What's new

Iranian defense spending surpasses $10-billion mark

Ruhani is feeding the Revolutionary Guards. He's simply buying sufferance and time from some influential groups among the RG. After all, the Iranian military is one of the most corrupt forces in our region. Only the Egyptian military is worse.
In this regard, a higher spending on military does not automatically mean that Iran has more money for development and purchasing new weapon systems. Large amounts of this money "disappear"...

The current situation of Iran is actually inacceptable. Someone has to clean up the mess in the society, military and economy. I personally am disappointed. Ruhani hasn't the capabilities to do so. He has proven this so far. He's a nice guy but very incompetent.

Actually it looks like IRGC need the budget. Much of the new Bavar-373 is made by the IRGC and it is due to go into full rate production next year. And the war in Syria will need a final push.

Global Firepower is not a good source. Most places I've seen put Iran's 2015 budget at more like $10 billion.
actually that's the closest number.
2015=1395
Iran overall military budget(1395)=20,675,000,000,000 toman (source)
if we consider each dollar=3500 toman
Iran overall military budget(2015)= 5,907,142,857 dollars

now if you or your other so called credible websites have any source for your numbers then bring it.

They lifted the sanction. You do have more money than before.
Sanctions are still effectively in place. our oil money is blocked.
about 2 weeks ago, our top military commander said that while we are at the 9th month of the year, only 20% of the proposed budget has been paid. so in fact Iran's real military budget is even less that what has been proposed.

actually that's the closest number.
2015=1395
Iran overall military budget(1395)=20,675,000,000,000 toman (source)
if we consider each dollar=3500 toman
Iran overall military budget(2015)= 5,907,142,857 dollars

now if you or your other so called credible websites have any source for your numbers then bring it.

Sanctions are still effectively in place. our oil money is blocked.
about 2 weeks ago, our top military commander said that while we are at the 9th month of the year, only 20% of the proposed budget has been paid. so in fact Iran's real military budget is even less that what has been proposed.

WRONG!
Iran's defense budget is segmented in 4 main categories
1.Artesh
2.IRGC
3.Defense Ministry (Defense Industry PANHA, HESA, IAO,...)
4.Special Project (Syria, Foreign Military Aid, Hezbullah, etc)

That number you have is strictly for Artesh ONLY nothing more!!!!!!!!!!!!! Iran's 2016-2017 budget was $17 Billion USD. Iran's 2015-2016 Budget for Artesh, IRGC & Defense Ministry was $11 Billion NOT including special projects!

WRONG!
Iran's defense budget is segmented in 4 main categories
1.Artesh
2.IRGC
3.Defense Ministry (Defense Industry PANHA, HESA, IAO,...)
4.Special Project (Syria, Foreign Military Aid, Hezbullah, etc)

That number you have is strictly for Artesh ONLY nothing more!!!!!!!!!!!!! Iran's 2016-2017 budget was $17 Billion USD. Iran's 2015-2016 Budget for Artesh, IRGC & Defense Ministry was $11 Billion NOT including special projects!
As always your words are BASELESS:
256791_950.jpg

Basij+Global staff+Army+IRGC+Defense ministry=20,675 billion toman

256791_950.jpg

Here moron!

https://www.tasnimnews.com/fa/news/...-جهان-تقویت-بنیه-دفاعی-از-نان-شب-واجب-تر-جدول

Farsi keh Baladi!!!!!!

$12 Billion USD for 2015

As I said!!!!!!!!!!! You don't know jack! with some fake news source!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly can't say I expected much more out of any ......... that would still support Ahamdi!

Here moron!

https://www.tasnimnews.com/fa/news/1395/01/30/1044601/مقایسه-بودجه-دفاعی-ایران-و-25-کشور-جهان-تقویت-بنیه-دفاعی-از-نان-شب-واجب-تر-جدول

Farsi keh Baladi!!!!!!

$12 Billion USD for 2015

As I said!!!!!!!!!!! You don't know jack! with some fake news source!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly can't say I expected much more out of any ......... that would still support Ahamdi!
actually it's you who doesn't understand Persian.
in that article author mentions a foreign source to prove Iran's military budget is lower than many other countries.
it's no difference than posting that foreign link directly here (which is already posted).

wanna know about our military money?
دولت تنها 20درصد بودجه دفاعی را پرداخت کرده است

should I believe whatever foreign sources spew out or the words of our top rank military official?!

actually it's you who doesn't understand Persian.
in that article author mentions a foreign source to prove Iran's military budget is lower than many other countries.
it's no difference than posting that foreign link directly here (which is already posted).

wanna know about our military money?
دولت تنها 20درصد بودجه دفاعی را پرداخت کرده است

should I believe whatever foreign sources spew out or the words of our top rank military official?!

I'll take Tasmin News over the your nonsense news outlets any day!!!!! especially when it comes to Iran's Military, Tasmin is the top source!
Anyone can build a website and claim whatever they want! Doesn't make it reality!!!

