What's new

Iran Defends the Three Islands-The Hurmuz Strait - Persian Gulf

pkpatriotic

Reaction score
The Three Islands
e168241b942a30400779346163c45e39.jpg

The Hurmuz Strait . Persian Gulf

In the latest episode involving the three islands of Abu Moussa, Greater and Lesser Tunbs in the Persian Gulf, the Iranian Foreign Ministry summoned the Iraqi ambassador to Tehran to protest over Baghdad’s support for UAE’s claim over the islands [Tehran Times, 8 May]. The Iraqi move came after the Arab League Summit held on 30 March in Damascus renewed its call on Iran to end its “occupation” of the islands.

The controversy over the three islands goes back to early 1970s when the British were pulling out of the Persian Gulf. They put pressure on the shah’s government to renounce Iran’s historical claim over Bahrain in return for the three islands, which also had long been claimed by Iran. Shah agreed and Iran occupied the three islands.

Shah's renunciation of Iran’s claims over Bahrain happened when Bahrain became part of the Federation of Arab Emirates (FAE). In return, the FAE (which included today’s UAE) accepted Iran’s sovereignty over the three islands. In 1971, Bahrain reneged on its membership at FAE and the newly-formed UAE reneged on recognition of Iran’s sovereignty over the islands.

Iran has built a permanent military base in Abu Moussa, the biggest and most important of the three.

They should settle it by giving the UAE Abu Mussa(which is closer to the UAE and more than halfway across the gulf) and Iran keeping the other two smaller ones closer to their shores. That seems fair.

the islands are arab and should be returned to the uae and uae should be prepared to go to war in last resort. ?Bahrain never belonged to iran its alaways been arab.

To adm-alam or whatever you are, you better read some history books before opening your mouth! Not only Bahrain but 30% of UAE ethnicity is also Iranian, and BTW I would like to see how UAE want to go to war with us while a fire cracker would demolsih its economy!

They should settle it by giving the UAE Abu Mussa(which is closer to the UAE and more than halfway across the gulf) and Iran keeping the other two smaller ones closer to their shores. That seems fair.

if Pakistan overhand Azad Keshmir (despite of my support Pakistan in Keshmir issues)to India looks very fair compare to a Pakistani talk about Iran's territory.

the islands are arab and should be returned to the uae and uae should be prepared to go to war in last resort. ?Bahrain never belonged to iran its alaways been arab.

If you dont know the issuea is better be silent. if you are intersted in war welcome, only Abbas port local force is enough to teach a good lesson to UAE and other arabs as we thought to all arabs when they support Saddam along US.
3 islands are belong to Iran for ever. if arabs this they can dance between Iran and US in Persian Gulf it means even they are not mature enough to manage their family

lol
you never read any historical book about the subject?
go to get some education and ... respect

That whole region is inhabited by Iranians, including all these lesser Arab states. They're ruled by foreign monarchs though. You should educate yourself about the matter before making such statements.

I guess the UAE needs to be taught a good lesson for such false claims, maybe the demolishing of Dubai's economy would teach the arabs to keep what you've got with bending over backward for colonialists before you lose them all.

and what would they give us back? would you accept if others say you should give your lands to india? I don't think so.

P.S: I wanted to merge my posts into one, moderators of the forum do that please because I couldn't do so.

Back
Top Bottom