What's new

Iranian Chill Thread

Dude, you are wrong. being close does not prove anything. In that era, the main power of south caspian was Hyrcania(Gorgan) and they were not part of parthians. They are even the ones who bring the rice from India to this region and started to use it in farms, and cut jungles trees to expand their farms. As I told you before, tabaria, Daylamistan, and Hyrcania was not annexed during that time, until the mid sasanid era.
BTW, none of what you said justifies their greek coins and greek architecture.

This state you're talking about was either under full control of Parthia or was a client state otherwise it's tottaly against what I've read in every article , book . ( Maybe they were independent for a short time or just gave tax to central government ) .

The only region ( In modern Iran ) that Parthians could never have full control was Persia province which finally overthrew Parthian Empire .

If you read about Parthian / Armenian or Parthian / Roman wars you'll get that they were fighting to take Armenia and former Seleucid cities in Syria . How could they attack there when they didn't have control on the heart of their Empire ?!

S00R3NA rmi5 was the movie Prince of Persia showing correct depiction of Persian culture. I have seen many movies and series where they do bizarre mix up of Indian and Arab culture.

This state you're talking about was either under full control of Parthia or was a client state otherwise it's tottaly against what I've read in every article , book . ( Maybe they were independent for a short time or just gave tax to central government ) .

The only region ( In modern Iran ) that Parthians could never have full control was Persia province which finally overthrew Parthian Empire .

If you read about Parthian / Armenian or Parthian / Roman wars you'll get that they were fighting to take Armenia and former Seleucid cities in Syria . How could they attack there when they didn't have control on the heart of their Empire ?!

How arabs could not annex these regions for centuries? Parthians were much weaker than arabs. Your logic does not work at all. BTW, what is your proof? What I said can be easily understood and searched about. since this is exactly the era that rice got introduced in these regions, and it is documented that Hyrcanians were the ones who imported it from India and not Parthians empire.
Anyway, there is no source to prove what you said. Anyway, you did not answer my other question which is the key to answer the confusion:
none of what you said justifies their greek coins and greek architecture.

S00R3NA rmi5 was the movie Prince of Persia showing correct depiction of Persian culture. I have seen many movies and series where they do bizarre mix up of Indian and Arab culture.
I have not seen that movie.

How arabs could not annex these regions for centuries? Parthians were much weaker than arabs. Your logic does not work at all.

Arabs were just tribes in that era and were not comparable to Parthian military power and it's guerrilla war which stopped Romans for 4 whole centuries .

what is your proof? What I said can be easily understood and searched about. since this is exactly the era that rice got introduced in these regions, and it is documented that Hyrcanians were the ones who imported it from India and not Parthians empire.

Search Parthian Empire's map or read some books about them .

To be honest , What I said was more documented . Parthians were thinking about invading Armenia and Western Roman borders and having a hole in their empire close to their first capital doesn't make sense .

Anyway, there is no source to prove what you said.

Check the maps in net or history books in that era to have the proof .

none of what you said justifies their Greek coins and Greek architecture.

what does Greek architecture and coins prove ?

Parthians came in power after decades of Greek dominion mentioning that they had lived under Greek government for decades which certainly influenced them .

I haven't watched it like the rest of movies they made about Iran's history .

To be honest I have 0% faith in them and suggest you to see them as a fictional movie like the ones Hollywood makes about Aliens , zombies , etc .

Parthians came in power after decades of Greek dominion mentioning that they had lived under Greek government for decades which certainly influenced them .

That can be Greek influence, the Empire of Kushans(Yuezhis) of India also had high amount of Greek influence.

Arabs were just tribes in that era and were not comparable to Parthian military power and it's guerrilla war which stopped Romans for 4 whole centuries .

Search Parthian Empire's map or read some books about them .

To be honest , What I said was more documented . Parthians were thinking about invading Armenia and Western Roman borders and having a hole in their empire close to their first capital doesn't make sense .

Check the maps in net or history books in that era to have the proof .

Dude, this type of answering is called escaping. how come none of your claims have any solid proof? As you said, Parthians are supposed to rule for 4-5 centuries. How coma an empire, cannot have its own coins, and type of architecture after 4-5 centuries? it's super ridiculous. The only logical explanation is that either they were some small local rulers so they could not develop their own style of architecture and coins or they were ruled by local (probably separate) greek dynasties.

That can be Greek influence, the Empire of Kushans(Yuezhis) of India also had high amount of Greek influence.

Yep , One of Alexander's aims was creating a new race in his empire and he hardly tried to settle Greeks in every state he conquered adding getting married with local people there .

I noticed that Turks retain their language more effectively than Farsi people in Europe. Maybe it has to do with strongness of the culture or maybe because Iranians don't have big community in Europe.

I have plenty of Iranian friends in Paris and most of them knows Persian and sometimes minority languages like Azeri Gilaki Kurdi... Only one of them can't speak his ancestors language and he happens to be an Iranian Azeri , he speak neither Azeri nor Persian. My cousins here are half Azeri half Gilaki , they can speak Persian and to some extent Gilaki but not a single word of Turki, so much for your Turkic strongness of culture.

Those who have problems speaking their language are usually of mixed ancestry,( half Iranian half German..)
And as you said we have a little diaspora in europe in comparison with Turks (Of Turkey), thats why you can encounter some Iranians who can't speak Persian Azeri etc. Nothing to do with strongness of culture lol :hitwall:

Last edited:
Dude, this type of answering is called escaping. how come none of your claims have any solid proof? As you said, Parthians are supposed to rule for 4-5 centuries. How coma an empire, cannot have its own coins, and type of architecture after 4-5 centuries?
o_O

Why should I escape man ?!!

I'm not a historian and have no problem to accept that and all the info I have about Parthian era is because they're my favorite one and I've read a lot about them .

What did you expect them to do for the coins ?!!

They just put their king's face on it and you can't find much difference in other empires at the time as well as all of them did the same .

Here is their faces pictures taken from the coins :

دوره اشکانی و فرمانروایی پارتیان و سکه های اشکانیان

it's super ridiculous. The only logical explanation is that either they were some small local rulers so they could not develop their own style of architecture and coins or they were ruled by local (probably separate) Greek dynasties.

I don't know what your point is man .

There are dozens of Greek / Roman documents regarding Parthians , Their culture , war tactics and so on .

If you're gonna deny them or call them a small local governor then you should write a book to enlighten historians or have a debate with historians ( both in Iran and West ) .

I have plenty of Iranian friends in Paris and most of them knows Persian and sometimes minorities languages like Azeri Gilaki Kurdi... Only one of them can't speak his ancestors language and he happens to be an Iranian Azeri , he speak neither Azeri nor Persian. My cousins here are half Azeri half Gilaki , they can speak Persian and to some extent Gilaki but not a single word of Turki, so much for your Turkic strongness of culture.

Those who have problems speaking their language are usually of mixed ancestry,( half Iranian half German..)
And as you said we have a little diaspora in europe in comparison with Turks (Of Turkey), thats why you can encounter some Iranians who can't speak Persian Azeri etc. Nothing to do with strongness of culture lol :hitwall:
have u been to chez elham in paris ? just curious ..... :D

I noticed that Turks retain their language more effectively than Farsi people in Europe. Maybe it has to do with strongness of the culture or maybe because Iranians don't have big community in Europe.

Main reason vis-a-vis Iran and Turkey is that most of Iranian expatriates to west are Iranian elites who fled Iran in the aftermath of revolution while Turkish migrants to EU are predominantly working class.

Upper class of any culture has a higher chance of losing their native culture as they are more easily assimilated in local culture as there is a high degree of respect among successful people for other successful people while working class has higher resilience as they are not accepted by locals and are always looked down upon which increases internal cphesion among migrant group and pining for mythological vaterland.

Main reason vis-a-vis Iran and Turkey is that most of Iranian expatriates to west are Iranian elites who fled Iran in the aftermath of revolution while Turkish migrants to EU are predominantly working class.

Upper class of any culture has a higher chance of losing their native culture as they are more easily assimilated in local culture as there is a high degree of respect among successful people for other successful people while working class has higher resilience as they are not accepted by locals and are always looked down upon which increases internal cphesion among migrant group and pining for mythological vaterland.
We have Persians here too but they are also working class. Above working class is probably 1-5% of the country who don't need to work because they have enough capital to let money work for them. Maybe it has to do with atheism. If you loose the religion aspect of your culture, it is easier to loose the remaining part too.

What did you expect them to do for the coins ?!!

They just put their king's face on it and you can't find much difference in other empires at the time as well as all of them did the same .
:o::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:
LOL, dude, your statement for a historian is like saying to a physicist that Quantum Mechanics is nothing but Newton's second law of motion, what else could it be?!!!:lol:
Anyway, if coins are difficult for you to be recognized and distinguished, then look at the architecture. I think you should be able to see the resemblance with greek monuments.
I don't know what your point is man .

There are dozens of Greek / Roman documents regarding Parthians , Their culture , war tactics and so on .

If you're gonna deny them or call them a small local governor then you should write a book to enlighten historians or have a debate with historians ( both in Iran and West ) .

No, they are not many.
Anyway, their tactics show that they have been very weak, otherwise they would not choose a partisan style of fighting. Otherwise, we would have seen their style of fighting to be used in Sassanid army as well, which we don't see it at all.
Anyway, what do you mean by west historians? only a few research are done by Western or Russian historians about this era. That's why these questions are not answered yet. As I said before, when you dig into local records of Tabaria, Hyrcania, Daylamistan, and also Dahia in central asia, you would see that they don't recognize and don't verify your claims.
I think, as even many revisionist Iranian historians are saying, that era has been ruling era of separate smaller rulers, which is what is called "Molouk -al -tavaayefi". IMO, some of them have been greeks and some other may have been local Iranian dynasties, in which one of them finally got the control over other ones and established sassanid empire.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom