What's new

Iranian aviation industries

kollang

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
1_sitegraphic20.jpg

first i start with sahaa(صحا) company

the company is equiped with modern workshops such as Hydraulics shop,Pneumatic shop,Fiberglass shop,electoro avionic shop.sahaa's main activities are mending and upgrading air force birds such as F-4,F-5,F-14,F-27,C-130,P-3,B-707,B-747,mig-29,Su-24 and F-1.the company is capable of producing wing and the plane's body.mending aircraft's engine is also one of its main capabilites as well.and finally its high capabilities in mending engines resulted in producing tolu-4 the first Iranian made jet engine that is used in Karrar UAV as well.
a10.jpg

one of the SAHAA's ongoing projects is upgrading C-130 cabin with digital systems(MFD).the project consists of two phase.in phase number one SAHAA will convert some analog systems to digital ones.the second phase is to convert all analog systems to digital ones as well.the second phase is about starting.

i will continue with information regarding PANHA,HESA and other aviation industries as well.
hope this help

source:aviation industries journal

warning:as my language skill is yet at a low level.translating the text and posting it here will take time.

panha_20091021_1114888926.jpg

nnPANHA is the biggest helicopter producer in Iran.designing and producing helicopters and Airscrew and mending helicopters such as bell 205,bell 206,bell 209,bell 212,bell 214,bell 214ST,CH-3D,RH-53D,CH-47C and MI-17 are PANHA's main capabilites.

PANHA's first productions were shabaviz-75 and Panha 2061.

shabaviz-75 and shabaviz 2-75
f5nbi1uzvawa31264ws.jpg

pahakfom2yn9e6bxusr6.jpg

production line
simCEi_535.jpg

shahriyar(bell 214 ST) is also being produced by PANHA.
aV2sQRYi-a68a1451f295301af1749c5d989e4884.jpg

aV2sU3_S-a68a1451f295301af1749c5d989e4884.jpg

PANHA 2091(cobra)is also another product from PANHA company.
panha-2091.jpg

up to now PANHA is not a heli designer.however next persian year PANHA will produce two Iranian designed helicopter.first is called P-1 with 14 person capacity and second is called P-2 with 8 person capacity.

to be continued...

edit:spare parts such as encoder,altimeter,voltage sensing relay,IFF,power suply,HIS tester,ICS tester are the latest products of PANHA that got unveiled in 2012 kish air show.

HESA
hesa0.png

the company is located in Esfahan.huge Facilities allow the company to produce different products,from light air crafts to passenger air crafts with 150 person capacity.

HESA showed his great capabilities via producing Ir.An 140(52 seat) air craft.however Ir.An-140 was actually an Ukranian designed air craft.in other words first products were even 70% Ukranian made.but step by step HESA increased its capabilities an d now( 2013)Ir.An 140s are 60% Iranian made.Iranian participation also includes producing TV-3 engine as well.need to add Iranian participation will increase by 70% by 2014 as well.now so many Ir.An 140s are serving Iranian regional air liners and army.two Ir.An 140 also are going to be exported to an unknown country by 1392(2013/2014).
003.jpg

4_8503240543_L600.jpg

in military case HESA has done well.first Iranian fighter actually was made by HESA.HESA's hard working resulted in producing fighters(or maybe upgrades) such as simorgh(training fighter based on f-5b),azarakhsh(f-5 coppied) and saegheh(fully upgraded of f-5).unfortunately there are less information regarding the fighter.many people believe saegheh was just an upgrade plan for the air force f-5s and many people believes the fighter was somehow new.anyway there is no doubt that HESA is capable of making the fighter's body as well.
4kku1k33m.uzw.jpg

to be continued....

HESA

HESA has lots of ongoing projects.HESA is going to deliver first Ir.An 158 in 1393(2014/2015).an 158 is 100 seat air craft with modern avionic.HESA will produce atleast 128 Ir.An 158 at home finally.
Antonov An-148 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

thats not all.HESA is also planing for producing a 150 seat passenger air plane by 2018.designing the body is up to amir kabir university.designing the avionic and electronic devices is up to Esfahan university and designing the engine is up to "promise of science and industry" university.

in 2012 HESA also launched Iran's first testbed air craft called Armita.testbed aircraft Certainly improves HESA's capabilities in designing different aero systems.as you see in the picture,first testing was about the the ejection system.Armita can carry external payloads with 6 ton weight and 18 ton internal payload at the speed of 950 km/h
HESA.jpg

HESA also unveiled future fighter's landing gear during 2012 kish airshow.the landing gear fits 12 ton fighter jet as well.

HESA also unveiled Iran's first full composite heli-Airscrew as well.

warning:as my language skill is still at a low level,i ask PDF members to forgive me.

to be continued...

Go ahead my friend. I advice you to canalize more about design experiences of those institutes, R&D teams, wind tunnel capabilities instead of manufacturing skills of USA modified heloes, Then tell us more about electronic, flight control system achievements, EW systems, softwares...etc

Go ahead my friend. I advice you to canalize more about design experiences of those institutes, R&D teams, wind tunnel capabilities instead of manufacturing skills of USA modified heloes, Then tell us more about electronic, flight control system achievements, EW systems, softwares...etc
thanks,i will do them all.in Iran its universities(plus aviation industries institute that i will post it too) that design aero systems the most.plus getting information like this is a bit hard.on the other hand my language skill is at a low level.so you should deal with it.

@kollang

Keep it coming brother, honestly I'm learning more about Iran's capabilities, and I'm really glad that Iran is doing a lot in the aviation industries, the aviation industry is not easy at all, it takes time and money, Iran is heading into the right way.
I also like the idea that HESA is allowing university students be part of their project, it encourages the youth to be more creative, which lead to more competition, more competition equals better designs (quality).. The government should designate an R&D budget for these kind of stuff, I know the economy is tough, but the only way to survive is to fight it and move on. Iran is doing great by itself, Iran doesn't need anybody, but when it comes to aviation Iran might want to start a project with other countries (like HESA and Ukraine) this way Iran don't have to spend all the money alone, then in the future Iran can handle it all by itself, however Iran can still manage this industry and survive it very well, if Iran can make home-made planes then Iran will save a lot of money instead of buying them from the outside, and later on, Iran can sell planes to other countries.

Good job man, keep it coming.

P.S it would be also nice if other Iranian members here helped Kollang :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Fajr company

the company mass-produces light air crafts and civilian UAVs as well.fajr 20 is the first product of the company built with advanced composite technology.price:78 ml tumans(about 25,000$)
1444233.jpg

Fajr-3 is the second product.built with composit techology with 4 person capacity.price:320 ml tumans(about 100,000$)
1831704.jpg

one seat airplane called Faez.price:30 ml tumans(about 10,000$)
18_8811191317_L600.jpg

8_8811191317_L600.jpg

and fajr-33(saina),the latest product with 6 person capacity and full digital cabin.
IRINN_12_11_2012_19_34_42_1.jpg

the company is going to unveil two new air crafts,one with 8 person capacity and another one with 19 person capacity in near future

TV3-117VMA-SBM1

93-tv3-117vma-sbm1.jpg

The engine is designed for IrAn-140 airplane and other high-efficiency passenger and cargo aircraft of local and regional airlines.
High-tech development and production have enabled to create the TV3-117VMA-SBM1 engine possessing superior operating performances, dependability, and extensive service life.

FARSCO
farsco's hanger with an area of 40,000 sq.m is the largest hanger in the ME and designed to receive 6 wide-body aircraft at the same time

APG capabilities:
1-Removal & installation of all flight controls, doors & pannels
2-Servicing & lubrication of parts
3-Rigging & operation of the flight control, doors & trouble shooting************
4-Balancing of the tabs & flight control
5-Engine removal* & installation
6-Final close out
7-Operational & functional check of the aircraft system
8-Engine run up
9-Ground check
1e4145a7d5774ea.jpg

d647862bed204b5.jpg

0818fabb60ea444.jpg

d2d357edc7c542e.jpg

082a08520fad4a6.jpg

the companies main activity is mending aircrafts.however during 2012 kish air show,the company launched first Iranian made Amphibian aircraft LA-8 with 8 person capacity and 1300 km range.the production of the plane is about starting.

Farsco

to be continued...

Back
Top Bottom