What's new

Iranian gang dupes two senior citizens of jewellery in india

bangbros

Reaction score
BANGALORE: The notorious Iranian gang struck again on Thursday, duping two elderly women posing as policemen. It was their usual modus operandi. Two men, claiming to be police officers, told their victims about a fictitious murder in the area and a murderer on the loose. They convince them to remove their ornaments to avoid being robbed, and walked away with the gold.

The gang has struck after three months. They found their prey in two areas -- near Prasanna theatre on Magadi Road and then at Ejipura, within an hour-and-a-half of the first incident being reported.

In the first case, Rajamma, 62, a resident of Rajajinagar VI Block, was on a morning walk around 7.45am. Opposite Prasanna theatre, a man who identified himself as a cop, called her from behind and said a teacher had been murdered on the next street. He reprimanded her for wearing gold jewellery, then took her to a person standing next to a jeep a few yards away, and introduced him as a police inspector. The second man convinced her to remove her gold ornaments and give it to them. Rajamma removed two gold bangles and a gold chain weighing about 80 grams and gave it to them, which they wrapped in a piece of paper in front of her and kept in her handbag.

However, when she checked it a few minutes later, she found a stone wrapped in the piece of paper. Realizing she was duped, she lodged a complaint with Magadi Road police.

Police suspect the same gang struck again in Ejipura, at 9.30am. Shanthakumari, 76, a resident of 20th Cross, Ejipura, was returning home from a store. In her complaint, she said a man approached her and said there had been a chain-snatching incident in the area. He reprimanded her for wearing gold ornaments.

It was the same story all over again. Posing as a senior officer, a second man got her to remove her gold chain weighing 56 grams and wrapped it in a piece of paper and put it in her carry bag. A few minutes later, Shanthakumari checked and found a stone. She lodged a complaint with Viveknagar police.

Iranian gang dupes two senior citizens of jewellery

How do you know they are Iranians? Anyway, if true, they should be arrested, jailed or deported.

Oh my, now India will attack innocent Iranian visitors and threaten to break off diplomatic ties.

Article sounds like BS. How did they identified them as an Iranian gang?

Title may confuse members. These gangs have there roots in Iran some tribal area.They are nomadic in culture.These people are Indians and living here for hundreds of years.they speak different language and have a nomadic culture. They are found almost every where in India. Very few in Numbers but mostly engaged in criminal activities.

They are Indian citizens having Iranian roots.It will be wrong to call them Iranian.

Title may confuse members. These gangs have there roots in Iran some tribal area.They are nomadic in culture.These people are Indians and living here for hundreds of years.they speak different language and have a nomadic culture. They are found almost every where in India. Very few in Numbers but mostly engaged in criminal activities.

So isn't it wrong to call them "Iranian"?

From Iran migrated 700 years ago.There is a colony called Irani Galli in Bidar,Karnataka where 120 families of them live.

I know people with surname Irani and Parsi in India, but I thought they were quite high educated and rich?

I know people with surname Irani and Parsi in India, but I thought they were quite high educated and rich?

They are not parsis. The people whom we are talking about chose to adhere with their Shia faith. Most of them are poor and lack basic education.

Back
Top Bottom