Iran economy minister travels to Saudi Arabia

Muhammed45

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of

Iran economy minister travels to Saudi Arabia

4419674.jpg

TEHRAN, May 11 (MNA) – Heading a high-ranking economic delegation, Iran's Economy Minister Ehsan Khandouzi arrived in Saudi Arabia on Thursday.
Upon his arrival at Jeddah Airport, Khandouzi was welcomed by Saudi officials, Islamic Development Bank managers, and members of the Iranian Consulate General in the city.
Bilateral meetings with Saudi officials and delivering a speech at the meetings of the Islamic Development Bank are among the most important programs his trip schedule.
This is the first visit by an Iranian official to Saudi Arabia after earlier this year's agreement between Iran and Saudi Arabia on the restoration of diplomatic ties.
The foreign ministers of Iran and Saudi Arabia met in China on April 6 a month after the two countries agreed to restore diplomatic relations under a China-brokered deal.

1. Regional cooperation
2. Removing dollar from oil trade

Possible priorities.

Iran most needs investment in oil and gas infrastructure, but Saudi Arabia is unlikely to want to finance an exporting rival's industry.

Investment in Iran's mines is also much needed and could be a better fit. Iran has huge mineral resources but (mostly) lacks the funds and equipment needed to really exploit this - Saudi investment can help.

Previously Saudis invested in Iranian food related companies, hopefully this time they are a bit more ambitious.

Iran most needs investment in oil and gas infrastructure, but Saudi Arabia is unlikely to want to finance an exporting rival's industry.

Investment in Iran's mines is also much needed and could be a better fit. Iran has huge mineral resources but (mostly) lacks the funds and equipment needed to really exploit this - Saudi investment can help.

Previously Saudis invested in Iranian food related companies, hopefully this time they are a bit more ambitious.
I have a different take on this...I hope what you said comes true but I do not think Saudis are yet prepared yo go all positive on Iran..first steps will be to stop all negatives they do to Iran..example..relinquishing Iranian oil markets they took over..stopping Iran international propagsnda or going neutral on Third part tech sales to Iran..

There is something fundamental about trade and investments with Iran which is not happening... Even China has so far refused to make any significant entry into Iran..I think everyone expects a massive war or revolt in Iran and they stay away...let's hope I am wrong..lol

Back
Top Bottom