What's new

Iran was spooked by reports of US F-35s when it downed airliner, says Russian FM

well it seems the peak of civilization also cant distinguish between fighter jet and Airliner
Insults aside...Now you know what it feels like to be confused in the heat and stress of combat tempo. But since most likely none of you have served in the Iranian military in any significant technical capacity, I will enlighten you on how it is possible to become confused between a 'civilian' and a 'military' aircraft.

In any 'high tension' area where civilian aircrafts are active, the most vulnerable part of a civilian flight are take off and landing. That is where air traffic are mixed with both civilian and military aircrafts, and often they are in angular proximity and even shadows each other.

This...

Fbq9n3D.jpg

...Is a common problem in radar operations. Depending on the radar's operating freqs, multiple targets can appear as one, briefly apart, then merged into one again. The problem is worse if the multiple targets are linear with each other in respect to the radar. If the smaller military aircraft, like a fighter, is in front of the larger civilian airliner, care to guess whose RCS will appear? On the other hand, if the fighter is behind the larger airliner, care to guess how the ground defenders will react when suddenly a high speed object came out of where an airliner used to be? There are many more potential circumstances than I can speculate. Whether the professionalism of the Iranian troops factored or not, I will not go there. If the technical issues are already contributing, who knows how much discipline and professionalism mattered in this tragedy.

You guys abused the word 'advanced' to the point the word have lost its meaningfulness in this forum. To be 'advanced' does not mean omniscient and omnipotent. You guys used the word 'advanced' to mock US regarding Iran Air 655. Now you are getting a taste of your own medicine. None of you have ever been in a military scenario where confusion reigns. I have. And it is not pleasant, even when the scenario was in an exercise, let alone a real combat situation.

Insults aside...Now you know what it feels like to be confused in the heat and stress of combat tempo. But since most likely none of you have served in the Iranian military in any significant technical capacity, I will enlighten you on how it is possible to become confused between a 'civilian' and a 'military' aircraft.

In any 'high tension' area where civilian aircrafts are active, the most vulnerable part of a civilian flight are take off and landing. That is where air traffic are mixed with both civilian and military aircrafts, and often they are in angular proximity and even shadows each other.

This...

Fbq9n3D.jpg

...Is a common problem in radar operations. Depending on the radar's operating freqs, multiple targets can appear as one, briefly apart, then merged into one again. The problem is worse if the multiple targets are linear with each other in respect to the radar. If the smaller military aircraft, like a fighter, is in front of the larger civilian airliner, care to guess whose RCS will appear? On the other hand, if the fighter is behind the larger airliner, care to guess how the ground defenders will react when suddenly a high speed object came out of where an airliner used to be? There are many more potential circumstances than I can speculate. Whether the professionalism of the Iranian troops factored or not, I will not go there. If the technical issues are already contributing, who knows how much discipline and professionalism mattered in this tragedy.

You guys abused the word 'advanced' to the point the word have lost its meaningfulness in this forum. To be 'advanced' does not mean omniscient and omnipotent. You guys used the word 'advanced' to mock US regarding Iran Air 655. Now you are getting a taste of your own medicine. None of you have ever been in a military scenario where confusion reigns. I have. And it is not pleasant, even when the scenario was in an exercise, let alone a real combat situation.

taste of your own medicine?... lol coming from you guys that is rich...

With out trying to defend the iranians who were clearly incompetent.... you forgot how US when after the USSR when it shot down a Korean Airliner in the early 1980s......

This...

Fbq9n3D.jpg

Talk to you when we have promotion and medal of bravery to the ones responsible .
When our defence minister and head of warmed force took a fake map to our parliament and there lied about the incident and didn't even bother to apologize from Senator and congressman present there when later it become apparent what he did.

Back
Top Bottom