What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

Wow that genuinely sucks!!?!
Why in god’s name would you have 7 different drones for the same role?

Some options to consider:
1- none of them works, so you keep building more hoping one will stick.

2- they are for show, you rush a model just to use it as propaganda and then another and another, wasting taxpayer money.

Also, I seriously doubt those are stealthy in a meaningful way. Not only do they lack RAM coatings but look at that poor workmanship? Even some tractors have smoother surfaces than that.

I expect better from Iran, especially since they are not starting from zero like most countries, but copying stolen western tech.

All I see here is just glorified skywalker X-8’s.
a tj-100 engine that powers s-191 consumes 150 kg fuel, now the wankel engine consumes almost 15 kg of fuel. the first version has more stealth characteristics while second one has more endurance, now it depends on your mission to use one of them. none of them are for propaganda purpose, the wankel engine ones used in Yemen and Israel, the jet engine ones against isis and pjak.
regarding their RCS i assure u they have smaller RCS than any drone in region (delta shaped drones have inherent stealth characteristic), also in the past MoD presented RAM.
regarding workmanship:
Screenshot_2018-11-26-18-59-11-1.png

vs this:
Untitled.png

You're writing nonsense you have no idea about.
That "stealth" drone was obviously detected , so it's not stealth for sure. And it got shot down over the Golan merely a few kilometers from the border. Not "deep in Israels airspace".
Israeli F-35s are probably flying over Iranian major cities regularely.
it's not matter of detection, obviously it detected, stealth planes get detected that was not a mystery. have u ever heard of 3d radar?? an stealth plane does manipulates radar reflections to an extent that you can't say your radar is 3d anymore. without 3d radar you can't guide a missile to target. it's what seems to happen with your air defenses.
also our government denied the drone was ours, we are in a defence forum and doing what people do in this kind of forums.

it looks like the Turkish UAV
that drone u mentioned is 4 times bigger than this bro.

LOL!!:rofl::rofl:
After reading your above comment I`m almost feeling embarrassed for you because of your obvious utter ignorance.
:rofl:Vise versa dear but I do almost feel doubly embarrassed by your highly enlightening post, :rofl: What are you going to describe next? process of breathing as there seems to be some shortage of air to the most vital part? :haha:

You see dear, assisted takeoff as evident by the drone hanging from a crane and subsequently being mounted on the back of a pick up means its puny and hence so is the payload only good enough for so much.

But I guess size does not matter to you here but it does in the realm of attack aircraft. That is why we see Qahir313 do taxi runs but unable to fly in its current configuration and size but its propaganda RC version sure does ;)

Me miss a UAV bomber with at least 10 tons payload in the sortiment of Iran.

well i have some good news today Iran announced that it has built and will use intercontinental UAVs or UCAVs :-)

خانزادی روز سه‌شنبه اول مردادماه در گفت‌و‌گو با خبرگزاری فارس گفت که پهپادهای ایران «هیچ محدودیتی در برقراری لینک ارتباطی ندارند.» او از اضافه شدن پهپادهای جدید «دوربرد و قاره‌پیما» به نیروی دریایی ارتش خبر داد.

https://iranintl.com/تازه-چه-خبر/فر...تصاویر-کاملی-از-تردد-روزانه-کشتی‌های-آمریکایی

Iran has intercontinental drones, will use them if necessary: Navy chief

"Asked about UAVs for intercontinental missions, the Iranian Navy chief said, “Yes, now we have this type of drones and will definitely use them if necessary.”

https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2019/07/23/601635/Iran-Hossein-Khanzadi-intercontinental-drones

Iran says in possession of long-range intercontinental drones

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2019-07/23/c_138251640.htm

https://www.msn.com/en-xl/middleeas...ar-AAEMz8g?li=BBJGzsi&srcref=rss&post_id=noID

https://english.almanar.com.lb/788658

So who taught you manners and to speak in such a graceful way dear?

about your last question Qaher 313 last taxi test was 2 years ago and they said we will going to see its first flight this year hopefully. and remember all we saw up until to day there are all were prototypes not the final model.

this is prototype number 08

902872_335.jpg

a tj-100 engine that powers s-191 consumes 150 kg fuel, now the wankel engine consumes almost 15 kg of fuel. the first version has more stealth characteristics while second one has more endurance, now it depends on your mission to use one of them. none of them are for propaganda purpose, the wankel engine ones used in Yemen and Israel, the jet engine ones against isis and pjak.
regarding their RCS i assure u they have smaller RCS than any drone in region (delta shaped drones have inherent stealth characteristic), also in the past MoD presented RAM.
regarding workmanship:
View attachment 570664
vs this:
View attachment 570665

it's not matter of detection, obviously it detected, stealth planes get detected that was not a mystery. have u ever heard of 3d radar?? an stealth plane does manipulates radar reflections to an extent that you can't say your radar is 3d anymore. without 3d radar you can't guide a missile to target. it's what seems to happen with your air defenses.
also our government denied the drone was ours, we are in a defence forum and doing what people do in this kind of forums.

that drone u mentioned is 4 times bigger than this bro.

yes but this is model and not in its real size, we have to see the real size of it then we can say if its like that drone or not this is just a simple model.

