What's new

Iran to Build New Sub for Caspian Fleet by 2015

HRK

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

MOSCOW, May 19 (RIA Novosti) – Iran expects to complete construction of a new submarine for its Caspian fleet by the second quarter of next year, the News.Az outlet reported Monday.

According to the news agency, the 50-meter-long submarine is being built in collaboration with a Chinese company at the Anzali shipyard. There were no details about the boat’s weapons systems.

The boat will be operated by the Corps of the Guardians of the Islamic Revolution.

Last month, the Caspian Five countries – Russia, Azerbaijan, Iran, Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan – saw significant progress during a round of talks on the settlement of the legal status of the Caspian Sea.

The Caspian Sea is the largest landlocked body of water in the world. Large fishery resources, as well as vast oil and gas deposits have made the sea a subject of heated territorial disputes.

For decades, the inland sea was the exclusive domain of the USSR and Iran, but after the collapse of the Soviet Union new players emerged to claim an interest in the region. Since 1992, the Caspian Five have been engaged in negotiations related to the demarcation of rights in the sea.
=======================================

Can any Iranian member psot some specification of underconstruction sub ..... any deatail .... ???

i really have no idea what they're talking about .

iranian naval commanders are keen in providing as less info as possible .

the only sub that we know of is be'saat sub which has nothing to do with any chinese company and is 100% indigenous .

any ideas ? @yavar @SOHEIL

Can any Iranian member psot some specification of underconstruction sub ..... any deatail .... ???
i really have no idea what they're talking about .

iranian naval commanders are keen in providing as less info as possible .

the only sub that we know of is be'saat sub which has nothing to do with any chinese company and is 100% indigenous .

any ideas ? @yavar @SOHEIL
Iran is building a Fateh class sub in Bandar Anzali which will serve in IRIN(not IRGC Navy), and there is no chinese company involved

Here is the Jane's article
Iran launches new submarine class - IHS Jane's 360

MOSCOW, May 19 (RIA Novosti) – Iran expects to complete construction of a new submarine for its Caspian fleet by the second quarter of next year, the News.Az outlet reported Monday.

According to the news agency, the 50-meter-long submarine is being built in collaboration with a Chinese company at the Anzali shipyard. There were no details about the boat’s weapons systems.

The boat will be operated by the Corps of the Guardians of the Islamic Revolution.

Last month, the Caspian Five countries – Russia, Azerbaijan, Iran, Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan – saw significant progress during a round of talks on the settlement of the legal status of the Caspian Sea.

The Caspian Sea is the largest landlocked body of water in the world. Large fishery resources, as well as vast oil and gas deposits have made the sea a subject of heated territorial disputes.

For decades, the inland sea was the exclusive domain of the USSR and Iran, but after the collapse of the Soviet Union new players emerged to claim an interest in the region. Since 1992, the Caspian Five have been engaged in negotiations related to the demarcation of rights in the sea.
=======================================

I think that it is a Fateh-Class Submarine, which is 48 meters long.
Fateh-class submarine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It's a stealth submarine designed to catch fish.
:rofl:

Iran is building a Fateh class sub in Bandar Anzali which will serve in IRIN(not IRGC Navy), and there is no chinese company involved

Here is the Jane's article
Iran launches new submarine class - IHS Jane's 360
:rofl:

well , can you name the chinese firm which is involved in this project .
I'm Interested because for the first Fateh Sub no chinese company was involved ,I wonder why there is need for a chinese firm in building the second one.

With the standoff between Russia/China and the US/Nato; I reckon this is the best time for Iran to take as much advantage of this situation, as possible. I know Russia didn't oblige the S300 purchase in time of need but with the current threat perception (Russia vs West) is not going to be subsiding anytime soon; its the best time to buy some air defense and air force related equipment.

I know Iranian members feel very proud of their indigenous projects and advances but I think some purchases along with ToT from Russia can speed up your local projects exponentially. I would love to see Iran adopt Mig35 as the new frontline fighter (since you already have experience with Mig29s) or the best option will be to get Su30 in big numbers along with local assembly and servicing option (like the Indians). The long range and heavy payload capability of the Su30 will be ideal for Iranian territory and any misadventure by the Israeli's.

Maybe the second Fateh submarine that is being built especially for the Caspian sea will have some new propulsion system with a Chinese AIP, to be implemented in the future ones too. The Chinese have a very good expertise and experience in submarine building, so why not share it with Iran, after all, most western countries share their technologies to build sophisticated systems.
If it is true that a Chinese company got involved for any part of the Fateh submarine it is most certainly for the better, otherwise Iranian experts would not have agreed.
By the way guys, the Fateh submarine was expected to be introduced this 24th of may 2014, but no news yet, any idea?

Back
Top Bottom