What's new

Iranian Special Force veteran chases of armed robbers with a piece of wood after raid

Surenas

Reaction score
When baseball bat-wielding robbers burst into his convenience store, shopkeeper Darius Adineh told them: 'If you want the money you'll have to come and get it.'

The Special Forces veteran and Kung Fu black belt decided he wasn't going to give up his takings - and chased the yobs out.

Darius, 44, moved to Britain in 1994 and has run the Premier Convenience Store in Little Hulton, Salford, Greater Manchester, for the last three years.

He had previously served in the Special Forces of the Iranian Army during the Iran-Iraq war in the 1980s.

During his three years' service he received extensive military training and also became a black belt in Kung Fu, for which he still trains up to four times a week.

And he put his fighting skills to good use to confront the thugs who stormed into his shop on Thursday night.

Darius was working alone in the store when the two masked raiders burst in. They approached the counter and after also producing a hammer, demanded he hand them cash from the till.

But he refused and picked up a piece of wood before chasing them out of the store and along Manchester Road East.

A customer dialled 999 and police raced to the scene but the offenders were able to escape on foot.
Darius said: 'I saw lots of gruesome things during the war. I know how to defend myself and it's like second nature. I wasn't scared. They weren't expecting someone like me to be there. When they saw my reaction they were just shocked.'

He added: 'Me and my wife work 16 hours a day. I wasn't going to give up my hard-earned takings to some idiots. I don't feel brave, I was just protecting what's mine.'

Special Forces veteran and black belt shopkeeper chases off robbers in Salford | Mail Online

2u5t6js.jpg

25it1n7.jpg

lol trying to rob or mug a Turk/Persian/Arab is never a good idea. We're not the most logical people so if you come after us, you better commit or we'll beat your *** senseless, doesn't matter what sort of weapon you're holding.

Somehow this video reminded me "Ahmet Abi" who tried to protect his neighbour's shop from thugs but he inflicted $10.000 damage on the shop :D

All that throwing yet he keeps his cigarette in his mouth smoking as if nothings wrong :partay:

All that throwing yet he keeps his cigarette in his mouth smoking as if nothings wrong :partay:

Mate, funny thing is. Those guys came to shop and said "We have a vodka but we want to drink beer. Take this vodka and give us beer." Shopkeeper said he can't , they insisted but never used a foul words, swearing etc... they were just drunk.

Later Ahmet abi comes, looks at the situation and decides to take action. First he grabs the guys' vodka than he tells them to GFO.... and all hell breaks lose. :D

Mate, funny thing is. Those guys came to shop and said "We have a vodka but we want to drink beer. Take this vodka and give us beer." Shopkeeper said he can't , they insisted but never used a foul words, swearing etc... they were just drunk.

Later Ahmet abi comes, looks at the situation and decides to take action. First he grabs the guys' vodka than he tells them to GFO.... and all hell breaks lose. :D
lol I love how in Turkey they sell alcohol in grocery stores. I remember in university me and my Turkish friend were going to a small get together at one of our class mate's, but we couldn't find a liquor store anywhere. We had to call another friend to come and pick us up so we could drive 20 minutes out of our way. It's such a pain in the ***.

USA is like Turkey with their alcohol laws, but some provinces in Canada are quite anal with their liquor licenses.

He is 44 year old now, he couldn't have possibly been in Iran's Special Forces when he was about 16!!

lol I love how in Turkey they sell alcohol in grocery stores. I remember in university me and my Turkish friend were going to a small get together at one of our class mate's, but we couldn't find a liquor store anywhere. We had to call another friend to come and pick us up so we could drive 20 minutes out of our way. It's such a pain in the ***.

USA is like Turkey with their alcohol laws, but some provinces in Canada are quite anal with their liquor licenses.

Erdogan restricted sales of alcohol between 22:00 and 7:00....:taz:

But you can drink in pubs, restaurants, etc.... :smitten:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom