IMG_20171123_012932.jpg
IMG_20171122_032153.jpg
IMG_20171122_032145.jpg
IMG_20171122_032137.jpg
IMG_20171122_032131.jpg
IMG_20171122_032126.jpg
IMG_20171122_032109.jpg
IMG_20171122_032101.jpg

http://www.newsweek.com/new-cold-war-iran-sends-warships-gulf-mexico-720293?amp=1

Important and good read - gives an insight into newly appointed Rear Admiral Khanzadi’s vision

Just a propaganda move. A 3rd rate Navy is going to send warships to the Gulf Of Mexico?

Typical irani oghdayi bazi.

Instead he should focus on improving the Navy by building more navy warships and figuring out what is wrong with the Fateh that after all this time still is in sea trials phase. Also Increasing R&d for needed technologies to improve both current and future warships.

Iran first needs to build a MODERN blue seas navy before acting like it has one.

Iran first needs to build a MODERN blue seas navy before acting like it has one.

Step by step... We have to grow out our naval power organically, not overextend. You could say we already have a powerful navy at home in the Persian Gulf. To expand the A2/AD, we would then need a powerful navy in the Gulf of Oman, then after that, the Arabian Sea, and then after that, the Indian Ocean (and then, the world! Lol).

To really achieve this we cannot rely on frigates/corvettes for much longer, especially not lightly armed ones like the Mowj class. The Loghman project needs to come to fruition, preferably accompanied by modern corvettes/frigates. All with VLS. And an AIP sub with the endurance & firepower of a Kilo class.

There is still a long way to go.

Just a propaganda move. A 3rd rate Navy is going to send warships to the Gulf Of Mexico?

Typical irani oghdayi bazi.

Instead he should focus on improving the Navy by building more navy warships and figuring out what is wrong with the Fateh that after all this time still is in sea trials phase. Also Increasing R&d for needed technologies to improve both current and future warships.

No actually this has research value. Iran needs to identify requirements of a blue navy and develop skills. In addition Iran needs to establish a base for logistical support of its future navy, hence its needs to develop relationships with central and southern Americas

upload_2017-11-23_12-36-19.png

That's the 4th Mowj Hull completed waiting on other parts & the 6th Mowj Class built by Iran overall I think the plan was to build 7 overall & move on to a larger hall design!

I don't understand why they didn't finish the deck on the 1st one built at that facility but decided to finish the deck on the 2nd hall!

I just hope they don't plan on letting the hull site there for year like they do with the Sina Class FAC

Iran builds military warships way too slow.

The Jamaran from the mowj series reached active service in 2010? 7-8 years later and they have added only 1 more mowj variant to active service?

That is an embarrassment.

It's not an embarrassment, mostly bad management when it came to Naval project during Sayyari's command in the past decade & at his core Sayyari was a Commando in the Navy's special forces and an Iranian Hero but clearly lacking when it came to having the management skill set to manage naval project!

Sayyari unfortunately couldn't even keep up with the Naval and R&D projects his predecessor had going and all of the early project completed during his early years were actually managed, planed and had started under his predecessor and he couldn't even keep up with those let alone start new ones under his own command! And most Iranian project in the Persian Gulf have hit delay after delay! Today he has been replaced with Hossaid Khanzadi

And you can go to google earth and look at development at various locations in the south and compare the last 10 years 2007-2017 to the 10 years prior to Sayyari taking command 1997-2007
Again Sayyari at his core was a special forces commando & it doesn't matter how good of an officer he was, in my opinion he just lacked the skill set to manage the Navy and that's no easy task I sure as hell wouldn't be able to do it even Einstein wouldn't be able to do it because it wasn't in his skillset!

Look
Caspian Sea Bandar Anzali Iranian Navy main base & shipbuilding in 2004
upload_2017-11-23_13-58-6.png

Same location in 2011 with Damavand nearing completion
upload_2017-11-23_14-0-18.png

http://www.newsweek.com/new-cold-war-iran-sends-warships-gulf-mexico-720293?amp=1

Important and good read - gives an insight into newly appointed Rear Admiral Khanzadi’s vision

Khanzadi also announced plans to revitalize the Iranian Navy’s hardware with upgraded vessels and helicopters, as well as a new ship and submarine fleet which will be unveiled within the next year. Khanzadi added that a new Peykan-class - Separ (shield) missile-launching corvette would join the country’s Caspian Fleet next week,

Well nuclear propulsion is nice and nobody can argue with that but it has a limit and that is the size of submarine. A nuclear submarine if wanted to still be silentneeds to be big .
AndIts right that having big subs are a must for a blue water navy . but won't forget immediate threat against us is not by countries in a galaxy far far away . we also need a brown water navy to defend ourselves and for that we need subs that are smaller than an optimal nuclear sub . and again for them diesel engines are just good enough for them we need to invest on other systems like what Germany used in type 212 or Italy used in torado.

CIWS of the Iranian Navy. Still believed to be in testing stages:

View attachment 439322
this is identical to the Russian AK-630 30mm,
therefore I ask:
is made on a Russian license
is one of the original AK-630s installed on the 2 Coast Guard Patrol Ship Project 02065 - NATO: Bogomol Class, supplied by Russians to Iraq and that during the 2nd Gulf War could have escaped in Iranian ports, as did many planes military
or a clone made by copying one of these

this is identical to the Russian AK-630 30mm,
therefore I ask:
is made on a Russian license
is one of the original AK-630s installed on the 2 Coast Guard Patrol Ship Project 02065 - NATO: Bogomol Class, supplied by Russians to Iraq and that during the 2nd Gulf War could have escaped in Iranian ports, as did many planes military
or a clone made by copying one of these

Possibly option 1, because there are no records, official or informally about the defection of Iraqis via the Bogomol class.

Also, I don’t think all Bogomol classes were equipped with the AK-630. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Possibly option 1, because there are no records, official or informally about the defection of Iraqis via the Bogomol class.

Also, I don’t think all Bogomol classes were equipped with the AK-630. Correct me if I’m wrong.
from russian ships
Screenshot_2017-11-27-00-04-47.png

Screenshot_2017-11-27-00-05-06.png

even here indicate 1991 !!

Back
Top Bottom