What's new

Iran - Pakistan gas pipe line discussions commence

Pakistan is hoping to leverage Chinese investments in Gwadar so that we do not have to spend money building a pipeline ourselves. I am pointing at the plan to build a large LNG terminal at Gwadar and pipeline from there to consumption centers to East and then North.

Pricing is a serious issue and Paksitan does wish for the price to be revised downwards.

KSA concerns would not matter in a couple of years. KSA will just have to accept a changed scenario. It is strategically important to keep KSA's influence to certain sectors only. We do not want an Egypt-like situation.
That, wont be the case, dude. I mean certainly Iran would not permit Pakistan, to become a energy hub for the central Asia, as that is a national interest for Iranians too, to become the energy portal for the landlocked central Asians.
But, being a energy hub for the C.A is not what is important here, you know this project is about something much bigger, much important and much more strategic. IPP is not the end of the story but it is the start of a long journey, just look at the map below,
PROJ100730.gif

You know, IPP means cutting of Pakistan dependence to Saudi Arabia, that means the release of a 200 million population country's potentials in the political game field, you can imagine the results, hence no need to mention here, just a small point, that will lead to a major shifting of political power in the entire world, as the bilateral relations of Pak-S.A Pak-USA Pak-IRI Pak-CHN Pak-IND would be affected.
In the middle stage, IPP, would definitely lead to a IPI project, and you know, that Also means a huge volcano in the world wide policy too. The effects of such event is so enormous to every citizen of this great world that can't be expressed in the words, for a start, just think about solving a dispute between two giant nations, Pakistan and India which are consisting around 20% of the worlds population, that means a huge blow in the relations of Pak-IND IND-CHN CHN-USA IRI-Pak-IND, Pak-IND-CHN,
Honestly I don't have the time nor it is possible to discuss the aspects of these effects here, but we can discuss any one in detail if there is an interest.
And also in the long run you can see the IPI project has a great potential to be changed into IPIC (Iran-Pakistan-India-China)
and, I do not even wana discuss this topic here, but just take it from me that this event is gonna form a post 3rd millennium block, literally affecting the life of every single person in this world.
You see, we are not talking about a child game we are not talking about price issues, we are speaking about a new age, a new era, and there are millions of geopolitical experts, that are trying to analyse the effects of such blow and also many politicians in the whole world (Arab, east Asia, west) trying their best to prevent or delay this phenomena from turning into reality.

Last edited:
That, wont be the case, dude. I mean certainly Iran would not permit Pakistan, to become a energy hub for the central Asia, as that is a national interest for Iranians too, to become the energy portal for the landlocked central Asians.
But, being a energy hub for the C.A is not what is important here, you know this project is about something much bigger, much important and much more strategic. IPP is not the end of the story but it is the start of a long journey, just look at the map below,
PROJ100730.gif

You know, IPP means cutting of Pakistan dependence to Saudi Arabia, that means the release of a 200 million population country's potentials in the political game field, you can imagine the results, hence no need to mention here, just a small point, that will lead to a major shifting of political power in the entire world, as the bilateral relations of Pak-S.A Pak-USA Pak-IRI Pak-CHN Pak-IND would be affected.
In the middle stage, IPP, would definitely lead to a IPI project, and you know, that Also means a huge volcano in the world wide policy too. The effects of such event is so enormous to every citizen of this great world that can't be expressed in the words, for a start, just think about solving a dispute between two giant nations, Pakistan and India which are consisting around 20% of the worlds population, that means a huge blow in the relations of Pak-IND IND-CHN CHN-USA IRI-Pak-IND, Pak-IND-CHN,
Honestly I don't have the time nor it is possible to discuss the aspects of these effects here, but we can discuss any one in detail if there is an interest.
And also in the long run you can see the IPI project has a great potential to be changed into IPIC (Iran-Pakistan-India-China)
and, I do not even wana discuss this topic here, but just take it from me that this event is gonna form a post 3rd millennium block, literally affecting the life of every single person in this world.
You see, we are not talking about a child game we are not talking about price issues, we are speaking about a new age, a new era, and there are millions of geopolitical experts, that are trying to analyse the effects of such blow and also many politicians in the whole world (Arab, east Asia, west) trying their best to prevent or delay this phenomena from turning into reality.

Brother, your post makes too many assumptions that are questionable.

1. Iran can not and will not 'replace' KSA as Pakistan's energy partner. It is in Pakistan's interest to keep a balance between our friends and allies. We can be valuable to both Iran and KSA and vice versa. It is not an either-or proposition.

2. IPP and its extension to Indian is largely dependent upon price of gas. Indians cited price of gas as their primary concern when they pulled out of this project.

3. IPIC is literally a Pipe Dream for now. I very much doubt that IPP can be changed into IPIC just like that. There would have to be a significant and serious upgradation of the project for that to happen. It is an interesting idea nonetheless.

4. Pakistan can not be an energy hub for Central Asia to Iran's exclusion and vice versa. Both countries have their respective strengths and Central Asia is a big region. Neither country can stop the other from performing according to its strengths. If Pakistan can cater to China (and conceivably India) then Pakistan can cater to Central Asian States nearby. There need not be a conflict of opinion here.

5. Though Pakistan does have an important geostrategic location, it can not be overstated for obvious reasons. Global strategic concerns do not revolve around Pakistan, Iran, & China only. There is a lot more to it. I know that you probably did not mean to over-state it, but a correction needs to be made here, just in case.

I would trust and believe Ambassador M. K. Bhadrakumar over you any day. It was US pressure pure and simple, and also Indian attempts to fuel and support terrorism in Pakistan. A commitment to this project would send a message to their assets that they did not want to send.

To be honest...this is the only feasible project in my mind that is acheiveable if Pakistan and India improves ...

To be honest...this is the only feasible project in my mind that is acheiveable if Pakistan and India improves ...

There is a lot more. But only if jingoism takes a back seat for a while. We have the whole region to think of. Heck not just Af-Pak and India, but Central Asia too. India can not manage it without Pakistan's active participation instead of via Iran. We are sitting on a Gold mine, but refusing to take advantage of it because we have quarreled in the past.

PROJ100730.gif

That map is no longer true, if pipe line is build then route will be Gwader-Karachi and then Punjab.

A civilian project that helps civilians should not anger anyone , we have energy crisis
Only option not to have it

a) Free Oil for 10 years
b) or 10 Nuclear power plants

Back
Top Bottom