What's new

Iranian Hall of Fame

Colonel Pessian
images

Colonel Mohammad Taqi-Khan Pessian, born into an aristocratic Azerbaijani family in Tabriz with roots in the Caucasus, he was a popular military leader of Iran and became a national hero after his assassination. He is also famously known as being the first Iranian to successfully pilot an aircraft.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Son of Yavar Mohammad Khan Pessian (Enayat-os-Sultan), Colonel Mohammad Taqi Pessian was born in Tabriz, 1892. He passed his elementary education in Tabriz, and then entered the military school of Tehran. In his twenties he became second lieutenant. He was promoted gradually to become a captain. He followed his military education in Gendarmerie officers' school.in November 1915 as commander of Gendarmerie in Hamedan he launched an attack on the pro-Russian Persian Cossack Brigade at the Battle of Musalla. His gendarmes managed to disarm the Persian Cossacks and Mohammad Taqi managed to win some of the cossacks to join his forces in a patriotic speech he made to them after their defeat after that He became commander in chief of Hamedan battalion and He went to Germany to attend a course of aviation. He returned to Iran and was sent to Khorassan as the head of Gendarmerie. Following Seyyed Zia's coup and the formation of the new government, he was on mission to arrest Ahmad Qavam. He confiscated his properties and sent him to Tehran under guard himself became the acting governor of Khorassan.

Subsequent to the fall of Seyyed Zia, Qavam-os-Saltaneh was released and received his order of premiership issued by Ahmad Shah. Colonel was removed from his office and was replaced by Najd-os-Saltaneh. The dispute between Qavam and Pessian led the former to send orders to the heads of Khorassan tribes to suppress the colonel. Eventually, colonel lost his life in a fight against Quchan Kords in J'afarabad near to Quchan. The Kords cut his head off his body.

His funeral was held with the appropriate ceremony and the presence of military authorities and local dignitaries in Meshed in 6th Oct. 1921. He was buried near to Nader Shah's tomb in Naderi Garden in Meshed.

Colonel Pessian was a brave man; at the time of death, he was only thirty years old. He was devoted to literature and music. He has let some poens, translations and articles behind.

In one of his letters, Colonel Mohammad Taghi Khan Pessian wrote: Iranians won’t die and won’t be wiped out…it is up to us to free them from the disgrace of submissiveness. Yes, we have to sacrifice.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The song is called "Cry!". The poem is written by Aref Ghazvini, the
poet of the Iranian Constitutional Revolution of 1906--1911. Aref mourns
the death of colonel Mohammad Taghi Pessian. The music is componed by
one the greatest composers of the Iranian Classical Music, Rouhollah
Khaleghi. The song was first sung, on 1922 in Teheran Grand Hotel, by
the great Iranian songer, Gholam-Hossein Banan. The effect of the
concert on the poet, Aref, was so deeply depressing that he refused to
participate in any concert until his own death 1934.

Last edited:
@Ostad
Some general notes:
1) You chose appropriate persons, except for Hesabi. Hesabi has no importance in physics, and he is obviously not the father of modern physics of Iran. He was a good minister of Shah era, but he had zero scientific importance.
2) Chamran and Bazargan?!!! seriously? What has been their contribution?
3) I suggest you to add Sattar Khan, Sheikh Mohammad Khiyabani, Nader Shah, Shah Ismail, Shah Abbas, Abbas Mirza, Ali Daei, Nima Arkani, and Ali Javan.

@Ostad
Some general notes:
1) You chose appropriate persons, except for Hesabi. Hesabi has no importance in physics, and he is obviously not the father of modern physics of Iran. He was a good minister of Shah era, but he had zero scientific importance.
3) I suggest you to add Sattar Khan, Sheikh Mohammad Khiyabani, Nader Shah, Shah Ismail, Shah Abbas, Abbas Mirza, Ali Daei, Nima Arkani, and Ali Javan.

And (4) Armstrong the Magnificent ! :ashamed:

@Ostad
Some general notes:
Hi
1) i choosed Dr.Hesabi, because he was Einstein's student, and:
With the help and guidance of Einstein and his own research in Chicago University, Hesabi was able to develop his theory and explain it to other great scientists such as Niels Bohr and Erwin Schrodinger.

Hesabi was the recipient of "Commandeur De La Legion D'honneure", France's greatest scientific medal. Returning to Princeton, Einstein elected him as a substitute of himself at this university and it was a very big honor that he received.
3)very good suggestions, thanks.

Hi
1) i choosed Dr.Hesabi, because he was Einstein's student, and:
No, he was not.
With the help and guidance of Einstein and his own research in Chicago University, Hesabi was able to develop his theory and explain it to other great scientists such as Niels Bohr and Erwin Schrodinger.
Einstein was in Princeton, not chicago. Anyway, there is no theory named in physics after him. ;)
Returning to Princeton, Einstein elected him as a substitute of himself at this university and it was a very big honor that he received.
o_O
That's a big hilarious lie. Don't even mention it in international forums ;)

No, he was not.

Einstein was in Princeton, not chicago. Anyway, there is no theory named in physics after him. ;)

o_O

"Theory of Infinitely Extended Particles" is the only thing I could find that was done by Hessaby on Physics.

No, he was not.

o_O
my source was wiki, and i know wiki( :girl_wacko:), beside of that i have no idea.
In 1947, he published his classic paper on "Continuous particles". Following this, in 1957 he proposed his model of "Infinitely extended particles".
but considering his bio and efforts, he deserves his title.

"Theory of Infinitely Extended Particles" is the only thing I could find that was done by Hessaby on Physics.
Dude, There is no theory with that name in Physics. ;)

my source was wiki, and i know wiki( :girl_wacko:), beside of that i have no idea.

but considering his bio and efforts, he deserves his title.
No, he does not. Ali Javan, Cumrun Vafa, Nima Arkani, ... are internationally recognized Iranian physicist. Hesabi is overrated. He was a good guy, but, had not done any valuable scientific research.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom