What's new

Iran India Sign Major Rail Deal

that makes sense.

so basically india is going to build the track and trains for port connectivity.
20170510IranLinksMap_large_580.png

That depends based on the region and the kind of rail service (long distance or suburban or luxury and so on).
But the answer is yes in most cases. Railways run a lot on electricity and our service obviously focuses on low cost and less profit unlike the West.

Say I want to travel from southern India to central India. If I'm low on cash (or not), there's no question about it, train. And the scenery is gorgeous too.
The only reason I'd take bus to a neighbouring city would be connectivity, since railway stations may not be where we want it to be.
In same routes bus ticket price are half or less than train tickets . ( VIP bus ticket vs economy/normal train ticket )
fuel must be very cheap for buses in Iran :D

In same routes bus ticket price are half or less than train tickets . ( VIP bus ticket vs economy/normal train ticket )
fuel must be very cheap for buses in Iran :D

I think you save a lot of time when taking a train, and it's not exhausting. In India, the railways are running on large subsidies for passenger traffic (has to do with politics) while taking goods are rather very expensive. So, railway covers the cost of transporting passengers on goods. That may not be the case in Iran.

I think you save a lot of time when taking a train, and it's not exhausting. In India, the railways are running on large subsidies for passenger traffic (has to do with politics) while taking goods are rather very expensive. So, railway covers the cost of transporting passengers on goods. That may not be the case in Iran.

maximum speed for a bus is 110 Kph on highway ( 90-100 kph on average )
maximum speed allowed for train on our best routes are 160 kph ( usually lower than this )
buses are transferring more passengers around and they are much cheaper but their timing are similar on most routes maybe that's the reason we love our buses more .
fancy fadak train
Y28B8364_943.jpg

fadak-train-iran-austria.jpg

VIP bus
178.jpg

179.jpg

Argantin_terminal.jpg

maximum speed for a bus is 110 Kph on highway ( 90-10 average )
maximum speed allowed for train on our best routes are 160 kph ( usually lower than this )
buses are transferring more passengers around and they are much cheaper but their timing are similar on most routes maybe that's the reason we love our buses more .
fancy fadak train
Y28B8364_943.jpg

fadak-train-iran-austria.jpg

VIP bus
178.jpg

179.jpg

Argantin_terminal.jpg
Well, you got to pay more for fancy trains like that in here. And it's expensive.

I'm talking about trains like these. Cheaper and reliable for long travels. And the geography here is not so leveled (crazy hills and curves, add traffic to that) so bus travel would be exhausting as hell.
cpt15032102104531730202.jpg

Is that true in your country train tickets are cheaper than bus tickets ?
In Non AC Sleeper Class, Yes, tickets are far cheaper than road travel. But that is because nearly 53% of that journey cost is borne by government

Iran has finalized a €2.2 billion deal with China National Machinery Import and Export Corporation, known as CMC, to electrify a 926-km railroad from Tehran to the northeastern city of Mashhad
Good move!
Chinese Electric rolling stock is quite cost effective and i'm sure this will improve throughput on the busy lines.
@AndrewJin Any idea which loco is being supplied?

Back
Top Bottom