What's new

Iranian Azaris and their love and loyalty to motherland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rostam

Reaction score
My understanding is that certain members of this forum seem to believe that Iranian Azeris are born to be more loyal to Turkey or Republic of Azerbadjan due to linguistic or ethnic affiliation.

This subject has been surely disscused in this forum many times, but since I have seen some very racist comments from some individuals here I felt obliged to present them with a clip that will enlighten even the most ignorant.

Iranian Azeris are hardcore Shias and they have fought many enemies of Iran during the past centuries, amongst the ottoman Turks and Turkmen tribes from central Asia. It is important to understand what hardcore Shia means and I would like you to see this video with Hossein Rezazadeh, an Iranian Azeri and gold medalist in heavy weight lifting.

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=959Hjf81eFs[/video]

This video shows a meeting between Hossein Rezazadeh and Seyyed Ali Khamenei. In this video Khamenei praises our super heavy Pahlevan Rezazadeh for turning down millions of dollars being offered by a foreign country to recruit him as ____ citizen so that he would compete under none Iranian flag. Pahlevan Rezazadeh choosed to stay in Iranzamin rather than betraying his motherland Shia Iran.

I recomend certain members to make a research on Abolfazl so you understand why Rezazadeh keep shouting his name and why Shias will always stay united until the end of time no matter what ethnicity they may originate from...persian, turks, azeris and so on.

A beautiful adhan recited by an Iranian Azari:

Last edited by a moderator:
Notice Ali Daei, an Iranian Azari fotball legend, in the middle of the ashura cermony:

This is ashura ceremony in the Iranian Azari city of Zanjan:

In Iran people of all ethnic backgrounds are free to speak their languages, while the official language is Persian. This is while in a neighboring country, a certain minority is not allowed to even have their native surnames or speak their native tongue. Contrary to this country´s constitution in Iran all the ethnic ethnicities are recognized as Iranian citizens.

This is not my experience. Every Azeri from Iran I have spoken to say they feel Turkish and they feel discriminated by Iranian government. Just my 2 cents.

In the newspaper today:
http://www.todayszaman.com/news-302824-azeri-channel-in-iran-seeks-to-resume-broadcasting-in-turkey.html

In Iran people of all ethnic backgrounds are free to speak their languages, while the official language is Persian. This is while in a neighboring country, a certain minority is not allowed to even have their native surnames or speak their native tongue. Contrary to this country´s constitution in Iran all the ethnic ethnicity are recognized as Iranian citizens.

I accept that in ME the concept of nationality has been misunderstood. It is a two blade knife. Some separatist utilize the right of minorities to achieve their goals. In contrast, most of the governments, in the region, utilize "separatist" definition to avoid providing the least of accepted human rights (UN defined) for minorities.

I can not cover the fact that the minority rights in Iran is not acceptable even when we compare it with our more advanced neighbors. If trolls will not destroy this interesting thread we could have very informative discussion here.

^^^^^
Yes we could, but I don't think it's possible, show me one similar thread that didn't lead to a troll war zone. :)

People likes to generalize other people like they meet every single one of them, I've met many Iranian Azaris who were hardcore Turkic nationalists, but I'm pretty sure many Iranians will consider them not real Azaris, or traitors :D

People likes to generalize other people like they meet every single one of them, I've met many Iranian Azaris who were hardcore Turkic nationalists, but I'm pretty sure many Iranians will consider them not real Azaris, or traitors :D
Especially with the coming of Turkish soaps on satellite TV being Turkish is hip, trendy and the future.

I have spoken to many Azeri and I ask how is Iran doing,etc and when I continue to treat them like a Persian, without me asking them, they tell me I'm a Turk, not Persian.

I accept that in ME the concept of nationality has been misunderstood. It is a two blade knife. Some separatist utilize the right of minorities to achieve their goals. In contrast, most of the governments, in the region, utilize "separatist" definition to avoid providing the least of accepted human rights (UN defined) for minorities.

I can not cover the fact that the minority rights in Iran is not acceptable even when we compare it with our more advanced neighbors. If trolls will not destroy this interesting thread we could have very informative discussion here.

In the first phrase I agree with you. Nationalism is truly double edged sword. Well said. Let us not forget that the Iranian constitution recognizes all Iranian minorities’ right to exercise their right to speak and write in their native language.

“Iranian constituation:Article 15 states that the "Official language (of Iran)... is Persian...[and]... the use of regional and tribal languages in the press and mass media, as well as for teaching of their literature in schools, is allowed in addition to Persian. ." Per Article 16, "Since the language of the Qur'an and Islamic texts ... is Arabic it must be taught .... in school from elementary grades until the end of high school."

The Turkish constitution on the other hand does not recognize that there are millions of kurds living in the country. Let us not waste time discussing how many they are, but the Turkish constitution considers the entire population to be Turks (ethnicity) only and nothing else. Besides the big population of kurds, the allewits and shias which make up at least 20% of the population in Turkey is not given full rights to practice their religion. You all are aware that the kurds are forbidden to have kurdish surnames.

Considering the fundamentel difference, one can easily claim that the Iranian constitution is the most advanced one in the region protecting the rights of minorities. I am not saying that the Iranian constitution is more democratic in other aspects compared to its neighbors´; it is not.

Furthermorev intermarriage is very common between the shia population in Iran. This has been going on for hundreds of years and is nothing new. There are millions and millions of young Iranians who have both Azari & Persian parents, further cementing the unbreakable bonds.

Well said! There are always those who differ in their thinking compared to the majority and people tend to generalize when they hear things from those few. Concluding that surely there must be certain Azaris in Iran who wants to be come Turkish citizens and some Shia in Turkey who wants to become Iranian citizens. But the absolute majority of them on both sides are no traitors. The proof for this claim are historical facts concerning regional military conflicts during the past centuries.

I've never met one Azeri in my lifetime with pan-Turkish thoughts. Don't believe this Ata-guestworker troll.

Especially with the coming of Turkish soaps on satellite TV being Turkish is hip, trendy and the future.

I have spoken to many Azeri and I ask how is Iran doing,etc and when I continue to treat them like a Persian, without me asking them, they tell me I'm a Turk, not Persian.

The matter of what is hip and not depends a little bit on what is your personal cup of tea. I don’t know any one in Europe, native or immigrant, who follows the trends in any middle eastern country (turkey included). This includes my Turkish mates in Sweden. In Iran what people look into for inspiration on fashion, music, movies are overwhelmingly western European.

I've never met one Azeri in my lifetime with pan-Turkish thoughts. Don't believe this Ata-guestworker troll.

even in turkey it is no much than 10% who esteem pan-turkish thoughts. But Azeris have their own identity may some differ from Turkige ethnicity and also among iranian azeris they have a growing azeri ID..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom