What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

@drmeson @Hack-Hook @Shawnee @TheImmortal @Stryker1982 @Ich
@Sineva

not sure if this has been posted ..a lot of info.

A study of downed Iranian drones (the Russians wrote "Geran-2" on their boards) showed that they had many foreign components despite Iran's sanctions.

For example, the Shahed-131 UAV is the predecessor of the Shahed-136 version, and the two have similar working principles and the most unified main components.

Iranian drones used by Russia are equipped with U.S. components, and the guidance system is difficult to suppress with electronic warfare

Iranian drones used by Russia are equipped with U.S. components, and the guidance system is difficult to suppress with electronic warfare

The flight control unit of the Shahed-131 drone contains five custom printed circuit boards (PCBs) with Texas Instruments TMS320 F28335 processors, a set of highly integrated and efficient microcircuits for demanding control procedures.

The Engine Control Unit (ECU) contains a single circuit board with a Texas Instruments processor that monitors all engine characteristics during flight.

The electronic systems inside the drone are connected by wires with special markings, all markings in the UAS (production system) are written in English.

The electronic components of the drone are all civilian. From the point of view of the guidance system, there is only a civilian-grade GPS receiver, which allows the drone to specifically deal with stationary objects.

A system has been added to the GPS guidance system to prevent GPS signals from being jammed by electronic warfare (EW). A primitive inertial system is installed on the drone, which can maintain approximate heading and altitude if GPS navigation is disabled.

Therefore, the GPS guidance system of this UAV is difficult to suppress using electronic warfare.
In the article
"On September 26, the Ukrainian armed forces fired Haimas rockets at the management and training center of Iranian drone operators in the Kherson region, and about 20 Iranian instructors and 40 Russian military personnel who had gone to Russia were eliminated."

"Haimas" is Himars i think.

Seems to be largely a pro-Ukraine website, but was this claim proven or just came up from Ukrainian officials? Why would Iranian instructors be directly on the battlefield learning Russian operators how to use them? Doubtful claim for me...

In the article
"On September 26, the Ukrainian armed forces fired Haimas rockets at the management and training center of Iranian drone operators in the Kherson region, and about 20 Iranian instructors and 40 Russian military personnel who had gone to Russia were eliminated."

Seems to be largely a pro-Ukraine website, but was this claim proven or just came up from Ukrainian officials? Why would Iranian instructors be directly on the battlefield learning Russian operators how to use them? Doubtful claim for me...
I mean look. At this point, its really up to the reader to believe what they want to believe or to call it fake news.

If someone wants to believe Iranian drone operators are sitting 20km from the front line in Kherson, Ukraine, then I really don't know what to say to them lol. 20 of them as well. We didnt give them 1500km - 2000km suicide UAVs so they can sit and use them 20km from their front line.

This is just part of the war of information really cause they have not shown any proof from their claim, which did not come from Ukrainian MOD but from a Ukrainian journalist.

1664391086944.png

The US Army began fielding the first 50kw DE laser weapon systems Strykers earlier this year. In trials it’s destroyed hundreds of mortars and class 1-3 drones at dollars per shot.

as i said many time already the drone has a 2000+km range no need to send any personnel near any place himras can reach
In the article

Guys we need a separate thread in Iranian section of collection of videos, pics of Iranian weapon performance in Ukraine. This is a must so whoever is following start it please
I can probably do such thing in free time, and just make a thread that logs every captured video or information pertaining to Iranian equipment in Ukraine

300kw laser weapons set to begin testing soon and first deliveries in 2 years.

🥱 I know that you are only a posting-boy and as such you do not know anything technical about the things you post. But to for you to understand you should be aware that

a) a lot of countries are on the laser way
b) 300 kw laser isnt something special cause as all other US use modular approach based on the best single laser you have. Go inform you what best single module US has for this weapon
c) to give you an overview what is needed to really be effective AND fast in "target-destroy-target-destroy-target-destroy" within few seconds you need lasers in the many megawatts, whereas different targets need different lasers - straight lasers, pulsed lasers, lasers with variable frequencies and so on.

How much laser-energy do you think you need to shoot down a mach 12 hypersonic missile of the russians? A missile what already build to withstand very very high temperature cause of mach 12 in atmosphere?

There is a long long way to go for all.

Edit:

Here you can see the maximum single laser module the best fiber-laser-producer, IG Photonics, can build. Lockhead Martin cooperates with them. Ok, maybe in China or Russia meanwhile they can produce better, but in the West IG Photonics is the one you have to look for. And this fiber-lasers get stacked together for higher KW, whereas not stacked into a new fiber (the technic still have limits), but "merged" the outcoming lasers into a new one with the help of mirrors and parabols ect. or let all single lasers attack the target at the same point.

here a link where LM used 4x 10kw stacked fiber laser from IG photonics to build a 40 kw laser output

But to say it clearly: This technics have limits due to the fiber itself and to the growing complexity of stackering more and more modules. Me personally think the limit with this technics is at 1,5-2 megawatts. But there is hope cause other ideas for laser technics are coming up.

Last edited:
I can probably do such thing in free time, and just make a thread that logs every captured video or information pertaining to Iranian equipment in Ukraine
Heres the first bits of really good info,confirmation of supply of both the Shahed 131 and the 136 to the russians.The ukranians captured a partially damaged,tho overall fairly intact shahed 131 and have done an analysis on it.
You can find it on pdf here: [you will need to translate it as its in ukranian]
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_HdoBYg9n8Df1Mb_gXfec6pFhJXLH70Y/view
Theres also a more basic article here:
Not only Shahed-136, a detailed study of another Iranian kamikaze drone used by the Russian Federation has appeared

d09632dcb157482b.jpg

🥱 I know that you are only a posting-boy and as such you do not know anything technical about the things you post. But to for you to understand you should be aware that

a) a lot of countries are on the laser way
b) 300 kw laser isnt something special cause as all other US use modular approach based on the best single laser you have. Go inform you what best single module US has for this weapon
c) to give you an overview what is needed to really be effective AND fast in "target-destroy-target-destroy-target-destroy" within few seconds you need lasers in the many megawatts, whereas different targets need different lasers - straight lasers, pulsed lasers, lasers with variable frequencies and so on.

How much laser-energy do you think you need to shoot down a mach 12 hypersonic missile of the russians? A missile what already build to withstand very very high temperature cause of mach 12 in atmosphere?

There is a long long way to go for all.

Edit:

Here you can see the maximum single laser module the best fiber-laser-producer, IG Photonics, can build. Lockhead Martin cooperates with them. Ok, maybe in China or Russia meanwhile they can produce better, but in the West IG Photonics is the one you have to look for. And this fiber-lasers get stacked together for higher KW, whereas not stacked into a new fiber (the technic still have limits), but "merged" the outcoming lasers into a new one with the help of mirrors and parabols ect. or let all single lasers attack the target at the same point.

here a link where LM used 4x 10kw stacked fiber laser from IG photonics to build a 40 kw laser output

But to say it clearly: This technics have limits due to the fiber itself and to the growing complexity of stackering more and more modules. Me personally think the limit with this technics is at 1,5-2 megawatts. But there is hope cause other ideas for laser technics are coming up.

Boom. 😅

Attachments

• 6F63DF8A-A539-4127-8228-4AFCA5C99569.gif
    6F63DF8A-A539-4127-8228-4AFCA5C99569.gif
    660.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Iran thru all the sanctions still have admirable economy and produce better weapons than Turkey who has been spoon fed with Western blue prints and data. Middle East is lucky that Iran is restrained by the West otherwise they would be the main regional power.

Iran thru all the sanctions still have admirable economy and produce better weapons than Turkey who has been spoon fed with Western blue prints and data. Middle East is lucky that Iran is restrained by the West otherwise they would be the main regional power.
This is literally the point of all these sanctions lol, there isn't such a thing as "top 1 sponsor of terrorism worldwide" or "making a nuke", this is fully because Iran doesn't abide by anything the United States wants, but still Iran manages to get them mad by making smart models of drones, missiles and air defense etc, they compensate by activating their massive PR machine of "Military Experts" demonizing everything coming from Iran so that no one buys and everyone mocks until they get inserted into their asses.
Certain states in the region does not want to see Iran rising as a regional or international power, Islamic Republic or not

François Mitterrand: "We do not want to see another Japan, even less in the Middle East"

Either submit to the United States and be its protectorate, forced to buy everything from them/their allies and export ressources only to them and their allies and make limits on indigenous programs, either be submerged of sanctions

Puppet levels:

The "lesser" puppets: Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrein and some eastern Europe countries, less rights given by their protectorate and more military bases inside the country, you get crap export versions, downgraded F-35s and even

The "important" puppets: EU, UK, Australia, Japan and proximity other colonies, Canada, Israel" these have more rights from their US masters, coop programs etc, big lobbies also pushing to give them everything they want such as nuclear submarines even thats illegal by the law and big transfers of technology

Iran being a US puppet would 100% be in the "lesser" category, i red in a book about Iran under Pahlavis and the Iraq war, that he made a coop with Israel and the US and was promised to get the best weapons they made directly for Iran first (still Iran had to pay), in exchange of big discount on oil for Israel, what Israel gave to Iran were downgraded and even not working weapons, they kept the weapons for them and gave the crap to Iran, it was an air to air missile or an air to ground missile don't remember the name but it was meant to be used with fighters, same was made on some AIM54 missiles, they were delivered with some kind of trap making them explode in mid-air but somehow this didn't worked or was bypassed/removed, before the revolution he was preparing to invest a ton for the F-18 project, i don't think Iran wants that kind of "allies" again

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom