What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

These are not production models. They are prototypes meant to test flight characteristics.

As for the UCAV, it is too small to carry weapons internally. But its flying wing shape gives it a lower RCS than a conventional design. So it can be described as stealthy in a limited sense.
They are production models and are already in service as you can see from the video yavar posted. the reason they don't have a flush fit is because they are made of carbon fibre and don't have a unibody-design (its harder to manufacture and more costly) unlike the us version, which would probably explain why the US opted for other materials.

They are production models and are already in service as you can see from the video yavar posted. the reason they don't have a flush fit is because they are made of carbon fibre and don't have a unibody-design (its harder to manufacture and more costly) unlike the us version, which would probably explain why the US opted for other materials.

It's operational... But only older prototypes displayed !!!

As you can see earlier models have no Landing gears...

Shahed aerospace starts development from very simple models & make it better step by step!

For example first S-129 prototype didn't have retractable landing gears!

29582078.jpg

:lol: and you call it stealthy

And it's clearly that the finish parts are not smooth in the left side.

and puting the missiles below the drone and not insid comeone....

69344631.jpg

look at the second drone hall inside (were is the elctronics :sarcastic:)

reserved engineering of stealthy uav should focused on the material and the substance that make UAV stealthy and to reserved that to the level of cells is 99.9% impossible

don't call my zionest. i just have a natural opinion
I guess that's because you are still a rookie. Your country mates that have been here longer than you have learned not to laugh anymore. Even Jane's is taking it seriously:

http://www.janes.com/article/64435/iranian-stealth-uav-test-site-identified

Interesting story/rumors from syrian civil war

"A little news from an insider from Iran, Iran has deployed 3 drones reverse engineered from US models that had been captured by the IRGC. These drones are attack units and carry 4 missiles each.
A test run was conducted yesterday in the Idlib area where a AlQaeda leader was killed by a missile fired from the drone."

"

"
Great news but the drone is not one of the new ones. Its a S-129 which of course, doesn't reduce the value of what was achieved.

they very cleverly dont show the back of this drone.
They dont show the engine of it.

What's clever about it? They already showed a Jet powered version flying specifically for ppl that have delusions of grandeur! FYI Iran from the beginning promised to build I think 5 or 6 different sizes & versions with Jet & propeller versions!

Building mini jet engines is neither hard nor complicated! The problem with mini turbo fan engines is that you may get range but you don't get a lot of flight hours!

Iran's Jet powered Karrar with1000km range can only stay up for a little over an hour!
US MQ-1 with well ever 1000 km rang can stay up for almost "24" hours same with Iran's Shahed-129...

If you want a stealthy UAV/UCAV to stock US ships for hours on end in the Persian Gulf you need large propeller versions but for a quick attack or for quick long range recon of Saudi or Israeli bases you use Jet powered.
So Iran needs both and has built both of all sizes

Iran UAV small.jpg

1st rq170.jpg

From the smallest versions to the largest with different types of engines and each with their own mission!!!

This is not Iran's 1st Jet powered UAV/UCAV it's just one of many and PPL only know what Iran's media chooses to show them

These ideas that micro jet engines and mini turbofan engines somehow don't exist in Iran or that Iran can't produce them are nothing but western delusions!!!!

Iran has been producing jet engines for well over a decade!!!! Iran produces micro jet engines, mini jet engines, mini turbofan engines & Turbojet engines
Iran's 1st Civilian Turbofan engine & ramjet engines have been built and are undergoing testing.

The facility you see below was built ~1998

Man... That thing in the picture is a hobby model !!!

I think the one in the pic above is just a mock up and not the real RC version Iran built at the start of the reverse engineering program

1st one was an RC model ~ 1/10 the size and it's not like Iran mass produced the RC version for them to take it around the country for every event they built 2-3 of them and not all survived.... so I would say that's probably just a mockup...

This is the RC Version
upload_2016-10-19_20-40-8.png

Then we moved on to 40% Version

upload_2016-10-19_20-48-31.png

And a propeller version for long flight hours

then they moved on to 1-1 copy

upload_2016-10-19_20-50-51.png

They planed it step by step to reach their goal and I think that's good project management!

I believe they should take the next step and build a larger twin engine version with 2 OWJ engines, air refueling capability and the capability to drop 4,000 - 5,000 lb payload

Iran right now is building a civilian turbofan engine they can also build a larger one based on that engine in the future...

Also with an IRST & 2 IR missiles it will be a good version to be used in Air to Air operations!

I think the IRGC has better project management than IRIAF

I believe there should be a competition between IRIAF & IRGC (AFAGIR) for the development of the next Iranian Airframe based on the following restrictions

1. Prototypes based on 2 J-79 engines (Production model we'll use Turbofan...)
2. Radar dome large enough to hold an AWG-9 Radar
3.Max speed of + Mach 1.8
4.Internal weapons bay
5.+8G capable
6.No vertical surfaces
7.air-air flight refueling capability
8.IRST built in the airframe

Both prototypes should use F-14 cockpit, radar, weapons system and landing gear and incorporate parts and equipment Iran is already producing.

And you make IEI (Iran electronic industries) responsible for developing the cockpit of the production model with an Iranian IRST, MFD, upgraded version of the AWG-9 with increased processing power and a more advanced antenna,

Back
Top Bottom