What's new

Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

IRGC announces birth of new AI-driven power

TEHRAN, Jan. 15 (MNA) – A high-ranking IRGC commander says the combination of different capabilities with artificial intelligence has led to the creation of new military power for Iran.
Speaking on the sideline of Payambar-e Azam 15 (The Great Prophet 15) military drill, that kicked off Friday in central Iranian deserts, IRGC Aerospace Force Commander Brigadier General Amirali Hajizadeh pointed to the achievements of the force in the drill.

The first stage of the drill was a simulator for attacking the enemy’s strengths and defensive lines, he said, adding that this stage was carried out using a combination of drones and missiles.
First, drone units attacked the defensive systems of the hypothetical enemy, and then, ballistic missiles destroyed the main assets and sections of the enemy’s base, the Brigadier General said.
The tactic used in this war game is the result of experiences earned from operations and drills carried out in previous years, he said.

Missiles used in this stage of the drill are a new generation of ballistic missiles equipped with detachable warheads and low RCS, he noted, adding that the time span for preparing these missiles has been decreased by 90%. “These missiles are operational and can be launched in less than five minutes after being established.”

Attacking the enemy from all directions and altitudes, hampering defense of the enemy, infiltrating into the air defense of the enemy using detachable warheads, and using equipment designed and produced by domestic experts are among features of this drill, he said, adding, “By a combination of these new capabilities with drone operation and using the artificial intelligence, a new power was born in IRGC.”

ErxP-4PXMAIw-YF

ErxP-4PWMAAEeGK

I felt like I have seen it before. Found it:

Iranian_drones_4.jpg

screen-shot-2020-07-29-at-6.23.00-pm.png

From Prophet 14 exercise.

Also note in the second picture that:
Parachute is located on top in the yellow tag. I think parachute connects to the black buckle in the center.
Number 012!!

Now here in this old tweet:

Last edited:
I found a very interesting video showing what is quite probably the very earliest flight testing of the kaman 12 when it was still fitted with its original twin rotor power plant.
I was quite surprised to see this as I had assumed that it only ever flew with the rotax engine.
Kaman-12_V1+V2.jpg

Heres a good comparison between the very early Kaman 12,still fitted with its mohajem 92 small 4 cylinder piston engine,and the finished rotax engine equipped version.The size difference between the engines is obvious.

Iran to unveil new drone achievements in near future, cmdr says

Tehran, Jan 16, IRNA – Iranian Army has plans to unveil new drone achievements in the near future, Air Force Commander Brigadier-General Aziz Nasirzadeh said on Saturday,

Karrar has be proven itself to be a good workhorse. Once the Sejill UAV (designed for the navy) is ready, I wonder if its production line will expand to other sectors and ends up greatly replacing karrar's production line. Sejill is much faster and appear to be a low RCS design.

1611001237535.png

Karrar has be proven itself to be a good workhorse. Once the Sejill UAV (designed for the navy) is ready, I wonder if its production line will expand to other sectors and ends up greatly replacing karrar's production line. Sejill is much faster and appear to be a low RCS design.

View attachment 708117

The development of portable Quantum com's and quantum computing will revolutionize the way wars are fought and the most powerful countries in the world will be ones with the largest number of robots and remotely operated equipment. And Iran needs to do a better job at getting ready for that eventuality and although Iran is making great strides at developing quantum com's they still need to do a much better job at putting down the infrastructure needed for mass production of Robots, UAV's, UGV..... in far greater numbers and cut down cost through the use of more advanced tools and automation

Iran and Turkey have become drone powers

In Iran, for example, the distance and deniability afforded by the drone has made it a valued tool in Iran’s arsenal. The Iranian drone program has innovated with sophisticated indigenously produced drones, which it supplies to regional allies. Soleimani himself allegedly orchestrated Iran’s supply of drones, adopting a strategy designed to ensure other governments and groups in the region used the same, or similar, drones. This tactic would then make it almost impossible to tell who conducted a lethal drone strike, and thus who should be held responsible and accountable.

Houthi rebels in Yemen provide an example of this “drone deniability” strategy. In 2019 and 2020, the Houthis used Iranian-supplied drones to conduct lethal drone assassinations, disrupt lucrative oil processing and strike deep into the cities of their joint enemy — Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.

After the September 2019 drone attacks on Saudi Arabia’s Aramco oil facilities, which shut off 6 percent of the world’s oil production, it was especially difficult for the international community to pin down the perpetrators. The Houthis initially claimed the attack and had the Iranian-supplied technology to achieve the strike. Yet conflicting evidence suggested that Iran was directly responsible. This plausible deniability, and the convenient confusion that ensued, hindered the international community’s attempts to hold the culprit to account.

View attachment 707287
Heres a good comparison between the very early Kaman 12,still fitted with its mohajem 92 small 4 cylinder piston engine,and the finished rotax engine equipped version.The size difference between the engines is obvious.
Heres a pic of the kaman 12 intermediate twin rotary engine from an exhibition back in 2016
147176236085306400.jpg

Back
Top Bottom