What's new

Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

I think he means construction will begin by next year.

I can’t see Iran finishing a 6000 ton destroyer in 12 months. No way.

An interesting article on irans subs and the potential threat that they pose.
ENW6lcVWwAAa9NV.jpg:large

ENW6jndWkAACIvy.jpg:large

[lovely pic of the old slava class also,one of my favorites]

After US is pushed out all countries around persian gulf, then the persian gulf countries must implement a "no ship zone" for US military ships in the persian gulf. Heavy destroyers will be good for that task.

The one that split in half?

I thought that was further along than this.

Perhaps from that, they have recovered some systems, but this hull is newly built, the dimensions are similar, but the superstructures are very different.
But however on this topic you can find many answers on these pages

Perhaps from that, they have recovered some systems, but this hull is newly built, the dimensions are similar, but the superstructures are very different.
But however on this topic you can find many answers on these pages
When will it be comissionned?

Why is Iran's speed in making these 1400 ton frigate so slow? I know that they have reduced time taken drastically from what it used it, and I also they make changes in each model but still why does it take at least a year to make such a small ship?

Why is Iran's speed in making these 1400 ton frigate so slow? I know that they have reduced time taken drastically from what it used it, and I also they make changes in each model but still why does it take at least a year to make such a small ship?
Good question! There is a clip with Hossein Khanzadi who mentions that Iran military shipyard is no longer (as in from just recently) “sonnati” (manual labor/translation?).

however I have always wondered how much automaton they are implementing in their shipyards. In developed countries the biggest parts of the cutting and welding of the ships structure is semi to fully automated. And really it is not that hard. It’s more of less like auto manufacturing but the scales is much bigger and much of the automation is implemented with automated gantry cranes.

maybe someone has relevant info regarding the state of Iranian shipyards...

Back
Top Bottom