Qaher 313 last taxi test was 2 years ago and they said we will going to see its first flight this year hopefully. and remember all we saw up until to day there are all were prototypes not the final model.
this is prototype number 08
Yes, from single engine on the first mock-up to a twin engine in the later prototypes and much bigger wings and a cockpit where the pilot can sit instead of squat, it has come a long way without going up in the air but it has started to look the part and may well fly soon.
510faa3beab8eac156000022-480-360.jpg 7567fcb732a6730decd254cf499015bb--qaher--php.jpg

Yes, from single engine on the first mock-up to a twin engine in the later prototypes and much bigger wings and a cockpit where the pilot can sit instead of squat, it has come a long way without going up in the air but it has started to look the part and may well fly soon.
View attachment 570676 View attachment 570677

yes at the time Iran and Russia had a deal in which Russia had to sell us RD_33 engines thats why the first mock up had one engine but they backed out so we had to replace it with 2 Iranian made OWJ engines.

DlKIxrLXoAAiRVQ.jpg

but word on the street is that ppl see it fly near military base in Isfahan ( Isfahan has one of the air force largest air bases ). never the less we have to wait more and see what happens.

Last edited:
Actually benny what was rather funny was that the israelis had to whistle up an attack helo to shoot down the drone,which in addition to being prop powered,which thanks to its revolving airfoil does tend to give a larger radar return than one without,was also the earlier version of this design.The curious thing was that the israelis patriot sams previously on at least a couple of other occasions had no trouble either tracking or shooting down non stealthy drones in syrian airspace or at least attempting to target them if they came to close....evidently not this time tho instead having to use an attack helo and get within visual range while it was inside israeli airspace,rather curious,not to mention potentially embarrassing,dont you think?.:undecided:
Hey,maybe this time the idf just wanted to save the poor old long suffering us taxpayer some money,so it used a helo fired guided missile costing only tens of thousands of us tax dollars rather than a patriot sam costing hundreds of thousands of us tax dollars...:lol:;)
So there you have it folks a perfectly reasonable explanation for the failure of israels air defences.....er..ah...I mean of course a demonstration of israels sound economic policy of conserving us tax dollars[LOL!!]:haha::sarcastic:

PS:
Are you guys still grovelling to uncle puty putin begging him to get the iranians out of syria for you?.Let me know how that works out for you.[LOL!]:rolleyes::enjoy:
:azn:
They didn't call up anything it was already in the air when it penetrated the airspace.

:rofl:Vise versa dear but I do almost feel doubly embarrassed by your highly enlightening post, :rofl: What are you going to describe next? process of breathing as there seems to be some shortage of air to the most vital part? :haha:

You see dear, assisted takeoff as evident by the drone hanging from a crane and subsequently being mounted on the back of a pick up means its puny and hence so is the payload only good enough for so much.

But I guess size does not matter to you here but it does in the realm of attack aircraft. That is why we see Qahir313 do taxi runs but unable to fly in its current configuration and size but its propaganda RC version sure does ;)
Well sport I could explain the process of breathing if you`d like,but it is a bit complicated and frankly you dont really seem to be the sharpest knife in the drawer so to speak....:oops::pleasantry:
I guess that would depend on ones definition of "puny" now wouldnt?.For instance just recently the iranians had a war game where they deployed over 50 ucavs plus other assorted drones,this was the largest ever ucav deployment in the mena region.Now when one does some simple math one can see that the weight of fire power deployed by a force of this size is around 100-120+ odd glide bombs,if we then imagine this force being used against a tempting target like this air base in the uae just a short flight across hormuz...

