What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

Iran navy doesn’t have any vessel with 231 meter length size.

by comparison French aircraft carrier is 261 meter
if its refurbished vessel then its a oil tanker thats closest vessel we have for that

Now I am very interested to know what this may be. I take it that it is a future project and not started being made yet?

Doubtful. Converting an oil tanker into a carrier is terrible idea in my opinion. Different designs entirely.

Ok how big is IRGC Navy carrier? 231? So there is two carrier one navy and one IRGC?

yes, two carriers the first one is the 231 which said that it will be unveiled in march 2021 is for Army navy

the second carrier is for IRGC which we do not have any details about so it remains to be seen what it will look like.

Now I am very interested to know what this may be. I take it that it is a future project and not started being made yet?
well the commander of IRGC Navy said they will join its navy in near future so i would say year or two and remember we didn't see Army's 231 m carrier being built either so they maybe building it in secret in one of those IRGC crazy underground bases

IRGC can easily build an underground base like this

1600991204728.png

Last edited:
well the commander of IRGC Navy said they will join its navy in near future so i would say year or two and remember we didn't see Army's 231 m carrier being built either so they maybe building it in secret in one of those IRGC crazy underground bases

IRGC can easily build an underground base like this

View attachment 673016

I thought you said December and end of year

“joining of Dena, Saba, Zereh and 231 meters support / helicopter carrier ship to Navy in December

The joining of the helicopter carrier and UAV carrier to IRGC Navy by the end of the year”

well IRGC Navy said they will join its navy in near future so i would say year or two and remember we didn't see Army's 231 m carrier being built either so they maybe building it in secret in one of those IRGC crazy underground bases

If they manage to build something that large I would assume it is something like an enlarged Shahin Nazeri catamaran (I know that's an IRGC ship)? Either way, if they have managed to design and build something that large without any hints of it being shown via satellite etc, I will be happy. It will serve nicely as a learning experience before we can build a classical helicopter carrier. The way navy is going with their ambitions, I think it's a matter of time before we hear about such carrier projects.

As for IRGC, we know they said few years ago they will build a 3000 ton Sabah, I assume this is the vessel they're talking about.

I thought you said December and end of year

“joining of Dena, Saba, Zereh and 231 meters support / helicopter carrier ship to Navy in December

The joining of the helicopter carrier and UAV carrier to IRGC Navy by the end of the year”
that is right army will unveil in December but IRGC will unveil its carrier in march , they didn't say when they will unveil there 65 meters frigate

If they manage to build something that large I would assume it is something like an enlarged Shahin Nazeri catamaran (I know that's an IRGC ship)? Either way, if they have managed to design and build something that large without any hints of it being shown via satellite etc, I will be happy. It will serve nicely as a learning experience before we can build a classical helicopter carrier. The way navy is going with their ambitions, I think it's a matter of time before we hear about such carrier projects.

As for IRGC, we know they said few years ago they will build a 3000 ton Sabah, I assume this is the vessel they're talking about.
agreed it will be a huge news for army

we didn't know if its in the class of Shahin Nazeri catamaran.

we have to wait for more details from IRGC for sure.

Navy said Iran underwater missiles now have twice the range ( ~100 Km ??? ) and the new Fateh submarine will have AIP so it can remain underwater for longer period of time.

231 meters, such a large ship is difficult to hide while under construction, I am of the opinion that it could be a project built in Iran initially for the merchant navy then adapted for military missions, or having used a second-hand merchant ship and then overhauled and adapted to military needs.
The Chinese also tested the use of adapted merchant ships this month
6opcG5M.jpg

wTXP7oP.jpg

Some time ago, I had made, just out of personal curiosity, a photoshop of what a merchant ship of the size that could be available to Iran could look like
Mhj2J3h.jpg

but if the dimensions (231 meters ) of the new ship are correct, this new one will be much larger

Last edited:
[/QUOTE]
231 meters, such a large ship is difficult to hide while under construction, I am of the opinion that it could be a project built in Iran initially for the merchant navy then adapted for military missions, or having used a second-hand merchant ship and then overhauled and adapted to military needs.
The Chinese also tested the use of adapted merchant ships this month
6opcG5M.jpg

wTXP7oP.jpg

Some time ago, I had made, just out of personal curiosity, a photoshop of what a merchant ship of the size that could be available to Iran could look like
Mhj2J3h.jpg

but if the dimensions (231 meters ) of the new ship are correct, this new one will be much larger
I was thinking the same. either they bought an AC or they turned a merchant ship to it. however I don't discard the possibility of a pure Iranian and military design but it's unlikely.

just to give an example, this ship is indicated in the port of Bandar Abbas since July 2019, true that it is indicated with a length greater than 231 meters. however, as shown in the photo, the dimensions are considerable
Type of ship - Generic: Cargo
Name: SARVIN
IMO: 9209348
Type of ship - Details: container ship
Flag: Iran [IR]
Gross Tonnage: 36014
DWT summer brand: 41971 t
Length Overall x Breadth Extreme: 240.2 x 32.2 m
Year of construction: 2000
https://www.marinetraffic.com/it/ai...0758/mmsi:422031800/imo:9209348/vessel:SARVIN
yxurxW6.jpg

a question :
does the translation from Farsi indicate a length of 231, but in meters or feet ?
this is important to really understand what kind of ship will be presented

just to give an example, this ship is indicated in the port of Bandar Abbas since July 2019, true that it is indicated with a length greater than 231 meters. however, as shown in the photo, the dimensions are considerable
https://www.marinetraffic.com/it/ai...0758/mmsi:422031800/imo:9209348/vessel:SARVIN
yxurxW6.jpg

a question :
does the translation from Farsi indicate a length of 231, but in meters or feet ?
too slow for any practical use in military, for comparison Kharg have twice the speed

yxurxW6.jpg

a question :
24 meters larger then 207 meters Kharg

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom