What's new

Iran expands regional ‘empire’ ahead of nuclear deal

Well, seems like there is nothing we can do, we will have to stick to the most advanced countries in the world, what a cruel destiny. :(
Yes, "STICK" is a good definition for a country with more than %90 of its land in Asia, %99 of its people being Muslims and repeatedly getting labeled as a Muslim country that can not be a part of Europe by France the most European country of Europe...

I,m not sure what is wrong with countries like Japan or China or Korea that are very advanced nations and No.1 in almost every field and they are very proud of what they are... Asian...

A confident nation would always be proud of what it is and would always try to be No.1 in world so other nations envy and dream to join their club...

Yes, "STICK" is a good definition for a country with more than %90 of its land in Asia, %99 of its people being Muslims and repeatedly getting labeled as a Muslim country that can not be a part of Europe by France the most European country of Europe...

I,m not sure what is wrong with countries like Japan or China or Korea that are very advanced nations and No.1 in almost every field and they are very proud of what they are... Asian...

A confident nation would always be proud of what it is and would always try to be No.1 in world so other nations envy and dream to join their club...
We never claimed to be European in the first place, we are proud of what we are, we think its good to be partner with the most advanced countries to learn something from their success, why does it bother you so much?
Call us western puppy or whatever you like wont change anything on ground reality, your goverment prefers to isolate your country from rest of the world while we prefer to cooperate, its everyones own business.

BTW: Japan and South Korea are the most important non-NATO ally of West in case you missed.

We never claimed to be European in the first place, we are proud of what we are, we think its good to be partner with the most advanced countries to learn something from their success, why does it bother you so much?
Call us western puppy or whatever you like wont change anything on ground reality, your goverment prefers to isolate your country from rest of the world while we prefer to cooperate, its everyones own business.

BTW: Japan and South Korea are the most important non-NATO ally of West in case you missed.
It is good to learn from more successful nations but this was not the point... and you never claimed to be European?????
wow... really?? I,m happy for Turkey to learn from other successful nations... although it has a long way to go yet...

I don't call you western puppet...but a question... Turkey has thousands of years of history written in Arabic alphabet... how could you easily change your handwriting to LATIN?Are you latin? I know you,re not Arab but How do you read your poets, historians, past literature now? Do they translate your own heritage so it can be understood?

Turkey has the potential so through hard work and innovation in future becomes a country that Europeans and West come stick their selves to it... why seeing yourself so little? I know Turkey and Turks... They are nice people

It is good to learn from more successful nations but this was not the point... and you never claimed to be European?????
wow... really?? I,m happy for Turkey to learn from other successful nations... although it has a long way to go yet...
Yes we never claimed to be European, and yes we have a long way to go no doubt about it but on the other hand we are still ahead of many countries in the region.

I don't call you western puppet...but a question... Turkey has thousands of years of history written in Arabic alphabet... how could you easily change your handwriting to LATIN?Are you latin? I know you,re not Arab but How do you read your poets, historians, past literature now? Do they translate your own heritage so it can be understood?
And before Arabic we had our own Alphabet called the Orkhon Script whats your point?
We have a comission called Turkish Language Association, their job is translating Ottoman Turkish (basically a mix of Turkish and Arabic) to modern Turkish as well as replacing Arabic, Persian, French and other foreign words with Turkic ones.

Turkey has the potential so through hard work and innovation in future becomes a country that Europeans and West come stick their selves to it... why seeing yourself so little? I know Turkey and Turks... They are nice people
We are working on decreasing dependance, espacially in Defense sector, so far quite successful but why should we end our Partnership with West? We still have a Independent policy and no restriction on anything except Nuclear/Chemical and other WMDs which Turkey signed the respective treaties on its own.

Yes we never claimed to be European, and yes we have a long way to go no doubt about it but on the other hand we are still ahead of many countries in the region.

And before Arabic we had our own Alphabet called the Orkhon Script whats your point?
We have a comission called Turkish Language Association, their job is translating Ottoman Turkish (basically a mix of Turkish and Arabic) to modern Turkish as well as replacing Arabic, Persian, French and other foreign words with Turkic ones.

We are working on decreasing dependance, espacially in Defense sector, so far quite successful but why should we end our Partnership with West? We still have a Independent policy and no restriction on anything except Nuclear/Chemical and other WMDs which Turkey signed the respective treaties on its own.
If I have to like one policy of Turkey it is to trying to develop a part of its weaponary needs... It is for Turkey's good in both short and long term...

Turkey is asking EU to let them join them for a long time to no avail.. Is Turkey asking Europe to join them via EU means that you don't claim you,re European? So, you,re saying... you claim you,re not European but still ask Europe to accept you and let you join them???

• Former French President Nicolas Sarkozy, unlike his predecessor Jacques Chirac, opposed the entrance of Turkey in the European Union, but wished Turkey to remain a partner of Europe. He also often mentioned geographical reasons to justify his position, thus saying "I do not believe that Turkey belongs to Europe, and for a simple reason: because it is in Asia Minor. What I wish to offer Turkey is a true partnership with Europe, but not integration into Europe".[153]
  • Merkel said: "We don't want the full membership of Turkey. But we don't want to lose Turkey as an important country", referring to her idea of a strategic partnership.[155]

Plus, I have been to Germany, there are millions of Turks there they are under severe attack by some parties and millions of people because of them being Muslim and Turk and Asian...

Anti-Turkey bias in German media alarms Turks in Europe - Daily Sabah
Mesut Özil tired of being called ‘German-Turk,' wants acceptance
Identity dilemma pushes young Turks to leave Germany for Turkey
Erdogan criticizes German attitude to Turks - The Local
http://www.frontpagemag.com/2013/dg...-muslim-settlers-in-germany-live-off-welfare/
At Home in a Foreign Country: Ethnic Segregation in German Cities - SPIEGEL ONLINE
Turkish Immigration to Germany: A Sorry History of Self-Deception and Wasted Opportunities - SPIEGEL ONLINE
German politician inflames immigration debate | World news | The Guardian

I,m sure you know what I,m talking about very well... I,m not against Turkish actions regarding language, culture, identity and their issue with Europe but I,m quite sure you know exactly what I,m talking about as a neighbor similar in religion, culture and language I will be more proud of you people if you be proud of Turks and Turkish identity even if it is not European... Tell me one thing, what the hell is Europe and European anyway?? History is full of segments that we were advanced nations, they were savage pig-hunters... History proves to repeat itself... I think we Western Asians are rising again to claim an advanced position... I met Turk young guys in Antalya and Ezmir once...they inivted us to go to dinner with them... they were so kind to tell us how they feel about this Europe thing... they told me, in a few decades Europeans should come and kiss our shoes asking to be with us.... This is the spirit I like...

Turkey is a column of civilization through out history and they were a great power in world as far as they were proud of what they are identically and culturally... Even today, Turkey has all it needs to become a super power with unique Asian and Muslim identity...

Regarding Korea and Japan... I meant they being advanced and at the same time, honoring their own Asiatic culture and identity...

If I have to like one policy of Turkey it is to trying to develop a part of its weaponary needs... It is for Turkey's good in both short and long term...

Turkey is asking EU to let them join them for a long time to no avail.. Is Turkey asking Europe to join them via EU means that you don't claim you,re European? So, you,re saying... you claim you,re not European but still ask Europe to accept you and let you join them???

• Former French President Nicolas Sarkozy, unlike his predecessor Jacques Chirac, opposed the entrance of Turkey in the European Union, but wished Turkey to remain a partner of Europe. He also often mentioned geographical reasons to justify his position, thus saying "I do not believe that Turkey belongs to Europe, and for a simple reason: because it is in Asia Minor. What I wish to offer Turkey is a true partnership with Europe, but not integration into Europe".[153]
  • Merkel said: "We don't want the full membership of Turkey. But we don't want to lose Turkey as an important country", referring to her idea of a strategic partnership.[155]
Plus, I have been to Germany, there are millions of Turks there they are under severe attack by some parties and millions of people because of them being Muslim and Turk and Asian...

Anti-Turkey bias in German media alarms Turks in Europe - Daily Sabah
Mesut Özil tired of being called ‘German-Turk,' wants acceptance
Identity dilemma pushes young Turks to leave Germany for Turkey
Erdogan criticizes German attitude to Turks - The Local
http://www.frontpagemag.com/2013/dg...-muslim-settlers-in-germany-live-off-welfare/
At Home in a Foreign Country: Ethnic Segregation in German Cities - SPIEGEL ONLINE
Turkish Immigration to Germany: A Sorry History of Self-Deception and Wasted Opportunities - SPIEGEL ONLINE
German politician inflames immigration debate | World news | The Guardian

I,m sure you know what I,m talking about very well... I,m not against Turkish actions regarding language, culture, identity and their issue with Europe but I,m quite sure you know exactly what I,m talking about as a neighbor similar in religion, culture and language I will be more proud of you people if you be proud of Turks and Turkish identity even if it is not European... Tell me one thing, what the hell is Europe and European anyway?? History is full of segments that we were advanced nations, they were savage pig-hunters... History proves to repeat itself... I think we Western Asians are rising again to claim an advanced position... I met Turk young guys in Antalya and Ezmir once...they inivted us to go to dinner with them... they were so kind to tell us how they feel about this Europe thing... they told me, in a few decades Europeans should come and kiss our shoes asking to be with us.... This is the spirit I like...

Turkey is a column of civilization through out history and they were a great power in world as far as they were proud of what they are identically and culturally... Even today, Turkey has all it needs to become a super power with unique Asian and Muslim identity...

Regarding Korea and Japan... I meant they being advanced and at the same time, honoring their own Asiatic culture and identity...
Your whole post can be answered with two answers, firstly EU is a economic Union not a cultural, religious or ethnical one and secondly we dont consider ourselves as Europeans as mentioned before.

i admire indonesia .

it has good relations with everyone and doesn't make a fuss . you just do your thing and you're good at it .

Might be because they are half way across the world, being in a relative stable and peacefull region compared to our good old middle-east.

Your whole post can be answered with two answers, firstly EU is a economic Union not a cultural, religious or ethnical one and secondly we dont consider ourselves as Europeans as mentioned before.

so you say any country beneficial for Europe economy can join EU? can China join EU as it is more beneficial to EU than even European countries themselves!! It is Socio-political-economic-ethnic-religion-geographical union in its nature

so you say any country beneficial for Europe economy can join EU? can China join EU as it is more beneficial to EU than even European countries themselves!! It is Socio-political-economic-ethnic-religion-geographical union in its nature

I kinda agree. At the surface they try to retain its face as neutral economical union but lets be real here, we all know religion, culture, ethnicity, geopolitics, geography and etc. all play a role someway or another.

Ofcourse China cant join it, firstly because of Geogpraphical remoteness and secondly because of Political status.
Turkey will soon have the biggest population in Europe except Russia, can you imagine the power balance shift a Turkish membership would cause?
France and Germany oppose a Turkish membership because they basically rule it together while UK, Poland, Greece, Spain and basically all the other small Balkan/Baltic states welcome it, the political game is obvious, it doesnt have much to do with ethnicity and religion if you ask me.

We all know that EU will never let Turkey to join them. Can you imagine Turkey setting course for the EU countries ?
It is exactly what will happen if Turkey joins in. So Germany/France opposes our membership (as with their alliance, they are ruling EU) whereas UK and Italy supports our membership.

But sticking with EU is what we should do, IMO. Reforming country to EU standards is what we should aim at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom