What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

Amir Nasirzadeh, Commander of Nahaja: The giant UAV "Kaman 22" with a capacity of carrying 300 kg of ammunition will be unveiled by the end of this Iranian mouth .

Last edited:
I think similar to air defense, they need to create a separate independent UAV force to integrate all the scattered efforts and developments that are happening. Such variety in types of UAVs can't be a good thing when it comes to economy of scale and support.

I think similar to air defense, they need to create a separate independent UAV force to integrate all the scattered efforts and developments that are happening. Such variety in types of UAVs can't be a good thing when it comes to economy of scale and support.
that\s not a good Idea . these UAV are supposed to do take the CAS role . if it is done by another branch then it will only make some delays

Amir Nasirzadeh, Commander of Nahaja: The giant UAV "Kaman 22" with a capacity of carrying 300 kg of ammunition will be unveiled by the end of this Iranian mouth .

It does make one wonder what this mysterious "kaman 22" could possibly be as the kaman 12 basically was the end result of the entire airforce drone program,well apart from the re-designated t33 target drone that is.
One possibility is that it could be a renamed shahed 129,just like the navy did with its simorgh,however I dont think that it could carry 300kg worth of weapons unless it was repowered with a larger piston engine or a turboprop.
Perhaps its the long dormant fotros with a new designation and a new much more powerful [turboprop?] engine.

Given Fotros' dimensions, I would expect it to be able to carry considerably more than 300kg of payload. To give you an idea, the Reaper UAV can carry up to 1300kg of external payload:

Given Fotros' dimensions, I would expect it to be able to carry considerably more than 300kg of payload. To give you an idea, the Reaper UAV can carry up to 1300kg of external payload:

What about engines though, how much more weight can Fotros engine carry in addition to its own bulk?

What about engines though, how much more weight can Fotros engine carry in addition to its own bulk?

They did not reveal much about Fotros but even if it can carry 50% the payload of the reaper then that's still more than twice that of Kaman-22's stated 300kg. There is more to consider than payload, such as endurance etc so we have to wait for more details. I would also not discard the possibility that Kaman-22 could be a jet powered UAV, but at this point it's best to just wait until it is revealed.

Probably two rotax or similar engines, not a turboprop.

IRIAF SSJ project, it wont be very spectacular.

The best price for 300 kg load will be two turbocharged piston engines.
I think this is all about the best price for 300 kg.

میشه معادل ا ک س. و ن گ. ر کشور همسایه
با قیمت خیلی بهتر و موتور ضعیفتر
اونها موتور توربوفن ندارند و مجبورند دو تا موتور استفاده کنن
پیستونی یا توربوپراپ اوکراینی

اونها حساب کردند با دو تا موتور پیستونی بتونن یک و نیم تن بمب حمل کنن. به نظر من مثل
ا ن ک ا دارن قدرت موتورشون رو زیادی تصور میکنن
یک ونیم تن خیلی پرته

Last edited:
It does make one wonder what this mysterious "kaman 22" could possibly be as the kaman 12 basically was the end result of the entire airforce drone program,well apart from the re-designated t33 target drone that is.
One possibility is that it could be a renamed shahed 129,just like the navy did with its simorgh,however I dont think that it could carry 300kg worth of weapons unless it was repowered with a larger piston engine or a turboprop.
Perhaps its the long dormant fotros with a new designation and a new much more powerful [turboprop?] engine.
It can be a Fotross equipped with a suitable engine

It can be a Fotross equipped with a suitable engine

Shahed 129 carries 4 Sadid in actual live missions that we have seen. This is 120-150 kg.

What is the value of Fotros if it carries only 300 kg?
Like 8-10 sadid. 4-5 on each side.

Shahed 129 carries 4 Sadid in actual live missions that we have seen. This is 120-150 kg.

What is the value of Fotros if it carries only 300 kg?
Like 8-10 sadid. 4-5 on each side.
it can fly higher and it have higher endurance. another thing is that it can carry more robust sensors

Back
Top Bottom