What's new

Iran to launch world’s largest gasoline unit

New Recruit

Reaction score
Excellent news!!!

TEHRAN – Iran will start within coming days a new gasoline production unit at the Shazand refinery which will produce 8.5 million liters gasoline a day, the Mehr news agency reported on Friday.

Rashid Seyedian, director of capacity enhancement project at the Shazand Refinery, said the development project of the unit is nearly completed.

The refinery, located near the central city of Shazand, produces gasoline, liquefied gas, propylene, kerosene, diesel fuel as well as fuel oil and tar.

The country’s total gasoline production capacity has risen to 70 million liters in last year, while more developments are put into operation, the agency reported.

Iran managed to completely halt the imports of high octane (premium) gasoline in recent months, defying the U.S.-led sanctions.

As well as boosting refinery capacity, a cut in state subsidies which pushed up the pump prices since 2010 December, helped Iran to achieve the self-sufficiency in gasoline.

Now, Iran is self-sufficient in gasoline production and has no need to import premium or regular gasoline.

Iran previously imported 30 to 40 percent of its needed gasoline consumption.

Iran to launch world?s largest gasoline unit - Tehran Times

Strongest nation in the world, that still can't feed its own people. Don't let me laugh.

On topic: such discoveries are always exaggerated, and we should wait till independent organization confirm it.

it show's that even you didn't read it !

it's a refinery company that will refine oil and make gasoline . NOT A DISCOVERY.

oh sorry , you think we still just sell our oil .

no problem , mr troll.

can't you search it in google ?

start with the GTL products.
after that : petrol
then gasoline ....

every part of Pars Jonobi , Mapna oil industries , Shazand and Setare Khalij Fars refinery . i won't waste my time for you ...

Don't need to. We all can see that Iran isn't able to refine its own oil, and uses outdated technology to recover oil and gas.

Just wait my Pakestani chos friend :) it will take time but slowly we will get independent in all fields, including the oil and gas sector

If producing GTL is outdated , then i have no more words to say .

Just wait my Pakestani chos friend :) it will take time but slowly we will get independent in all fields, including the oil and gas sector

you stop insulting pakistan too .

I really hope he is neither Pakestani or Iranian. This guy is a online thug

Trust me Brother, no real Pakistani will ever insult Iran or its lovely people. We have too much history and culture in common with you. God Bless Iran and Pakistan.

Excellent news!!!

TEHRAN – Iran will start within coming days a new gasoline production unit at the Shazand refinery which will produce 8.5 million liters gasoline a day, the Mehr news agency reported on Friday.

Rashid Seyedian, director of capacity enhancement project at the Shazand Refinery, said the development project of the unit is nearly completed.

The refinery, located near the central city of Shazand, produces gasoline, liquefied gas, propylene, kerosene, diesel fuel as well as fuel oil and tar.

The country’s total gasoline production capacity has risen to 70 million liters in last year, while more developments are put into operation, the agency reported.

Iran managed to completely halt the imports of high octane (premium) gasoline in recent months, defying the U.S.-led sanctions.

As well as boosting refinery capacity, a cut in state subsidies which pushed up the pump prices since 2010 December, helped Iran to achieve the self-sufficiency in gasoline.

Now, Iran is self-sufficient in gasoline production and has no need to import premium or regular gasoline.

Iran previously imported 30 to 40 percent of its needed gasoline consumption.

Iran to launch world?s largest gasoline unit - Tehran Times

The world´s largest? while being sanctioned with the most comprehensive sanction regime in the history of the modern world?

Can anyone tell me if Iran build heavy machinery for refinery ? Has Indian company Larsen and Tubro sold any such products to Iran ?

Back
Top Bottom