haaretz on Sunday. “Drone wreckage discovered in Saudi Arabia shows that the Iranians are manufacturing and operating drones so advanced (with jet engines and significant stealth capabilities) that they do not lag behind Israeli capabilities in this field. Seventeen targets incurred a direct hit in this concentrated bombardment. Considering the 20 projectiles whose debris was found at the attack site, that’s an 85-percent success rate, which indicates the very high capability and reliability of the technology that was used.”

merlin_161267361_f8b19aab-99ec-4931-a448-584d3586246b-superJumbo.jpg

Photos of the aftermath, Even added, “show the precision that was achieved in the attack. Each one of the spherical gas tankers in the picture was hit in the center. The pictures also show that the strike precision was one meter. … The Iranians, or their proxies, showed that they can hit specific targets with great precision and from a distance of hundreds of kilometers. We have to accept the fact that we are now vulnerable to such a strike.”

Even’s conclusion: Operations at Israel’s “Dimona nuclear reactor should be halted. It has now been shown to be vulnerable, and the harm it could cause would likely exceed its benefits.”

Not a bad day’s work for Iran — and Israel wasn’t even the target. Now let’s look at the Arabs. The Saudis and the United Arab Emirates got a double shock from the Iranian attack. It simultaneously exposed Iran’s precision and Donald Trump’s isolationism.

It had to have been quite the cold shower for the Saudis to call Washington to discuss what the U.S. planned as a strategic response only to discover that our president was busy looking for the cellphone number of Iran’s president, Hassan Rouhani, to see if he could cut the same deal with him that he did with North Korea’s dictator, Kim Jong-un: Give me a photo-op handshake, and we can do business.

Translated into Arabic, Trump was saying to the Gulf Arabs: “I forgot to tell you. I’m only interested in selling you our weapons — not using them in your defense. But don’t forget to stay in my hotel when you’re next in D.C.! Operators are standing by.”

The Saudis and the U.A.E. got the message. They, too, got busy looking for the Iranian leader’s cellphone number — and the number of the pro-Iranian emir of Qatar, too. Time to get right with all the neighbors.

This, in turn, has fractured the tacit U.S.-Sunni Arab-Israel anti-Iran coalition and left Israel feeling more alone than ever to deal with Iran — and its proxies in Lebanon, Syria and Iraq.

Because Prime Minister Bibi Netanyahu of Israel also got a double dose of Trump reality. After Netanyahu did poorly in the recent Israeli election, Bibi learned how much Trump doesn’t like losers. When asked about Bibi after the Israeli election, Trump said coolly that he hadn’t spoken to him — “our relationship is with Israel.”

merlin_162043461_1f1b78b5-1dc4-4598-a3b2-ea8950740759-articleLarge.jpg

Translated into Hebrew, Trump was saying: “Bibi? Bibi? I once knew a guy who owned a deli at Lexington and 55th named Bibi.”

observed Karim Sadjadpour, Middle East expert at the Carnegie Endowment.

So Iran’s Islamic revolutionaries need constant conflict with America and Israel to justify their ruthless internal repression. But Iran is heir to a great civilization. Even with its brain drain, it’s still got lots of real scientific talent.

Iran is now trying to semi-encircle Israel with proxy militias like Hezbollah — in Lebanon, Syria and Western Iraq, armed with precision-guided missiles. The word “precision” really matters. In the 2006 war between Hezbollah and Israel, Iranian-armed Hezbollah had to fire scores of dumb, unguided, surface-to-surface rockets of limited range in hopes of damaging a single Israeli target, mostly in the northern half of the country. Ditto Hamas in Gaza.

merlin_161812632_b2df4cb6-8943-4b4a-b056-e2242e5cb1fb-articleLarge.jpg

But since 2016, Iran has been transferring kits to Hezbollah to convert its dumb rockets into precision-guided missiles — like those that perfectly punctured the Saudi oil facilities. It’s not clear how many Hezbollah now has, but if it has only 150 it could hit all of the important economic and military targets in Israel. That’s Israel’s ports, airports, power plants, nuclear reactor, Intel computer chip factory and its network of software and technology companies. It could cripple Israel.

In light of all this, Israel has been signaling two things to Hezbollah and Iran. One is that in response to any missile attacks, Israel will carpet bomb neighborhoods in Lebanon where Hezbollah’s families live and where it manufactures the missiles, and turn them into rubble, as it did on a small scale in 2006. And it will make the Lebanese economy collateral damage.

And the other is that Israel will attack Tehran directly, either with precision long-range missiles from Israel or submarine-launched missiles from the Persian Gulf, with this message: “Every time Tel Aviv is hit by your proxies, we will hit Tehran. You will not sit out this war. And you will not out-crazy us.”

So, the Middle East may look calm right now, but that’s an illusion. Everyone is recalculating: The Iranians are emboldened, the Arabs are frightened and Israel and Iran are one miscalculation away from a war of precision missiles that neither can afford.

Saudis Had No Intel On Iranian Oil Strikes; Mossad, Bibi Brief Defense Cabinet

The Israeli sources said the Saudis had no clue something might happen. “It seems that the Americans were also in the dark, which is very worrying. A greater cause for worry, is if Washington knew and did not share the data in time with the Saudis” one of the sources said.

• The Iranian weapons’ range of 650 kilometers;
  • The weapon systems were carefully selected – cruise missiles and loitering weapon systems — and the targets were selected using very accurate intelligence.
The weapon systems included seven Qudas 1 cruise missiles powered by Iranian-built jet engines derived from a Czech engine. Also, the Iranians used eight “loitering” weapons (drones) that were developed in Iran based on technology acquired in other countries.

While the targeting method is not known, the Israeli experts pointed to the accuracy of the weapon systems: they “hit exactly where they should.”

The experts add that the weapon systems were launched either from South –east Iran or by Iranian allies in Iraq.

https://breakingdefense.com/2019/10...il-strikes-mossad-bibi-brief-defense-cabinet/

برای منم همینطور ولی تحریم محدودیت نیست :lol::tup:

Trump and Tehran Shake Up the Middle East

Iran’s airstrike on Saudi oil sites exposed vulnerabilities around the region.

08friedmansub1-superJumbo.jpg

I’m sure I’m not the only one who finds it bizarre that the Republican leadership is (rightly) going nuts over President Trump’s betrayal of the Kurds in Syria while it’s ignoring his betrayal of the U.S. Constitution at home. If only Lindsey Graham & Co. were as eager to defend our democracy as they are the Kurds. But I digress.

If you think Trump’s withdrawal of U.S. troops from Syria will make the Middle East more explosive, you’re correct. But there’s far more going on. Those troops were also interrupting Iran’s efforts to build a land bridge from Tehran to Beirut to tighten a noose around Israel — and their removal could help bring the Iran-Israel shadow war out into the open. This is the really big story in the Middle East today.

Here’s the background: In the early hours of Sept. 14, the Iranian Air Force launched roughly 20 drones and cruise missiles at one of Saudi Arabia’s most important oil fields and processing facilities. The drones and cruise missiles flew so low and with such stealth that neither their takeoff nor their impending attack was detected in time by Saudi or U.S. radar. The pro-Iranian Houthi militia in Yemen claimed responsibility for the raid. That was as believable as saying that Santa Claus did it.

Some Israeli strategists argue that this surprise attack was the Middle East’s “Pearl Harbor.” An exaggeration? Maybe not.

Whoever in Iran came up with the idea of this daring airstrike just got a big pay raise. It could not have worked out better. Because the sound you hear coming from every Arab capital and Israel is the same sound you hear from your automated driving assistant when your car has suddenly deviated from the mapped route:

“Recalculating, recalculating, recalculating.”

Every country is now recalculating its security strategy, starting with Israel. Consider how Uzi Even, one of the founding scientists of Israel’s Dimona nuclear reactor, assessed the Iranian strike.

“A total of 20 cruise missiles and drones were used in the attack,” Even wrote in Haaretz on Sunday. “Drone wreckage discovered in Saudi Arabia shows that the Iranians are manufacturing and operating drones so advanced (with jet engines and significant stealth capabilities) that they do not lag behind Israeli capabilities in this field. Seventeen targets incurred a direct hit in this concentrated bombardment. Considering the 20 projectiles whose debris was found at the attack site, that’s an 85-percent success rate, which indicates the very high capability and reliability of the technology that was used.”

merlin_161267361_f8b19aab-99ec-4931-a448-584d3586246b-superJumbo.jpg

Photos of the aftermath, Even added, “show the precision that was achieved in the attack. Each one of the spherical gas tankers in the picture was hit in the center. The pictures also show that the strike precision was one meter. … The Iranians, or their proxies, showed that they can hit specific targets with great precision and from a distance of hundreds of kilometers. We have to accept the fact that we are now vulnerable to such a strike.”

Even’s conclusion: Operations at Israel’s “Dimona nuclear reactor should be halted. It has now been shown to be vulnerable, and the harm it could cause would likely exceed its benefits.”

Not a bad day’s work for Iran — and Israel wasn’t even the target. Now let’s look at the Arabs. The Saudis and the United Arab Emirates got a double shock from the Iranian attack. It simultaneously exposed Iran’s precision and Donald Trump’s isolationism.

It had to have been quite the cold shower for the Saudis to call Washington to discuss what the U.S. planned as a strategic response only to discover that our president was busy looking for the cellphone number of Iran’s president, Hassan Rouhani, to see if he could cut the same deal with him that he did with North Korea’s dictator, Kim Jong-un: Give me a photo-op handshake, and we can do business.

Translated into Arabic, Trump was saying to the Gulf Arabs: “I forgot to tell you. I’m only interested in selling you our weapons — not using them in your defense. But don’t forget to stay in my hotel when you’re next in D.C.! Operators are standing by.”

The Saudis and the U.A.E. got the message. They, too, got busy looking for the Iranian leader’s cellphone number — and the number of the pro-Iranian emir of Qatar, too. Time to get right with all the neighbors.

This, in turn, has fractured the tacit U.S.-Sunni Arab-Israel anti-Iran coalition and left Israel feeling more alone than ever to deal with Iran — and its proxies in Lebanon, Syria and Iraq.

Because Prime Minister Bibi Netanyahu of Israel also got a double dose of Trump reality. After Netanyahu did poorly in the recent Israeli election, Bibi learned how much Trump doesn’t like losers. When asked about Bibi after the Israeli election, Trump said coolly that he hadn’t spoken to him — “our relationship is with Israel.”

merlin_162043461_1f1b78b5-1dc4-4598-a3b2-ea8950740759-articleLarge.jpg

Translated into Hebrew, Trump was saying: “Bibi? Bibi? I once knew a guy who owned a deli at Lexington and 55th named Bibi.”

observed Karim Sadjadpour, Middle East expert at the Carnegie Endowment.

So Iran’s Islamic revolutionaries need constant conflict with America and Israel to justify their ruthless internal repression. But Iran is heir to a great civilization. Even with its brain drain, it’s still got lots of real scientific talent.

Iran is now trying to semi-encircle Israel with proxy militias like Hezbollah — in Lebanon, Syria and Western Iraq, armed with precision-guided missiles. The word “precision” really matters. In the 2006 war between Hezbollah and Israel, Iranian-armed Hezbollah had to fire scores of dumb, unguided, surface-to-surface rockets of limited range in hopes of damaging a single Israeli target, mostly in the northern half of the country. Ditto Hamas in Gaza.

merlin_161812632_b2df4cb6-8943-4b4a-b056-e2242e5cb1fb-articleLarge.jpg

But since 2016, Iran has been transferring kits to Hezbollah to convert its dumb rockets into precision-guided missiles — like those that perfectly punctured the Saudi oil facilities. It’s not clear how many Hezbollah now has, but if it has only 150 it could hit all of the important economic and military targets in Israel. That’s Israel’s ports, airports, power plants, nuclear reactor, Intel computer chip factory and its network of software and technology companies. It could cripple Israel.

In light of all this, Israel has been signaling two things to Hezbollah and Iran. One is that in response to any missile attacks, Israel will carpet bomb neighborhoods in Lebanon where Hezbollah’s families live and where it manufactures the missiles, and turn them into rubble, as it did on a small scale in 2006. And it will make the Lebanese economy collateral damage.

And the other is that Israel will attack Tehran directly, either with precision long-range missiles from Israel or submarine-launched missiles from the Persian Gulf, with this message: “Every time Tel Aviv is hit by your proxies, we will hit Tehran. You will not sit out this war. And you will not out-crazy us.”

So, the Middle East may look calm right now, but that’s an illusion. Everyone is recalculating: The Iranians are emboldened, the Arabs are frightened and Israel and Iran are one miscalculation away from a war of precision missiles that neither can afford.

Saudis Had No Intel On Iranian Oil Strikes; Mossad, Bibi Brief Defense Cabinet

The Israeli sources said the Saudis had no clue something might happen. “It seems that the Americans were also in the dark, which is very worrying. A greater cause for worry, is if Washington knew and did not share the data in time with the Saudis” one of the sources said.

• The Iranian weapons’ range of 650 kilometers;
  • The weapon systems were carefully selected – cruise missiles and loitering weapon systems — and the targets were selected using very accurate intelligence.
The weapon systems included seven Qudas 1 cruise missiles powered by Iranian-built jet engines derived from a Czech engine. Also, the Iranians used eight “loitering” weapons (drones) that were developed in Iran based on technology acquired in other countries.

While the targeting method is not known, the Israeli experts pointed to the accuracy of the weapon systems: they “hit exactly where they should.”

The experts add that the weapon systems were launched either from South –east Iran or by Iranian allies in Iraq.

https://breakingdefense.com/2019/10...il-strikes-mossad-bibi-brief-defense-cabinet/
نه نیست! ممنون

Recalculating! Lol. Very true!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom