US navy just published this

1617053488866.png

1617053152271.png

Last edited:

View attachment 729492

View attachment 729491

Type 22 on steroids lol.

Joking aside, this is a very welcome development!

View attachment 729492

View attachment 729491

If it is shahid soleimani then where is the officially announced air defense missiles located? The notion of a helipad seems strange. Of course I can be wrong, but I think and hope that the flat platform is reserved for VLCs.

If it is shahid soleimani then where is the officially announced air defense missiles located? The notion of a helipad seems strange. Of course I can be wrong, but I think and hope that the flat platform is reserved for VLCs.

Or having no hangar and therefore the helicopter is not fixed on board, but used occasionally, the flight deck, on the sides above the two hulls, could theoretically also hide some VLS

c1041020a8f8ec64668fb95de159b1f7o.jpg

Or having no hangar and therefore the helicopter is not fixed on board, but used occasionally, the flight deck, on the sides above the two hulls, could theoretically also hide some VLS

c1041020a8f8ec64668fb95de159b1f7o.jpg
Mm I like the sound of that. Multipurpose deck!

Doubt you can have a VLS with large missiles on a catamaran size of Shahid Solemani.

If it wasn’t able to be done on Mowj vessels due to stability concerns, I can’t see how it can be done on a catamaran.

Doubt you can have a VLS with large missiles on a catamaran size of Shahid Solemani.

If it wasn’t able to be done on Mowj vessels due to stability concerns, I can’t see how it can be done on a catamaran.

Still assuming VLS.
A system of dimensions similar to the South African of DENEL Umkhonto, would have no problems of dimensions.
Then it should be considered whether it is really necessary for this 65-meter catamaran to have VLS, or more simply for example a multiple system equipped with MANPDAS

Back
Top Bottom