What's new

Iran rules out any 'emergency' in getting oil dues worth $6.5 billion from India

guyhandz

Reaction score
Country
India
NEW DELHI: Ruling out any 'emergency or urgency' in getting back $6.5 billion oil import dues from India, Iran on Wednesday proposed that a part of this corpus can be invested in Indian projects there - assuaging concerns that an immediate payment outgo might hit India's forex reserves.

Hopeful that a "settlement" can be reached on how to clear these dues, Iran has also proposed delegation-level visits and discussions to iron out the issues in this regard.

The assurance by Iranian ambassador to India, Gholamreza Ansari, assumes significance as there were concerns that India might have to make immediate payments to clear these dues after lifting of the western sanctions on Iran. The dues have been pending largely because of curbs on the banking and payment channels connecting Iran.

Iran rules out any 'emergency' in getting oil dues worth $6.5 billion from India - The Times of India

A friend in need is a friend indeed!

Iran has always stood for muslims so I believe they might and should take a principled stand on Kashmir not to speak about gujarat and mumbai genocide. I am from Lucknow and clearly say that the Indian state is behaving tyrannically by not providing our families with property they stole in 1947 and it continues a suppressive policy against us muslims living in Lucknow.

Iran should learn that there are problems for muslims in the east as well not just in Palestine. I believe Iran is one of the few countries led by religion and therefore they will hopefully take a stand against tyranny.

Iran has always stood for muslims so I believe they might and should take a principled stand on Kashmir not to speak about gujarat and mumbai genocide. I am from Lucknow and clearly say that the Indian state is behaving tyrannically by not providing our families with property they stole in 1947 and it continues a suppressive policy against us muslims living in Lucknow.

Iran should learn that there are problems for muslims in the east as well not just in Palestine. I believe Iran is one of the few countries led by religion and therefore they will hopefully take a stand against tyranny.

Can you please elaborate on the stolen property part and how is India's stance any different from that of Pakistan in this matter. Does Pakistan provide compensation to Hindus who migrated from Pakistan?

How are Muslims getting oppressed in Lukhnow, when subsequent Govt from Samajwadi Party to BSP to Congress have always followed an appeasement policy. If indeed the situation is as you say then we would have seen a Ram Mandir built in Ayodhaya decades ago.

I have visited Lukhnow just past week and had stayed at my Mama's (Uncle's) house who is an orthodox Muslim and I didn't hear a single word being spoken about oppression infact he said things have never been better. The whole of Lukhnow retains it's distinct Lukhnowi culture. People are free to pray, free to own properties, free to stand for elected office, free to eat anything they want, free to do anything a Hindu might.

Last edited:

:)

Are you drunk?I thought all were settled on 1947.Hindus have right to ask for your land too according to your logic.Stop being self obsessed religious moron.Nobody gives a cr$p about Pakistani fantasy...

Last edited:

Muslims, Islam, Hindu , Christian ...

That is all what u seen in people ... We Indians dont choose Friends according to their religion and from what I have seen i Think same goes for Iran ...

We where a Friend of Iran when they were the powerful Persian Kingdom , we were Friends with them even before Islam Reached Iran, We where a Friend of Iran even after Islam Reached Iran, We were Friends with Iran when it was ruled by Shah, We were a friend of Sanctioned Iran , We were their friend even after Islamic revolution of Iran ...

And we will stay their friend till Humanity is above religion in this world...

Muslims, Islam, Hindu , Christian ...

That is all what u seen in people ... We Indians dont choose Friends according to their religion and from what I have seen i Think same goes for Iran ...

We where a Friend of Iran when they were the powerful Persian Kingdom , we were Friends with them even before Islam Reached Iran, We where a Friend of Iran even after Islam Reached Iran, We were Friends with Iran when it was ruled by Shah, We were a friend of Sanctioned Iran , We were their friend even after Islamic revolution of Iran ...

And we will stay their friend till Humanity stay's above religion in this world...

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

What's your problem man...and If you are an Indian why use Pakistani Flag ?

HOW ABOUT FAMILIES OF hindu who were forced to leave pakistan and their properties?

The money due to Iran is in an escrow account, it will have zero impact on Indian forex reserves held by RBI since the money is not held by RBI. The money is already earning interest albeit @ 1.5%, so Iran should not be worried, once the cloud over the n-deal is settled, Iran can withdraw that money, whenever they want

NO. you are not a lucknowi. i am 100% sure your Grand Parents were Lucknowi but you r not. you are just a Muhajir Pakistani.

A very nice gesture from Iran to India, our brotherly nation :cheers:
no. you are helping enemy of your Islamic brother.

identity crisis
^ Just hang on !:enjoy:

i

am waiting for your reply SIR :)

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom