What's new

Iran warns: will hit militant 'safe havens' inside Pakistan

Bro...He did nothing...He just called one member out who has talent and capability to make Iran victim/innocent even when they're not...

Yes...This perception do exists that some Shia members ridiculously defend Iran even when Iran acts hostile...Hence, members over here interested in getting their opinion...

Why does this perception exist?

Does it exist because the influence of Saudi Arabia petrodollars in Pakistan resulted in the radicalization of Pakistani society in the 80's, that has resulted in sectarian warfare that has targeted mainly Shia Muslims, in the face of apathy in the Pakistani establishment?

Was it because since that radicalization, there has been a Shia kafir campaign in radicalized circles in Pakistan?

I say, do not doubt our patriotism. Despite the fact we have been the victims of sectarian warfare in the country, we proudly call ourselves Pakistanis, and put Pakistan first. There are no Shia separatist movements within Pakistan, and there are no hyper active Shia militant groups compared to the likes of al-Qaeda, TTP, Jamaat-ul-Ahrar and others.

If we were in favor of Iran, why aren't there any separatist movements from Pakistani Shia groups in favor of Iran. Do you know how many Pakistani Shias have migrated to Iran? Not a lot, minuscule as compared to the number of Pakistanis that migrated to the GCC countries. Pakistan is our homeland.

Do not doubt our patriotism, or look at things from a sectarian lens, that is my sincere request.

Why does this perception exist?

Does it exist because the influence of Saudi Arabia petrodollars in Pakistan resulted in the radicalization of Pakistani society in the 80's, that has resulted in sectarian warfare that has targeted mainly Shia Muslims, in the face of apathy in the Pakistani establishment?

Was it because since that radicalization, there has been a Shia kafir campaign in radicalized circles in Pakistan?

I say, do not doubt our patriotism. Despite the fact we have been the victims of sectarian warfare in the country, we proudly call ourselves Pakistanis, and put Pakistan first. There are no Shia separatist movements within Pakistan, and there are no hyper active Shia militant groups compared to the likes of al-Qaeda, TTP, Jamaat-ul-Ahrar and others.

If we were in favor of Iran, why aren't there any separatist movements from Pakistani Shia groups in favor of Iran. Do you know how many Pakistani Shias have migrated to Iran? Not a lot, minuscule as compared to the number of Pakistanis that migrated to the GCC countries. Pakistan is our homeland.

Do not doubt our patriotism, or look at things from a sectarian lens, that is my sincere request.

Sir...I never ever doubted on patriotism of Shias...either on this forum (except one member, not you of course) or elsewhere...

But if you follow FB page of this forum...please read the comments over there...Not only me but others are doubting as well...

Sir...I don't know much about our history as you know because I m still student of history, born in 1993...But what I know is that we Pakistanis are not fools...we can't be easily manipulated just because of some petro dollars...

I don't look towards Iran/Shias through sectarian lens...My beef with Iran started since Jadhav...Before that I didn't even know much about Iran....But as my interest grows in that country, I came to know about it...

Pakistanis as a nation never entertained extremists (Shia kafir brigade) but you can't deny that sectarian elements are on the other side as well (Sipah Muhammad)

Pakistanis have nothing against their Shia brethren...I have Shia friends, nice and well mannered...Childhood friends...:)

It is our duty to collectively defend Pakistan...Whoever threatens our country, needs to be shown mirror.
Peace and Respect from Karachi !!! :pakistan:

Sir...I never ever doubted on patriotism of Shias...either on this forum (except one member, not you of course) or elsewhere...

But if you follow FB page of this forum...please read the comments over there...Not only me but others are doubting as well...

Sir...I don't know much about our history as you know because I m still student of history, born in 1993...But what I know is that we Pakistanis are not fools...we can't be easily manipulated just because of some petro dollars...

I don't look towards Iran/Shias through sectarian lens...My beef with Iran started since Jadhav...Before that I didn't even know much about Iran....But as my interest grows in that country, I came to know about it...

Pakistanis as a nation never entertained extremists (Shia kafir brigade) but you can't deny that sectarian elements are on the other side as well (Sipah Muhammad)

Pakistanis have nothing against their Shia brethren...I have Shia friends, nice and well mannered...Childhood friends...:)

It is our duty to collectively defend Pakistan...Whoever threatens our country, needs to be shown mirror.
Peace and Respect from Karachi !!! :pakistan:

Really, Pakistani Shias are as integrated in Pakistan as anyone can be.

Most Pakistani Shias do not know much about Iran, or the history of Iran. We do not speak the same language, have the same culture as them. We are Pakistanis, and we love Pakistan, are integrated in Pakistan.

Pakistani Shias hold Shia Islam close to their heart, but Iraq is a better "benchmark" for Shia Islam than Iran.

A reason why Iran might be revered by Pakistani Shias is because in their eyes, it is the only country where Shias are not being killed in sectarian violence. And to be fair, despite everything Pakistan has done for us, been for us; it has failed to stop just one thing: the sectarian killings that have targeted our community.

Look at the terrorist violence in Pakistan this year: terrorism has been going down, but there have already been two attacks in Parachinar. But any attack in Pakistan breaks my heart, not just against Shias. If there are attacks against Sunnis, Shias, Ahmedis, Hindus, Christians, Sikhs etc; against any Pakistani in Pakistan, it breaks my heart.

But I always remind my other Pakistani Shias that we are so much better off than almost all other Muslim countries. Look at the Shia-Sunni sectarian warfare in Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Bahrain, Egypt and other countries. Even Iran, where everyone except non-twelver Shias are heavily discriminated against.

Pakistan has given Shia Muslims equal rights as everyone else. We are privileged to be in Pakistan, we hold great positions in every sphere in life. If the sectarian killings could stop, things would be ideal. In fact, all terrorism should stop, regardless of who it targets.

such a idiot general
he is creating problems for shia people in pakistan

such a idiot general
no sir there Will be no problem for our shia brothers in pakistan insha allah. theocracy is the worst form of government and iran is a theocratic state as far as Iranians are concerned they are our brothers and we shouldn't make them our enemies.

That is because Pakistan does not possess resources to sustainably sustain India like situation simultaneously at Afghan, Iran and Indian border. Your boys know their limits very well.
Yes, our boys know their limits. However, they don't cry like Indians when they've to face 2 front confrontation. Our boys on the other hand are handling 3 front confrontation with snakes.

such a idiot general
No, their won't be any problem for the Shias. In fact, Shias will be happy and they would welcome this big mouth general in Pakistan. No wonder why I hate snakes and I hate petting snakes. I'm extremely against it.

Please do not doubt the loyalty of Pakistani Shias, despite what we have suffered due to the sectarian violence targeting us, we are still bigger patriots than you are, or will be. We are Pakistanis, and proud to be Pakistan. We do not need to prove anything to you.
He had wanted you to reply to the Iranian blunt mad general. Instead, you started talking about the violence you faced, lol.. Yes, you're very patriotic. I can see that.

So, after the Afghan savagery, how will we now respond to this latest threat? Are we going to allow the Iranians to hit Pakistani territory at will and take a reactionary approach? The way things stand at the moment I don't expect much. Seems like we are happy with the punchbag role.
Time has come for Pakistan to call a spade a spade. There are no friends, regional/cultural brothers, brothers in Islam etc. which we have imagined in our minds. Time has come to face the reality and solely work in our interest. All this brotherhood BS needs to go out of the window. Anyone who wants to be treated with force should be treated as such. Anyone who wants to be reasoned with needs to be reasoned with. There should be no middle ground anymore. This regional goodwill BS won't work anymore. Pakistan shouldn't take the mediator role upon itself. Deal on a per case basis. Plain and simple.
COAS, General Bajra is a very competent General chosen by no one else but the great politician of Pakistan Nawaz Kutta Sharif Urf Phola. This tatta-less Bajra is amazing. To win hearts of Pakistanis he opted for an attack against Afghanistan. He did some incredible photo-shoots like General Raheel Sharif paid pet of Nawaz Sharif and eventually got paid by Nawaz via Suadi Arabia.
When we've such leaders what you expect? HGeneral Bajra couldn't retaliate to Afghanistan pertaining to the Chamman incident. Now, Iran's general's balls have grown big and threatens Pakistan like its Sudan or Liberia. WTF!

Isn't it strange that Iran is the one who has been caught red-handed for sponsoring terrorism in our country and still it has the balls to threaten us?

That's because our establishment acted very softly on this issue and our govt didn't respond. If we had taken a harder stance, it would be the Iranians apologizing to us.
Yep

A snake with a big mouth:
If you hit we will hit triple.

Khwarij the same khawarij who are against this ummah

What i see lots of people here talking about Pakistani Shia, well in my own personal experience studying with Shia in my university, they are very pro Iran, and they criticize Pakistan more than they say anything about Iran, makes me wonder where their Loyalties lie ? if that trend continued than the time is near when Shia in Pakistan will be seen as Suspects or Iranian Agents .. may god that time comes

Since there are some members here that are calling Pakistani Shias pro-Iran, that would make Pakistani Sunnis pro-Saudi Arabia; as many people here are putting their Muslim identity over their Pakistani identity.

It is futile to view Pakistani Shias through a sectarian lens. Pakistani Shias are very patriotic, and we have gotten everything from Pakistan. Pakistan has given us everything. One thing that we haven't gotten, which we wish we had more of was protection against terrorism from sectarian outfits. And can you blame Pakistani Shias for demanding that? InshaAllah we will defeat terrorism soon, but please recognize that Pakistani Shias have faced a lot of terrorism violence targeted towards them.

Last edited:
What i see lots of people here talking about Pakistani Shia, well in my own personal experience studying with Shia in my university, they are very pro Iran, and they criticize Pakistan more than they say anything about Iran, makes me wonder where their Loyalties lie ?

Don't generalize. This attitude strengthens social fault lines that shouldn't exist at all!

no sir there Will be no problem for our shia brothers in pakistan insha allah. theocracy is the worst form of government and iran is a theocratic state as far as Iranians are concerned they are our brothers and we shouldn't make them our enemies.

No way in hell, Iranians are our brothers...Heck even Pakistani Shias are being rejected in Iran...See how orya maqbool jan tells about Iranian supremacy/hypocrisy...

Listen from 05:02 seconds and on wards....

Iranians have their racial superiority mindset, they look down upon all Pakistanis, Shias or otherwise. Iran is one of the most racist countries in the world. Saudi Arabia is extremely racist too, one of the racist nations as well. It's sad that we Pakistanis look upto these nations.

Iranians have their racial superiority mindset, they look down upon all Pakistanis, Shias or otherwise. Iran is one of the most racist countries in the world. Saudi Arabia is extremely racist too, one of the racist nations as well. It's sad that we Pakistanis look upto these nations.

Yes...But GCC/Arabs/KSA provides jobs to all Pakistanis without any discrimination...Do you agree?? millions of Pakistanis are working in GCC...I guess common Arabs may be racist but their governments are not?

Yes...But GCC/Arabs/KSA provides jobs to all Pakistanis without any discrimination...Do you agree?? millions of Pakistanis are working in GCC...I guess common Arabs may be racist but their governments are not?

Or there is the possibility that the governments are indeed racist but also put the needs of their country above racism and tolerate South Asians just like the Americans do.

Back
Top Bottom