What's new

Iran small nuclear fusion plasma confinement device "Tokamak"

No offense meant, but the pictures only show a container + plasma-confining coils + some pumps. There's a long way to a functioning reactor. Look at ITER's funding and their results

This is far away from an actual nuclear fusion device. But it's a good step.
Making these thing smaller is much harder than making them bigger. This is what people don't understand.

China has made amazing achievements in science and tech. west. Iran is catching up fast. we have only started 10 years ago :)
Persian and chinese are known for their historical scientific achievements.

Miniaturization technology is quite hard and complex. I mean look at the attempts of many nuclear power nation in trying to minitrazie simple fission warheads (which is less irreducibly complex compared to fusion). China, unlike Iran, did not have to face economic sanction or had direct attribution from the USA. Despite these tough conditions, the Iranian people still produces many wonders while Arab nation under such conditions, would collapse and become another Syria. This device is an step forward, in my view, to an independent space power plant for Long distance Spacecrafts that are doing manned mission beyond Low Earth Orbit (LEO).

No offense meant, but the pictures only show a container + plasma-confining coils + some pumps. There's a long way to a functioning reactor. Look at ITER's funding and their results

Valid statement, they have an long way to go. I don't think this an state sponsored project though.. considering the environment the students and technicians are working at in the picture.

Miniaturization technology is quite hard and complex. I mean look at the attempts of many nuclear power nation in trying to minitrazie simple fission warheads (which is less irreducibly complex compared to fusion). China, unlike Iran, did not have to face economic sanction or had direct attribution from the USA. Despite these tough conditions, the Iranian people still produces many wonders while Arab nation under such conditions, would collapse and become another Syria. This device is an step forward, in my view, to an independent space power plant for Long distance Spacecrafts that are doing manned mission beyond Low Earth Orbit (LEO).

Thanks for your kind words brother. Iran has a long way to go yet.
we still need to catch up in engine production (for rockets,jets) and need to make our own home made powerful processors. we are lagging behind in those fields. Even though we are still infant, compared to others around us, we are much ahead.

Thanks for your kind words brother. Iran has a long way to go yet.
we still need to catch up in engine production (for rockets,jets) and need to make our own home made powerful processors. we are lagging behind in those fields. Even though we are still infant, compared to others around us, we are much ahead.

Don't forget complex integrated circuits and semi-conductors :). I remember an statement from an deceased Electrical Engineer professor, in which he said that the biggest problem Iran has got is the fact that they have oil and is cursed with Hydrocarbon reserves in their nation. He also belived that Iran's economy should be based on manufacturing, atomatives and electronics. The biggest problem with Iranians is that they don't know how great Iran can be..

Don't forget complex integrated circuits and semi-conductors :). I remember an statement from an deceased Electrical Engineer professor, in which he said that the biggest problem Iran has got is the fact that they have oil and is cursed with Hydrocarbon reserves in their nation. He also belived that Iran's economy should be based on manufacturing, atomatives and electronics. The biggest problem with Iranians is that they don't know how great Iran can be..

Iran is riddled with problems today. The biggest problem is the one which many nation face and that is the management.
There is corruption in Iran and other pathetic internal matter which are harming Iran more than sanctions! I hope the increase in sanctions will destroy internal problems and force Iran to move in the right direction. Iran should be a industrial superpower considering we are the worlds number 1 hydrocarbon holder (oil+gas).

Our most powerful space rocket ( Safir-3 Sepehr ) can put 3000-4000 kg payload into LEO (1000 kg into SSO)

Not enough for manned mission !

Our most powerful space rocket ( Safir-3 Sepehr ) can put 3000-4000 kg payload into LEO (1000 kg into SSO)

Not enough for manned mission !

Safir-3?????!!!!! :cheesy:
You mean that rocket called qooqnoos?

Iran is riddled with problems today. The biggest problem is the one which many nation face and that is the management.
There is corruption in Iran and other pathetic internal matter which are harming Iran more than sanctions! I hope the increase in sanctions will destroy internal problems and force Iran to move in the right direction. Iran should be a industrial superpower considering we are the worlds number 1 hydrocarbon holder (oil+gas).

True, but depending on oil instead of your nation's technological capabilities is quite risky and an economy based on commodities rather than high valued goods like turbofans for Aircraft or semiconductors for the consumer electronic industry is vulnerable to the outside market's boom and bust cycle. BTW tell me more about this small fusion plasma confinement?

Iran unveils N. fusion plasma confining system

Iran unveiled the first nuclear fusion plasma confining system locally designed and built by Iranian experts, which is the home-made version of next generations of energy-producing machines.

Alborz Tokamak, the first home-made encapsulating device of nuclear fusion plasma entangles plasma. It includes deuterium-tritium plasma and is kept by two series of electromagnetic fields.

Tokamaks are used to generate electricity through fusion. All design, simulation and operation phases of Alborz Tokamak are completed by Iranian experts.

The first nuclear fusion device dubbed 'Alvand' was jointly built by Iran and Italy in 1985, with 20 percent of its knowhow was accomplished by Iran.

The second one named 'Damavand' was purchased from Russia in 1996. Both Alvand and Damavand were launched at the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran (AEOI).

The third one 'Alborz' launched in 2005 was purchased from China. It was indigenized at Amir Kabir University.

Alborz Tokamak with 0.45 meter major radius and 0.15 minor radius holds the capacity of 3 KV. No country has managed to get access to this phase, and researchers hope to light the bulbs by this technology.

The project started 3 years ago and has been accomplished by 80 percent.

Equally, you have a valid point in that Iran's tokamak program is already not secret; since Iran is also collaborating internationally on this project, the secrecy aspect in any case is moot for this program at least:

Iranian team to collaborate with US company on nuclear fusion project | Environment | theguardian.com
WTF??? what else? U.S to build our next nuclear reactor? :lol:
only a retarded person would believe this news, specially when we know that western countries don't even let Iranian students to study on nuclear field in their colleges, when we know they don't even sell food or drugs to us, when we know they arrested our university professor in his trip to U.S with the so called crime of buying some Research equipments in the past and breaking Iran's sanctions, when we know all the sanctions on Iran is because of our nuclear activities. and finally when we hear the name of university that I personally don't expect to hear anything from.

WTF??? what else? U.S to build our next nuclear reactor? :lol:
only a retarded person would believe this news, specially when we know that western countries don't even let Iranian students to study on nuclear field in their colleges, when we know they don't even sell food or drugs to us, when we know they arrested our university professor in his trip to U.S with the so called crime of buying some Research equipments in the past and breaking Iran's sanctions, when we know all the sanctions on Iran is because of our nuclear activities. and finally when we hear the name of university that I personally don't expect to hear anything from.

totally ......!:cheers:
but maybe in future we can cooperate with pakistan and india (an iter member) on other projects
this might also help the 2 countries to set aside their problems with each other

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom