What's new

Iran orders 250 Su-30 MK's

Cheetah,

Yes, But both of them are not stupid to fight with each other for Iran of all countries. I give them more credit than that.

750 Billion dollars spent on Iraq Afghanistan war that they admit of iam willing to bet its lot more(no where near resolving the issue) economy heading towards recession.are you sure you don't wanna change your statement if not let me share this with you.
5c14007b986d2e8a0218291235ddea82.jpg

On the other hand Russia is losing big customers china almost gone.India moving away slowly.so with spending spree by the Iranians.

1 or 2 billion already spend with Russia for nuclear reactors.and now this thats a big enough fish for Russia to go after.
750 million spent on Sam's.
when i say fight i don't mean both countries armies facing each other.''but just to stop you on that in the 80s they fought each other over Afghanistan of all the countries''.

its not always about the country.its about who's comparing the size:rofl:

750 Billion dollars spent on Iraq Afghanistan war that they admit of iam willing to bet its lot more(no where near resolving the issue) economy heading towards recession.are you sure you don't wanna change your statement if not let me share this with you.
5c14007b986d2e8a0218291235ddea82.jpg

On the other hand Russia is losing big customers china almost gone.India moving away slowly.so with spending spree by the Iranians.

1 or 2 billion already spend with Russia for nuclear reactors.and now this thats a big enough fish for Russia to go after.
750 million spent on Sam's.
when i say fight i don't mean both countries armies facing each other.''but just to stop you on that in the 80s they fought each other over Afghanistan of all the countries''.

its not always about the country.its about who's comparing the size:rofl:

I don't think Indian can ever afford to move away from the Russians, inspite of all the rejuvination in the Indo-US relations. The world knows how good a ally US is, the only reason its siding with India insipte of having Pakistan as a key ally is to counter balance China.

The Russian have done more than what was expected of them. With US you can never be sure when the scanctions are comming.

I think Iran is trying to buy influence with Russia to counter balance the US sanctions.

Regds

There are two countries you can always rely on for weapons in case of US scanctions, Russia and China. Therefore its good to go for them in the first place, instead of begging for spares and upgrades later.

What about their indigenous 4th or 5th gen fighter jets that they just developed?

My suggestion to the Russians would be to take the deal even at discount, bcoz they just have to take the advance payment and never have to deliver the product! Good deal.

Iam not much with numbers but if the country produces 4million brls oil/day and sells it to Europeans at $76.00/brl.every day only accepts money in euros for some stupid reason i would think they can come up with the money.

You are so disconnected from reality!!!

What about their indigenous 4th or 5th gen fighter jets that they just developed?

My suggestion to the Russians would be to take the deal even at discount, bcoz they just have to take the advance payment and never have to deliver the product! Good deal.

what about India's indigenous fighter plane.why are Indians in the market for fighters. oh wait its easy to throw stones at others without looking in your own direction.

You are so disconnected from reality!!!

please do show me the light.

But a while back I hunted down Iran's budget and it was pretty stretched. Buying 250 aircraft would be a massive expense. Where would they get the money from?????
Well Keys the thing is Iran havn't bought anything sizeable for their airforces for a long time. Like the Pakistani situation they ahve had a lost decade. Now I guess they are trying to make that up and splurging on these weapons. If you think about it Pakistan spent on it's airforce alone 5.1 bill(F-16)+2.5 bill(JF-17)+atleast 1.5bill(J-10)= 9.1 billion. Add to the fact that Iran is facing the real possibilty of war I guess they can splurge a bit, moreover Iran has a larger PPP than Pakistan. But I could be totally wrong and your article could be correct but please can you post it here?
But I agree with the fact that splurging on Sukhoi's isn't the right thing to do. Iran should be sppeding up it's BM and nuclear programme. Start procuring vast amount of SAM systems and even stealth detecting capabilities.

Very true Chrome.

How much ever planes they buy now, its going to take time to get all those delivered. And even if they get those, training is an issue.
Instead they shud try to get their anti AC and BM capabilties sharpened.

All these can still just dely the inevitable incase of war.

Very true Chrome.

How much ever planes they buy now, its going to take time to get all those delivered. And even if they get those, training is an issue.
Instead they shud try to get their anti AC and BM capabilties sharpened.

All these can still just dely the inevitable incase of war.
Well depends who they are going to fight? I mean if it's against NATO or only America then their only real hope as you said is to delay the enecatable and hope to salvage something on the table through dialogue. Though If it's against Israel and no nukes are lobbed then their will heavy damage on both sides but I personally can't see a clear cut winner.
Totally agree with you on the tmeline problem.

Cheetah I am talking about Russia and US fighting against each other for Iran.
Now doubts dud heads Bush and Cheney

Cheetah

An MMRCA requirements is different of that of Point Defence Fighter like LCA.

LCA replaces MiG-21
MMRCA replaces MIG-23/27

Well Keys the thing is Iran havn't bought anything sizeable for their airforces for a long time. Like the Pakistani situation they ahve had a lost decade. Now I guess they are trying to make that up and splurging on these weapons. If you think about it Pakistan spent on it's airforce alone 5.1 bill(F-16)+2.5 bill(JF-17)+atleast 1.5bill(J-10)= 9.1 billion. Add to the fact that Iran is facing the real possibilty of war I guess they can splurge a bit, moreover Iran has a larger PPP than Pakistan. But I could be totally wrong and your article could be correct but please can you post it here?
But I agree with the fact that splurging on Sukhoi's isn't the right thing to do. Iran should be sppeding up it's BM and nuclear programme. Start procuring vast amount of SAM systems and even stealth detecting capabilities.

I will try and hunt down the article in question as it was a while ago. Whilst Pak has spent a large amount on the purchases you mention you forget that A lot of it came as EDA (free) and the real term costs were offset by the billions Pak received from America.
The idea that Iran may face a war soon would not really affect this, as any order would barely have begun within the next few years.

http://www.iiss.org/whats-new/iiss-in-the-press/press-coverage-2006/june-2006/irans-defense-spending
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_of_Iran
http://www.armscontrolcenter.org/archives/001221.html

Cheetah

An MMRCA requirements is different of that of Point Defence Fighter like LCA.

LCA replaces MiG-21
MMRCA replaces MIG-23/27

By the time your babu's make the MMRCA dicision IAF would be needing a replacement for the MKI...lol. ;)

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom