What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

Ceases not freezes

Wrong!

The agreement entails Iran curbing its uranium enrichment at 60%, far beyond what was permitted in 2015 but below the 90% needed for a nuclear weapon. The US warned in the talks that it would exact a heavy price from Iran if it enriches to 90%.

Curbing means cease not freeze

wrong again! You are on a roll!

The report — which cited three unnamed senior Israeli officials, a US official and several Iranian officials — said the understandings would see Tehran pledge not to enrich uranium beyond its current level of 60 percent purity, to better cooperate with UN nuclear inspectors, to stop its proxy terror groups from attacking US contractors in Iraq and Syria, to avoid providing Russia with ballistic missiles, and to release three American-Iranians held in the Islamic Republic

wrong again! You are on a roll!
I highly doubt they will officially allow Iran to enrich to 60%, Iran doesn't want to enrich beyond 60% anyway

Previous reports as recently as one week ago from Reuters said "Iran would cease enriching uranium to purity of 60% or above", so we have to wait and see

I highly doubt

This is called an opinion.

Previous reports as recently as one week ago

Yes a lot can change in a week especially when reporting rumors. US until a few days ago denied even to talks happening.

Iran is not going to scale back from 60% back to 20% based on getting $17B for goods. That’s quite frankly a joke.

This is called an opinion.

Yes a lot can change in a week especially when reporting rumors. US until a few days ago denied even to talks happening.

Iran is not going to scale back from 60% back to 20% based on getting $17B for goods. That’s quite frankly a joke.
There are conflicting reports, I don't think it is logical for the USA to green light 60% enrichment and give Iran access to $17 billion as well

Iran has no intentions of enriching above 60% anyway so if that is true it is a great deal for Iran but it seems too good to be true. Time will tell

There are conflicting reports, I don't think it is logical for the USA to green light 60% enrichment and give Iran access to $17 billion as well

They are not green lighting anything. They (Biden administration) are freezing the Iranian program so that during election cycle Iran doesn’t make waves and cost Biden the election against Trump. It is merely political maneuvering at its finest by the Americans.

Nothing more to it.

NOTE: IF TRUE

Iran exchanges:
*freezes enrichment at 60% (highly unlikely they would have gone higher anyway)
*halts attacks on US forces in Syria and Iraq
*No BM sales to Russia
*releases US prisoners

Iran receives:
*frozen funds held in Iraq and South Korea(totaling $17 Billion Dollars)
*assurances no more oil tankers will be seized on open waters
*Iranian prisoners

It seems like a fair trade. I was skeptical of Iran ever giving BMs anyway to Russia. The last thing Iran wants is to be demonized in the press in EU and Western countries for killing Ukraines with its missiles. The domestic populations are irrational and fanatical for their support for Ukraine.

This mini deal kicks the nuclear can down the road till after US election.
This isn't a fair deal, and Iran won't agree to this particular deal, screenshot this.

When you know Iran, you know the type of things Iran will and won't do, especially when it comes to strategic negotiations that have serious ramifications on Iran's national security and interests. I suspect we haven't heard the real negotiations or deal btwn Iran and US yet..it's just not making good sense.

intresting revelation (if true)

Looks like US & NATO realize that Iranian BMs could be a significant threat to major targets inside Ukraine. They are offering billions in frozen $$$ to Iran in exchange for freezing enrichment at 60% and below and stopping some actions with respect to miltias and Russia.

Just recently Iraq paid back 2.7B with the condition that Iran uses it toward food and medicine via US approved sources. A bit embarrassing Iran has to be told what it can spend it’s OWN MONEY on.
Rest assure, that's fake news. Iran will never accept such a lousy deal. Iran could have had all its frozen money back long time ago when the west offered better terms than this imaginary deal.

(Source; Rybar) These losses have been visually confirmed, with their locations shown on the map below. 101 tanks & armoured vehicles have been lost since the start of the Ukrainian counter offensive on the 4th of June, so 12 days. This burn rate is not at all sustainable. Ukraine has been able to liberate approx 4-6 small villages or hamlets all near the front line. They have not yet made it to Russia's first line of defence. Russia has 2 or 3 or 5 primary lines of defence made up of trenches, tunnels, pill boxes, mine fields, tank traps, ATGM ambush squads, sniper fox holes, etc in various parts of the Zaporizhia oblast. Ukraine's goal of course is to make it to the sea of Azov, thereby severing Russia's land bridge between Crimea & the Donbas.

Ukr armored loses Rybar June 15 23.jpg

This map below shows the various Russian trench lines across the front lines (lines of contact)

Ukraine Russia earthworks trenches fortifications Apr 10 23.jpg

This is western Zaporizhia where you can see 2 main defensive lines & then notice how Tokmak, a strategically important town has a circle of trenches all around the town

1st Defensive line June 9 23.jpg

A diagram showing how Russian defensive lines are built They spent months creating these lines in anticipation for Ukraine's counter offensive in the Zaporizhia oblast. Like I said, Ukraine has yet to reach these lines. Does only does Ukraine lack air support or air cover for its troops, but in terms of artillery they are outnumbered 10 to 1 by Russia. Russia also seems to have an advantage with its usage of drones and although Russia does not completely dominate the air, their airforce is still very active. Lately Russian attack helicopters, specifically the Mi-28 & especially the KA-52, have been on a rampage in Zaporizhia. Also just in the last 48 hrs Lancet drones have destroyed 3 Ukrainian radar systems in the field, 2X Bukovel & 1X P18 surveillance radar. Aside from all that, what makes matters worse for Ukraine is that they do not even have a numerical advantage over Russia anymore. Currently both sides have around 40-60,000 troops along the front in Zaporizhia.

defenses carved into the earth trenches.jpg

Last edited:
I highly doubt they will officially allow Iran to enrich to 60%, Iran doesn't want to enrich beyond 60% anyway

Previous reports as recently as one week ago from Reuters said "Iran would cease enriching uranium to purity of 60% or above", so we have to wait and see

If you have anything beyond your doubts please share. The references are the best we currently have.

Note, none of this is real (and may never become known). My biggest items are compensation for ALL damages to infrastructure, economy and people (ie Haj Ghassem, Fakhrizadeh, everyone, etc). Also bug off and nunyobusinees.

And finally how will things be constructed to neutralize activity by future US admins.

And, no, support for strategic allies will not ‘cease’.

If you have anything beyond your doubts please share. The references are the best we currently have.
I literally shared a Reuters article in that same post you quoted to corroborate my doubt

Back
Top Bottom