$12 Billion USD for 2015!!!!!!! Even SIPRI doesn't dispute that!!!!!!!

ONLY a DELUSIONAL person would think Iran's Military could even survive off of $6 Billion USD let alone have a defense industry and fund a mini war in Syria!!!

I suggest you go see a doctor!!!!! And it's no wonder, anyone who supports Amma need a job MUST truly be mentally disturbed!!!!!! And now you think Iran's Military budget for 2015 was $6Billion LOL that figure was probably just for the 1st half of the year!!!!!!! Az poshteh kodoom kooh dar omadi?
You think $12 Billion USD is a lot of money??? My God!

FYI foreign news outlets are the ones that tried to show Iran's military budget at $6Billion & starving to prove their sanctions are working in 2015!!!!!!!

Global Fire Power propaganda about Iran http://www.globalfirepower.com/defense-spending-budget.asp
vs
Reality! Real news outlets & real sources!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
https://www.sipri.org/sites/default/files/Milex-constant-USD.pdf
https://www.tasnimnews.com/fa/news/...-جهان-تقویت-بنیه-دفاعی-از-نان-شب-واجب-تر-جدول

As always, another Ahmadi supporter that lives in a bubble!!!!!!!!

Turkey's official defence budget is about 7,5 billion USD. Do you believe this official statement? @mohsen

I appreciate your unagitated and uncapricious way in this discussion. You're a pleasant and relaxed human being. Mohsen/Muhsin is one of my favorite male names, by the way.

Even though I agree with your arguments @VEVAK , I don't like your dogmatic and very aggressive attitude here.

I'll take Tasmin News over the your nonsense news outlets any day!!!!! especially when it comes to Iran's Military, Tasmin is the top source!
Anyone can build a website and claim whatever they want! Doesn't make it reality!!!

$12 Billion USD for 2015!!!!!!! Even SIPRI doesn't dispute that!!!!!!!

ONLY a DELUSIONAL person would think Iran's Military could even survive off of $6 Billion USD let alone have a defense industry and fund a mini war in Syria!!!

I suggest you go see a doctor!!!!! And it's no wonder, anyone who supports Amma need a job MUST truly be mentally disturbed!!!!!! And now you think Iran's Military budget for 2015 was $6Billion LOL that figure was probably just for the 1st half of the year!!!!!!! Az poshteh kodoom kooh dar omadi?
You think $12 Billion USD is a lot of money??? My God!

FYI foreign news outlets are the ones that tried to show Iran's military budget at $6Billion & starving to prove their sanctions are working in 2015!!!!!!!

Global Fire Power propaganda about Iran http://www.globalfirepower.com/defense-spending-budget.asp
vs
Reality! Real news outlets & real sources!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
https://www.sipri.org/sites/default/files/Milex-constant-USD.pdf
https://www.tasnimnews.com/fa/news/1395/01/30/1044601/مقایسه-بودجه-دفاعی-ایران-و-25-کشور-جهان-تقویت-بنیه-دفاعی-از-نان-شب-واجب-تر-جدول

As always, another Ahmadi supporter that lives in a bubble!!!!!!!!
"building the Shahab3 missile in a tent beside the street", this is the reality in the past.
"receiving just 20% of the proposed budget" is the reality in today. (where is the hidden moneys?)
not some B.S on foreign websites.

Saudi Arabia's budget is $50 dollars yet can't even fight against bare foot Yemeni fighters..
our power has nothing to do with dollar value. in military we solely rely on our domestic potentials. assessing our power based on the dollar is a grave mistake for anyone who wants to do it.

so let me tell you this, our military budget is about one/tenth of the U.S! (without counting any hidden moneys) and unlike the U.S, we don't want to dominate the whole world.

Turkey's official defence budget is about 7,5 billion USD. Do you believe this official statement? @mohsen
I believe the numbers from officials. and you know better that your official numbers are much higher.

"building the Shahab3 missile in a tent beside the street", this is the reality in the past.
"receiving just 20% of the proposed budget" is the reality in today. (where is the hidden moneys?)
not some B.S on foreign websites.

Saudi Arabia's budget is $50 dollars yet can't even fight against bare foot Yemeni fighters..
our power has nothing to do with dollar value. in military we solely rely on our domestic potentials. assessing our power based on the dollar is a grave mistake for anyone who wants to do it.

so let me tell you this, our military budget is about one/tenth of the U.S! (without counting any hidden moneys) and unlike the U.S, we don't want to dominate the whole world.

I believe the numbers from officials. and you know better that your official numbers are much higher.

I wanna know how foolish are you????????
If Iran's military & defense industry combined had just 1 Million ppl under it & was to only spend $20 per day for Food, Clothing, Salaries, Benefits, Gear, Equipment, Weapons, Fuel,... COMBINED Just $20 per day!!!!!!!!!! That would be $7.3 Billion USD!

So I ask again! HOW foolish are YOU???

Last edited:
Russians always ask for much money , my one week trip to moscow costed me 900 bucks

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom