What's new

Iran to be urged to export LNG to BD : no IPI pipeline extension

But ...does BD have handling facility for such large ships?

Japan got US waiver as it imports 90% of its oil so any change in supply chain could cause serious dent in already under pressure Japanese economy but same is not the issue with BD as u r coming up as a fresh import who is currently not dependent on Iranian oil...:)

My point was whatever we would import it wont be that much to make iranian economy go ka-boom. Thats why the US wont care that much. We use our own natural gas and importing LNG is just for supplementing the demand. But anyway the US dollar cannot be used for trading so I guess its never going to materialize. By the way, how are you guys and Pakistan going to pay for the import. The gas pipeline is a win-win for all three of you I guess. And their gas stock is not going to run out that soon. Iran has one-third of world's total gas reserve. So, deal well struck. :tup:

1. we can trade our own currencies like China-south africa are doing
2. Govt. will obviously back up.
3. US wants us badly to do ticfa agreement, we can use it as bargain issue ;)

China, India or South Africa got huge trade dealings with Iran that why Iran allows them.

Even in case of India being 2nd largest oil importer of Iranian oil Iran don't accept all payment in Indian Rupee some amount is settled through Indian Exports to Iran as Iranians can pay back in Indian Rupee n some amount by Infrastructure development in Iran by India. So its not as easy as u think.

When is say ur Govt. Need to back it up i mean back up by hard cash n not mere words.

Plus unnecessay import from Iran will attract US sanctions on BD exports, i don't get it why u guys wanna drain ur economy for Iran, is Iran providing BD enough discount???:what:

N why u wanna lose ur edge in ticfa negotiations with US by bring in Iranian factor???

I m not against BD-Iran trade but i don't feel its the right time to start this process thats all...

But ...does BD have handling facility for such large ships?

At present not exactly. A deep sea-port is under construction. If I remember correctly it is due to be completed by 2016. But we always fail to meet the deadline so I would say we cant expect it to be completed before 2018 at least.:)

China, India or South Africa got huge trade dealings with Iran that why Iran allows them.

Even in case of India being 2nd largest oil importer of Iranian oil Iran don't accept all payment in Indian Rupee some amount is settled through Indian Exports to Iran as Iranians can pay back in Indian Rupee n some amount by Infrastructure development in Iran by India. So its not as easy as u think.

When is say ur Govt. Need to back it up i mean back up by hard cash n not mere words.

Plus unnecessay import from Iran will attract US sanctions on BD exports, i don't get it why u guys wanna drain ur economy for Iran, is Iran providing BD enough discount???:what:

N why u wanna lose ur edge in ticfa negotiations with US by bring in Iranian factor???

I m not against BD-Iran trade but i don't feel its the right time to start this process thats all...

one answer: the trade will may be barter system which USA allows to do so :D
what is the benefit for us ?

1. we still lack in energy resources, it will fill the gap.
2. if the trade on barter system, they will have to take our products, so demand of our products will increase which will lead more jobs for poor people :D

what is the benefit for Iran ?
in barter system, for return of their resources , Iran will get our cheap products with good quality, that will drop prices on particular products in Iran :D

My point was whatever we would import it wont be that much to make iranian economy go ka-boom. Thats why the US wont care that much. We use our own natural gas and importing LNG is just for supplementing the demand. But anyway the US dollar cannot be used for trading so I guess its never going to materialize. By the way, how are you guys and Pakistan going to pay for the import. The gas pipeline is a win-win for all three of you I guess. And their gas stock is not going to run out that soon. Iran has one-third of world's total gas reserve. So, deal well struck. :tup:

My point was start fresh imports from Iran would mean pointing Middle finger at US, so unless Iran offers significant discounts it doesn't make sense for BD. US just don't wanna see a single penny going to Iran thats why quantity won't matter much. Besides if u aren't gonna import much from Iran any ways then better go for Qatar or Saudi Arabia as u must be already importing from them.

India pays part payment in Indian Rupee n part by Indian Exports n Infrastructure development in Iran.

But even with all these waivers n currency agreements we many times face some or the other issue with Iranian payments, so for BD it'll be much harder.

AFAIK Pakistan current don't import any gas from Iran they'll start importing after there pipeline gets completed. I guess they be using Chinese help for payment plus settle some balance in barter.

N as far as gas pipeline is concerned India is already outta it due to US pressure but it helped us crack civil nuclear deal. So its only Pakistan n Iran now but Pak for the pipeline but we r anyways 2nd largest importer of Iranian oil.

why not the extension??:undecided:

Extention is possible only if India is part of Iran-Pak pipeline though there had been some news that India now wants to join this pipeline but doesnt mean India will allow the line to cross into BD.

bro, they changed the meaning of wahabi, sad but true :hitwall:

More of a slur for that matter. It is a highly offensive term in Saudi Arabia, and Al-Wahhab is one of the 99 names of The Almighty.

And as far as the topic goes, oil and gas imports from Iran were discussed before. It is not feasible for Bangladesh.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom