What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

This is not a counter argument.

What radar? And where did I say I want to remove it? We can create a dedicated boat carrying the AESA radar of the Sevome Khordad TELAR. That boat can be without a missile if needed.

Furthermore, Sevome Khordad is just one example, what we are discussing here is the use of a surface to air missile generally speaking. If you're finding it hard to imagine a sea borne Sevome Khordad, then you can just generalise the discussion.

I think installing the Third of Khordad onto ships is obviously within the minds of Iranian defense officials given that we've seen the system tested out at sea, so it's only logical that we will get some of the more advanced Iranian made ADs being put into service on surface vessels sometime in the future.

The only questions needed to be asked is how would they go about doing it? I'de imagine that the ship needed to house such a system would have to bigger than the smaller speed boats but not necessarily as large as the Damavand or Sahand type vessels if they plan on making the boat just a small support ADs vessel.

Budget/cost, time-to-build and efficacy really come to mind here. What we can say is that Iran has the capability of pulling it off, we only have to wait and see how they implement it.

@BlueInGreen2

Yes, it is certainly doable for IRGC-N. However like you said, for this to be implemented the demand has to justify it. In terms of how they would do it, they can house a single SAM on each boat. Guidance can be passive, active, semi active. Like I mentioned previously, these SAMs are dual use. Meaning they can also be used for anti ship purposes. I feel the next generation Iranian SAMs will be very light and use the sort of technology used in the RAAD-500. The technology for these layout is already here, whether IRGC feels the need for it is not something we will be privy to. My personal feeling is that we will start to see such a thing in limited number at some point in the near future. But we'll see.

that missile is not brimstone it's AGM-169 which was suppose to replace TOW and mavericks and it's range is less than 40 km. seems like our american friend is confused about these two similar missiles.

It is the Brimstone. One pic shows the actual version while the other is a mockup test on the F-18.o_O Looks like you are confused.

Ships with anti ship or anti air missiles mounted on board can obviously stay much farther away. Smaller speedboats with anti aircraft guns mounted on board or rocket launchers have to get close, surround a larger ship. Their tactic is to unexpectedly start shooting at a larger ships vital points all at once, unload, damage while moving and then speed off.

Can a speedboat outrun something like a Brimstone missile, obviously not, just compare the max speed of the boat to the initial-max speed of the missile. A speedboat won't have much of a chance if jets are in the area. If a speedboat is being tracked by a jet it's only chance is for it's countries air defenses to engage the jet first. Ships in the area with SAMs mounted on board are another variable that could perhaps help the speedboats survive.

Ships in the area, especially on speedboats with SAMs and not much space for radar will be vulnerable to attack when the radars on shore or nearby are destroyed. You know they will be targeted first.

It is the Brimstone. One pic shows the actual version while the other is a mockup test on the F-18.o_O Looks like you are confused.
well i didn't know you use brimstone...which it seems like you considered it but at the end decided to don't use it.

INS Jalashwa in Bandar Abbas, nice to see co operation in such tough times.
W9Ne1Tt.jpg

ihxKu7F.jpg

I-400-Illustration.jpg
882c05e3c1695d825069257dcaa74f0c.jpg
origin.jpg
dayintech_sub.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I-400-class_submarine

Japanese carrier submarine. it's a crazy idea and nowadays with long range cruise missiles it's obsolete. but think for a minute, it was able to carry 3 dive bombers. instead of that cargo weight, it could carry 12 shahed-285.
lol imagine doing an operation against american assets in Diego Garcia using such subs. with two haul of fateh class integrated together i guess we can build similar one. carry 20 helicopters, 8 torpedos and hell load of ya ali cruise missiles would make it a real headache for enemy.

Back
Top Bottom