..now just look at all those nice juicy us f15s sitting out there in the open parked right next to each other in a nice grid pattern for ease of targeting.Now even if you only conservatively used 2 glide bombs apiece just to knock out rather than destroy these aircraft,that would still leave you anywhere from another 48-68 glide bombs to use on whatever else you wanted,or you could use 4 glide bombs on each one just to make damn sure.All in all not too bad for such a supposedly "puny" weapon,but then its just like that old cliche:Its not how big it is,its what you do with it that really counts.:smart::sniper:
You see sport,the whole point of using assisted take off is that it allows for a far more compact aircraft.Now iran could`ve gone for a ucav based on a medium sized male class design with its own fixed landing gear that could do its own take offs such as the new mohajer 6,however this would`ve offered little combat advantage in real terms as it would`ve had little more weapons carrying capacity while having a much larger radar signature,oh and it also would`ve required decent runways to operate from,tho unfortunately these have tended to have a rater regrettable habit of being knocked out fairly quickly during enemy air campaigns for some reason.By comparison however a vehicle based assisted take off system can use literally ANY road and can also deploy large numbers of ucavs virtually simultaneously and very quickly unlike gas/pneumatic catapults or rocket boosters.:smart::agree:

Did you ever see the have blue prototype of the f117?,it was also pretty small,in fact around half the size and a quarter of the weight of the f117 production machine,not too mention a few physical differences as well.Now its quite possible that the Q313 is just like have blue ie a scaled down half sized prototype of the intended production machine,but I guess we`ll just have to wait and see.Still the very fact that iran actually went ahead with building a prototype after so many of the "experts" scoffed at the mock up shows that iran certainly took the design seriously,not to mention that if the rc models were able to fly then I think theres a good chance that the prototype could as well.
Lastly you do realise that aircraft development programs usually take years to reach fruition,right?.:smart::crazy_pilot:

:azn::wave:

Well sport I could explain the process of breathing if you`d like,but it is a bit complicated and frankly you dont really seem to be the sharpest knife in the drawer so to speak....:oops::pleasantry:
I guess that would depend on ones definition of "puny" now wouldnt?.For instance just recently the iranians had a war game where they deployed over 50 ucavs plus other assorted drones,this was the largest ever ucav deployment in the mena region.Now when one does some simple math one can see that the weight of fire power deployed by a force of this size is around 100-120+ odd glide bombs,if we then imagine this force being used against a tempting target like this air base in the uae just a short flight across hormuz...

..now just look at all those nice juicy us f15s sitting out there in the open parked right next to each other in a nice grid pattern for ease of targeting.Now even if you only conservatively used 2 glide bombs apiece just to knock out rather than destroy these aircraft,that would still leave you anywhere from another 48-68 glide bombs to use on whatever else you wanted,or you could use 4 glide bombs on each one just to make damn sure.All in all not too bad for such a supposedly "puny" weapon,but then its just like that old cliche:Its not how big it is,its what you do with it that really counts.:smart::sniper:
You see sport,the whole point of using assisted take off is that it allows for a far more compact aircraft.Now iran could`ve gone for a ucav based on a medium sized male class design with its own fixed landing gear that could do its own take offs such as the new mohajer 6,however this would`ve offered little combat advantage in real terms as it would`ve had little more weapons carrying capacity while having a much larger radar signature,oh and it also would`ve required decent runways to operate from,tho unfortunately these have tended to have a rater regrettable habit of being knocked out fairly quickly during enemy air campaigns for some reason.By comparison however a vehicle based assisted take off system can use literally ANY road and can also deploy large numbers of ucavs virtually simultaneously and very quickly unlike gas/pneumatic catapults or rocket boosters.:smart::agree:

Did you ever see the have blue prototype of the f117?,it was also pretty small,in fact around half the size and a quarter of the weight of the f117 production machine,not too mention a few physical differences as well.Now its quite possible that the Q313 is just like have blue ie a scaled down half sized prototype of the intended production machine,but I guess we`ll just have to wait and see.Still the very fact that iran actually went ahead with building a prototype after so many of the "experts" scoffed at the mock up shows that iran certainly took the design seriously,not to mention that if the rc models were able to fly then I think theres a good chance that the prototype could as well.
Lastly you do realise that aircraft development programs usually take years to reach fruition,right?.:smart::crazy_pilot:

:azn::wave:
Well sport, to tell you the truth, I stopped reading after "100-120 glide Bombs" and looking at parked F15s, lol, so obvious...

You have too much time to fantasize such fairy tales dude, get a life man, lol.

I assure you my dear ignoramus friend that I'll try to force myself to read the whole post full of fantacise even if I have to clench my teeth through it but only when I get some time to kill.

Best thing about your post, using so many smilies in pairs to reassure yourself, how mature, lol.

Well sport, to tell you the truth, I stopped reading after "100-120 glide Bombs" and looking at parked F15s, lol, so obvious...

You have too much time to fantasize such fairy tales dude, get a life man, lol.

I assure you my dear ignoramus friend that I'll try to force myself to read the whole post full of fantacise even if I have to clench my teeth through it but only when I get some time to kill.

Best thing about your post, using so many smilies in pairs to reassure yourself, how mature, lol.

What is it with all that "juicy" in the greater east? Is it an insider gag?

Back
Top Bottom