What's new

Iranian Air Defense Systems

ShowPicture.aspx

ShowPicture.aspx
I can not understand the reason behind this camouflage in Iran ...

ALCON,

Strictly speaking, ECM equipment can ABSOLUTELY effect IR-guided missiles. Electronic counter measures covers far more than "simple" radar jamming. IR jamming equipment is now becoming standard on most larger, vulnerable aircraft (such as tankers and cargo aircraft) in the major air forces of the world.

Most IR-targeting ECM equipment involve firing low-powered lasers into the seekers of IR guided missiles either to blind them or damage the seeker and render it useless.

I should clarify that IR-targeting ECM equipment is usually separate from radio-frequency based jamming equipment but in modern fighters (regardless of American, Russian, etc) are centrally controlled by a single computer. Put another way, the ECM suite has one brain, but with many arms (warning sensors for IR and RF, active jamming, and chaff/flare dispensers).

Last edited:
ok I have been following Iranian developments for a while, so I would like to ask this question that has been on my mind.
if Iran received the S-300PMU2 from Russia instead of S-300P, then why would Iran need S-400 that some sources claim they have interest in? is it because PMU2 has lower range then S-400 or what?
Also on the Sayyad-2C/Talaash system was that made to supplement the S-300PMU2s or being used for other areas of air defense?

if Iran received the S-300PMU2 from Russia instead of S-300P, then why would Iran need S-400 that some sources claim they have interest in? is it because PMU2 has lower range then S-400 or what?
Also on the Sayyad-2C/Talaash system was that made to supplement the S-300PMU2s or being used for other areas of air defense?
Not only Iran didn't show interest in S400, but clearly said that after S300 we wont purchase any other air defense system.
Sayyad2 missile was made to supplement our S200 system, in that time we didn't have the S300.

New attack to F16
It looks Yemenis use boster this time to increase range of the missile

Maximum speed check
Releasing fuel tanks and flares check
At last seconds he pulled airplane up ( maneuvering ) then successfully dodged the missile

But F-15 pilot

Maximum speed check
Releasing fuel tanks and flares check
No maneuvering ....

In case of timings I must say this F-15 pilot is in control and very calm .he keeps his fuel tanks till last seconds .these are not actions of inexperienced pilot or someone in fear of death that doing stupid things but he intentionally didn't maneuver in last seconds but why ?

Not only Iran didn't show interest in S400, but clearly said that after S300 we wont purchase any other air defense system.
Sayyad2 missile was made to supplement our S200 system, in that time we didn't have the S300.
thank you for the answering :). I forgot about that Iran would not acquire another air defense system.

thank you for the answering :). I forgot about that Iran would not acquire another air defense system.
we do not need import air defense systems more after huge investment in this field.
hopefully our Bavar-373 will display soon.

we do not need import air defense systems more after huge investment in this field.
hopefully our Bavar-373 will display soon.
I know this may have no relation to this thread, topic so forth, but could Iran have an ISR plane that could track enemy jets to give the information to Bavar 373 Crews and F-14 Pilots? It would be interesting to see a unified, strong Iranian air defense for sure.

I know this may have no relation to this thread, topic so forth, but could Iran have an ISR plane that could track enemy jets to give the information to Bavar 373 Crews and F-14 Pilots? It would be interesting to see a unified, strong Iranian air defense for sure.

We don't have AWACS, Bavar-373 uses ground based radars like the Meraj-4.

marasem%20roz%20sanate%20defae95%20(4).JPG

Back
Top Bottom