Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Iran, Saudi Arabia eager to join CPEC
By APP
Published: October 1, 2016
1191513-cpecreutersx-1475262917-215-640x480.jpg

Pakistan to welcome friendly nations. PHOTO: REUTERS

ISLAMABAD: Minister for Planning, Development and Reform Ahsan Iqbal has described Iran and Saudi Arabia’s desire to join the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) framework as a good indication and said Pakistan would welcome their participation.

“We will welcome both the brotherly Islamic countries if they want to be part of CPEC,” he told APP.

Pakistan, he said, would also welcome and appreciate any friendly country which wanted to take part in the multibillion-dollar flagship project of the “One Belt One Road” initiative of Chinese President Xi Jinping.

CPEC, a trans-regional project, will benefit three billion people of the region through enhanced regional connectivity with Balochistan and Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa playing a critical role in integrating the entire region.

It is a 15-year-long project to be completed in 2030 with special focus on infrastructure development, Gwadar seaport, energy and industrial cooperation.

Terming CPEC one of the best and transparent projects where no transaction was directly made by the government, Iqbal said $35 billion would be utilised by the energy sector in the form of private-sector investment while the remaining $11 billion would be invested by Chinese companies in infrastructure development under a concessionary mode of financing.

About the western route of CPEC, he said work on that part of the corridor was progressing at full pace and it would be completed by 2018.

He revealed that the 650km Gwadar-Quetta section of the western route would be ready by December 2016. With this route, Gwadar will be connected not only to Quetta, but also to neighbouring Afghanistan.

“Following completion of the western route, people living in underdeveloped areas will experience a new era of development and prosperity,” he said.

The minister reiterated the government’s commitment to giving top priority to road projects of the western passage. “The road schemes were being funded through the federal Public Sector Development Programme (PSDP), Chinese financing and the Asian Development Bank.”

He announced that construction work on the 285km DI Khan-Hakla motorway, entirely funded by the PSDP, had already started after meeting all requirements including feasibility study, project design, land acquisition and necessary approvals.

Iqbal stressed that Gwadar and the national highway network would be linked with the completion of N-85 and M-8 highway projects by December 2016, which also formed part of the western corridor.

Published in The Express Tribune, October 1st, 2016.

Like Business on Facebook, follow @TribuneBiz on Twitter to stay informed and join in the conversation.

Saudi's are too Stubborn to Join those Ajam's in any Projects .. Iran will/can as CPEC can give its share to Iranian Economy , and it will help reconstruct the Pakistan-Iran Relationship which will help bring Stability in the region .. but if Saudi's are Serious i wont mind it .. their Investment is welcome

Saudi's are too Stubborn to Join those Ajam's in any Projects .. Iran will/can as CPEC can give its share to Iranian Economy , and it will help reconstruct the Pakistan-Iran Relationship which will help bring Stability in the region .. but if Saudi's are Serious i wont mind it .. their Investment is welcome

Lol Saudis have always been very helpful and friendly towards Pakistan unlike Iran. For CPEC Iran can only offer us a safer route to Central Asian countries.

Lol Saudis have always been very helpful and friendly towards Pakistan unlike Iran. For CPEC Iran can only offer us a safer route to Central Asian countries.

Ur too biased and infected with Wahabism to deliver an opinion about any country with a majority Shi'a population.

soopa pawa's be like : meh, who cares about Iran and Saudi, we have Afghan and Bhutan with us

Ur too biased and infected with Wahabism to deliver an opinion about any country with a majority Shi'a population.

I love Azerbaijan which is a Shia majority country. Never thought anything bad about them. The problem with Iran is that it is governed by a bunch of crazy takfiri mullas. I have seen many Shias like you condemning Saudis but when it comes to Iran you fail to see their fkups. Hypocrisy? I consider Iranian version of Shiaism to be a bigger threat than Zionism. Because Zionists are only killing Palestinians while Iranian mullas are killing Muslims all over the world.

I love Azerbaijan which is a Shia majority country. Never thought anything bad about them. The problem with Iran is that it is governed by a bunch of crazy takfiri mullas. I have seen many Shias like you condemning Saudis but when it comes to Iran you fail to see their fkups. Hypocrisy? I consider Iranian version of Shiaism to be a bigger threat than Zionism. Because Zionists are only killing Palestinians while Iranian mullas are killing Muslims all over the world.

Azerbaijanis are secular, just Shia by name.

I'm no Shia, I don't care much for the religious sects and their endless discussions about who is right. I have, i'm not Pro-Iran, I believe in working with the Americans in Iraq so that regional countries don't get too involved as neighbors always have worse interests. Though I have not seen you condemn Saudis, how is that? Is it cause you have to please your host.

You support terrorists against the Shi'ites, groups that are alike to the TTP. Yet you want to bring up hypocrisy.

Last edited:

If supporting Terror Groups and militant Madarsas are help .. than i would say we don't need their help at all

Azerbaijanis are secular, just Shia by name.

I'm no Shia, I don't care much for the religious sects and their endless discussions about who is right. I have, i'm not Pro-Iran, I believe in working with the Americans in Iraq so that regional countries don't get too involved as neighbors always have worse interests. Though I have not seen you condemn Saudis, how is that? Is it cause you have to please your host.

You support terrorists against the Shi'ites, groups that are alike to the TTP. Yet you want to bring up hypocrisy.

I have condemned Saudi policies when I perceive they are doing something wrong like their treatment of expats has always been derogatory.Their policy against Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt. They could have done things better in the past but as far as Saudi nationals are concerned they are happy with their government. I am a Saudi born Pakistani. I have never seen anyone calling themselves Wahabis, I came to know about this so called sect when I joined PDF. Only once in my life I have been asked by a Saudi if i am a Shia or Sunni and at that time I was very young. I am hopeful things will improve and they will start learning from their mistakes that doesn't mean I should start cursing and praying for destruction of a country where Makkah and Madinah is situated.

If supporting Terror Groups and militant Madarsas are help .. than i would say we don't need their help at all

Keep getting your news from Irani mouthpieces and you will get to know Saudi is cause of their birth too.

I have condemned Saudi policies when I perceive they are doing something wrong like their treatment of expats has always been derogatory.They could have done things better in the past but as far as Saudi nationals are concerned they are happy with their government. I am a Saudi born Pakistani. I have never seen anyone calling themselves Wahabis, I came to know about this so called sect when I joined PDF. Only once in my life I have been asked by a Saudi if i am a Shia or Sunni and at that time I was very young. I am hopeful things will improve and they will start learning from their mistakes that doesn't mean I should start cursing and praying for destruction of a country where Makkah and Madinah is situated.

You don't apply that same 'criticize but forgive' method for Shi'ites, you hate them to death and even support TTP alike groups that inflict casualties among their civillians, very hypocritical when you hate the TTP. Though it is very common among Muslims, Wahhabism/Salafism (or call it whatever suits you) has infected the minds of many Muslims.

Keep getting your news from Irani mouthpieces and you will get to know Saudi is cause of their birth too.

Sorry but i have never use any link here or anywhere ... I am well informed about Pakistani Situation and who is funding the Sectarian War inside Pakistan .. if you do a little research you will find non-Iranian proves of how Saudi's are Funding the Deoband sect Madarsas in Pakistan .. and lets not put the entire blame on KSA, Iran is doing the same with Shia Militant groups Operating in Karachi and other Parts of Pakistan .

You don't apply that same 'criticize but forgive' method for Shi'ites, you hate them to death and even support TTP alike groups that inflict casualties among their civillians, very hypocritical when you hate the TTP. Though it is very common among Muslims, Wahhabism/Salafism (or call it whatever suits you) has infected the minds of many Muslims.
Have you seen me supporting TTP? Hell I used to love Iran alot until I got to know Iran have a tomb of Abu lulu in their country the same guy who martyred Hazrat Umar(R.A). This level of hate against our Khalifas is enough for me to know Iran is not a country to be dealt with respect.

Have you seen me supporting TTP?

I did not say you support the TTP, I said you support groups that share the same ideology as the TTP whom are targeting Shi'ites. Once again, many Muslims (including you) would never live with the TTP, however if the TTP or a group like the TTP (IS) kill (innocent/unarmed) Shi'ites they have your approval and you've shown this recently on PDF.

I was on this forum in 2014 as well, some Saudi members paid a special visit back to the forum to celebrate, that does NOT mean they would want IS in their own country, it is that they are supportive of the crimes these groups commit against Shi'ites. Do you need more explanation?

Hell I loved Iran alot until I got to know Iran have a tomb of Abu lulu in their country the same guy who martyred Hazrat Umar(R.A). This level of hate against our Khalifas is enough for me to know Iran is not a country to be dealt with respect.
Abu lulu killed the person that enslaved him, he wanted to be a free man again. lol, is this a problem? You are angry about something that happened that long ago?

Piruz/LULU needs to be given a medal at his grave, he fought to resist slavery. Didn't you just say you condemn Saudis that treat Asian workers like slaves. What an amount of contradiction.

Back
Top Bottom