What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

That uav even don't have a significant payload
for its mission the payload is very small actually you can see the payload in below picture in red circles

1638822559048.png

One of the worst ads I have ever seen!
Yes,the "swith [sic] to horizontal flight" quote [0:50] certainly cracked me up :rolleyes:
Nonetheless the product itself looks to be excellent,lets hope that the military is paying attention as it looks like it would be a good compliment for the existing vtol pelican hybrids and the new fully electric vtol designs such as the one unveiled at the zulfiqar 1400 war games recently.

Its pretty impressive just what the houthi forces have been able to do with the entry level military drone tech that iran supplied them with.
FGAISQtXIAAr6v-

I think it speaks volumes to just how much iran got right with the design of simple platforms like the samad and the ababil

Yes,the "swith [sic] to horizontal flight" quote [0:50] certainly cracked me up :rolleyes:
Nonetheless the product itself looks to be excellent,lets hope that the military is paying attention as it looks like it would be a good compliment for the existing vtol pelican hybrids and the new fully electric vtol designs such as the one unveiled at the zulfiqar 1400 war games recently.
Plus it seems too much unstable to me, not a good sign for a drone which is entitled aerial mapping!

my question why you need vertical takeoff for a drone which is designed for mapping

Most probably error reduction.

When you try to obtain tilt-less images, you Focus on Vertical features of the drone and its better to develop a Vertical launched drone rather than other versions.
my question why you need vertical takeoff for a drone which is designed for mapping

Most probably error reduction.

When you try to obtain tilt-less images, you Focus on Vertical features of the drone and its better to develop a Vertical launched drone rather than other versions.
well for that I honestly rather use software correction and stabilize the mapping equipment with a high quality gyroscope .
by the way the drone looked quiet unstable to me

well for that I honestly rather use software correction and stabilize the mapping equipment with a high quality gyroscope .
by the way the drone looked quiet unstable to me
Or pilot is crap...And I think,VTOL is actually just for take off and landing..Iran is huge,size of whole west Europe..they probably dont have access to air strip close to area they need cover many times...and as someone mentioned it can also help with mapping itself,even I dont think it is main reason..Iran has SAR tech and even multi purpose radars for F-4 and Kowsar has imaging and terrain mapping capability,also has good gyrostabilization tech for few decades...Also it is much easier to train some public worker to fly drone with VTOL than to take off and land at air strip..thus you need air strip always

Last edited:
Or pilot is crap...And I think,VTOL is actually just for take off and landing..Iran is huge,size of whole west Europe..they probably dont have access to air strip close to area they need cover many times...and as someone mentioned it can also help with mapping itself,even I dont think it is main reason..Iran has SAR tech and even multi purpose radars for F-4 and Kowsar has imaging and terrain mapping capability,also has good gyrostabilization tech for few decades...Also it is much easier to train some public worker to fly drone with VTOL than to take off and land at air strip..thus you need air strip always
try it once actually, training for VTol is harder.
and its a freaking drone with a freaking small size if it really need a strip to take off , they need go back to drawing board

Iran is among the top five producing countries for drones and their technologies

Brigadier General Alireza Rodbari revealed that "Iran is among the top five countries in the field of military aeronautics industry, including the establishment of several military universities in Iran in this field."

Speaking from Shahid Satari Military Aeronautical University, Brigadier General Pilot Alireza Rodbari said: “Due to their ability to move and control them from a distance, unmanned aircraft have many strengths , and their manufacture and supervision are inexpensive, and if they are targeted during an armed conflict, they will not cause loss of human life, On the other hand, because the drone is programmed with daily updated technologies , it touches on many areas ”.

He stressed: "During the recent wars that have taken place in the region, drones have played many roles and have proven that they are an alternative to hunters, so we have to do our best to design and manufacture them." .

He added that "in Iran, and in particular at Shahid Satari University and the College of Drones, they have relied on internal capacities and resources, so that the aviation industries have managed to compete with other countries. , and we benefit from the educational designs of the college so that the designed drone serves as an additional human labor force in the armed forces. "

He indicated that "in this college, the objective of the student soldiers is to pass the courses of design of drones of the Iranian army, with a prepared program and educational courses on the specialty, in addition to the technical and practical skills. offered by the research center in which professors and students participate and lead projects related to the manufacture of parts and equipment for drones. "

General Rodbari underlined that "the objectives of the college depend on the codification of the study programs for the students and the teaching programs in this specialty, the equipment of the specialized laboratories, the workshops and the design of different types of drones. , by students, taking advantage of the fields available at Shahid Satari Military Aeronautics University. To then unveil them in exhibitions ”.

He pointed out that "in the design and manufacture of these drones, one of the fundamental principles of this university is to combine the airspace sciences with the aviation sciences, to be used in the manufacture of the drones. ".

Rodbari, also addressed the issue of electronic warfare, noting that "a college specializing in this field has been established at Imam Hussein University and that it has specialized programs, laboratories and workshops to teach students. and prepare them for this field, and it has many experts and professors, and is working on the preparation of executives, stressing that it will be promoted to become one of the collegiate poles of the region in this field ”.

And he indicated that "in this area we know of the installation of radar simulation design systems in the electronic warfare zone, as well as communication link systems, air imbalance systems, (RWR), the warplane system and the “Zamzam” sensor system, all of this is part of the activities and events of the University of Martyr Stary Aeronautics ”.

Regarding the specializations of this university, Rodbari said that "the creation of this university was aimed at securing human cadres specializing in the fields of aviation and technical operations which would deal with missile systems, aircraft of military systems. 'armament, airports, takeoffs and air defenses, which were prepared and equipped under the commander of all armed forces and the Shura of the Cultural Revolution ”.

US reaction to Iranian Drone Tech:undecided::undecided::

In yet another move against Iran, the US House Foreign Affairs Committee has passed a bill to restrict the proliferation of Irans military drones. This is while negotiations over the removal of anti-Iran sanctions are in progress in the Austrian capital Vienna.

Back
Top Bottom