What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

What makes carriers and supercarriers so valuable is they are VERY hard to sink. Even when carriers reach the end of their life and are gutted to make them into coral reef for marine life it has to be a controlled demolition to sink it reliabily.

Now don’t confuse unsinkable with inoperable. A carrier can be made inoperable with a concerted effort or a lucky strike at a sensitive point….although it still probably won’t sink.

My point here is if you take a civilian tanker and convert it to launch drones, but do not physically improve the superstructure to guard against sinking then this will sink just as easily as a normal tanker.

Which means this will need a fleet of ships to protect it (Solemani class) alongside some considerable self defenses of its own.

While a traditional carrier can likely take a few hits from a normal CM, this will not be able to take a single one without severe damage.

Hi guys,

I was looking at Bandarabas naval base. Can anybody help identify these ships ? Looks new developments:

Ir-Capture_.JPG

ir-2Capture.JPG

ir-3Capture.JPG

Hi guys,

I was looking at Bandarabas naval base. Can anybody help identify these ships ? Looks new developments:

View attachment 909404

View attachment 909405

View attachment 909406
1) Talayeh is a modified Moudj-class frigate designed and built for electronic warfare
2) a Kilo-class submarine under maintenance under the protective structure
unnumbered) Komarak: superstructures rebuilt and modified after being mistakenly hit by an anti-ship missile
4) L110-1 Shahid Roudaki

1) Talayeh is a modified Moudj-class frigate designed and built for electronic warfare
2) a Kilo-class submarine under maintenance under the protective structure
unnumbered) Komarak: superstructures rebuilt and modified after being mistakenly hit by an anti-ship missile
4) L110-1 Shahid Roudaki
Thanks.

L110-1 Shahid Roudaki looks like a heli / drone carrier. Although I can see cruise missiles launchers on it too.

What makes carriers and supercarriers so valuable is they are VERY hard to sink. Even when carriers reach the end of their life and are gutted to make them into coral reef for marine life it has to be a controlled demolition to sink it reliabily.

Now don’t confuse unsinkable with inoperable. A carrier can be made inoperable with a concerted effort or a lucky strike at a sensitive point….although it still probably won’t sink.

My point here is if you take a civilian tanker and convert it to launch drones, but do not physically improve the superstructure to guard against sinking then this will sink just as easily as a normal tanker.

Which means this will need a fleet of ships to protect it (Solemani class) alongside some considerable self defenses of its own.

While a traditional carrier can likely take a few hits from a normal CM, this will not be able to take a single one without severe damage.

That’s true. However, the costs multiply too. So expendable drones on expendable carriers? Is that what we’re seeing?

In this picture I can see three enclosed cylinders... if you see them carefully, you can guess two of them are same diameter, and the leftist of all three seems to be a bit wider. Those could be cofferdam hulls for x2 Fateh and the other for x1 Besat class SSK.
Hope so, because with new anti ship submarine launched Nasr missile, the mines and heavyweight torpedo, Fateh are a truly multirole SSK, capable of COMINT with his mast.

can be Nasir or kowsar or Nasr-1
but there is a small problem there , the cannister on that ship is 7 segment Nasir cannister is 5 segment and kowsar cannister i saw are 6 segment
the ship is from Hendijan class of boats , I cant read its identification number well , but I guess the number is 1403 or 1408 that 1403 is Konarak so its probably 1408 which is Ganaveh .

if its Ganaveh-1408 it fire Nasr Missille (which have a 7 segment cannister)
(from the same class Kalat-1407 and Sirik-1402 are modified to fire Noor missile)

Last edited:
request:
does it use Nasir anti-ship missiles?
Near Chabahar port, there is a naval base (seems to be new, or at least renewed), there are stationed a Hendijan class patrol boat with x2 Nasr missiles. You can check Google maps.

For ZEE patrol that missile give a good firepower.

That’s true. However, the costs multiply too. So expendable drones on expendable carriers? Is that what we’re seeing?

Time will tell. Current rationale could be that it’s cheaper to lose a $10M converted tanker then build a $200M one that will still get sunk due to lack of surface vessels to protect it.

US has simply way too many airplanes and warships that can overwhelm an Iranian battle group by brute force alone.

To me these seem more like cheap but still strong power projection pieces to be used in peace time and proxy wars/dark wars.

I hate that they put Helipads on this;

Fl5BQRlWYAQHeUL

Why not give it more firepower capacity instead?
Helicopter armed with a Torpedo is considered a weapon of the ship...can fly at submerged target ...drop the Torpedo and head back yo the ship..

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom