What's new

Iran says all of its 5 abducted border guards are alive: IRNA

Some words are similar and counting system is identical

Kardi = Karanna
Naterkonid = Natara Karanna
haft = hath
etc

I can understand Hindi clearly.

How can you understand hindi? I didn't know those persian words btw. Are you Indian, Sri Lankan or Iranian? I'm confused now. Maybe mixed? Or just interested in learning languages?

How can you understand hindi? I didn't know those persian words btw. Are you Indian, Sri Lankan or Iranian? I'm confused now. Maybe mixed? Or just interested in learning languages?
I don't know how I understand Hindi, the reason could be it's either similar to Sinhalese or listening to Hindi since childhood or due to Sinhalese being an extremely Sanskritized language. Hindi is like my second language while I haven't studied it for a day.

I am Sri Lankan and actually I like their culture and language equally.

IF they're even in Pakistan. So far, Pakistan has allowed Iranian authorities to investigate their whereabouts, and no evidence has been presented that shows the kidnappers or the abductees are in Pakistan. It seems to me that Iranian officials jumped the gun before the investigation even began.

That's great and shows Iran we are doing what we can. I hope they are found safe.

That's great and shows Iran we are doing what we can. I hope they are found safe.
The problem is that the Iranian side is hell bent on proving the kidnappers are in Pakistan, rather than Iran, and don't care about evidence.

I don't know how I understand Hindi, the reason could be it's either similar to Sinhalese or listening to Hindi since childhood or due to Sinhalese being an extremely Sanskritized language. Hindi is like my second language while I haven't studied it for a day.

I am Sri Lankan and actually I like their culture and language equally.

Cool. I guess bollywood is popular in Sri Lanka too... Sinhalese is an indo european language like hindi so there are probably lots of similarities.
And yea persian culture is interesting I guess. I don't know much about iran though.

Cool. I guess bollywood is popular in Sri Lanka too... Sinhalese is an indo european language like hindi so there are probably lots of similarities.
And yea persian culture is interesting I guess. I don't know much about iran though.
Yes, Bollywood is extremely popular but preferred by females. My female cousin and my sister used to watch Bollywood movies whenever they meet. :D

Well most Indians can understand a fair amount of persian vocabulary since it's part of hindi/urdu and other north indian languages. Is it the same in Sri Lanka?

have you ever heard someone speak Sri Lankan, it doesnt even sound from this planet

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom