What's new

Iran building missile to hit UK :Prime minister David Cameron

This invasion is unlikely since nobody globally accepts this war. Especially with so much upheaval in middle east and with Russian and Chinese VETO against a war in Syria, even the Iran was will not happen.

Think about it; if NATO had to attack, it would have already done so. When was the last time they actually knocked on the doors to attack? Never. So this is just garnering votes.

Nobody wants war, but the Iranians need to be more open and cooperate with IAEA.

We and the world cannot accept a nuclear armed Iran period.

Wiping out 'countries'?Please don't use this stupid term again.Did Iran threaten to wipe out U.K or U.S off the map?This topic is about U.K
You better know that the commander in chief of all armed forces in Iran is the supreme leader not president.However i hate to repeat it again that what Ahmadinejad said was intentionally mistranslated,but even if he wanted to attack another country he couldn't do that.The leader has said dozens of time that Iran will never ever attack another country unless Iran get attacked..

Did he not say "We will wipe out Israel from the face of the earth? "

These kind of statements may be are for internal consumption, but they give wrong message

Nobody wants war, but the Iranians need to be more open and cooperate with IAEA.

Iran fully cooperates within signed treaty framework, and sometimes beyond it, but its never enough for the West.

"Stop your peaceful nuclear program altogether", "show your conventional military programs", etc. and you wonder why Iran doesnt comply with nonsense requests and ultimatums?

Did he not say "We will wipe out Israel from the face of the earth? "

These kind of statements may be are for internal consumption, but they give wrong message

No he didnt said that, as mentioned by Era_923, its a fake mistranslation to demonize Iran.

So what's cameron's problem if Iran builds ICBM. Are there any laws prohibiting Iran from building ICBM. I hope Iran Truly builds
an ICBM and test it in persian/Arabian gulf in presence of the yanki aircraft carriers.

So what's cameron's problem if Iran builds ICBM. Are there any laws prohibiting Iran from building ICBM. I hope Iran Truly builds
an ICBM and test it in persian/Arabian gulf in presence of the yanki aircraft carriers.

Cameron wants to say that only certain countries have this exclusive right to build ICBMs.

Keep back your words. You people made thousands of nukes and killed citizens of 2 alive cities while Iran developing its program only for its national security in any possible external aggression so don't teach other morals of war and world requirement. You have no business what Iran is doing. This barbaric supremacy of US/NATO should be forced to end that WE CAN AND YOU CAN'T.

Do you hear our message loud and clear? You better!

Well he didn't actually say Iran could bomb the UK, although the open-endedness of the statement obviously had that connotation.* Either way, I and many others aren't falling for this one.

We were duped by Tony Blair; with his infamous statement that Iraq could hit us with a WMD within a 45 minute window. Not that many believed that either.
Our government is in a bad position though, albeit one of being between a rock and a hard place. To get greater IAEA cooperation from Iran, a potential 'deal breaker' would be to have the IAEA visit Israel in the same manner. I would hope that would be enough of an act of good faith for the Iranian leadership to be less hostile.

The problem of course is American intransigence: you can bet your life that the Americans will never do this, not for generations. It would appear as a concession, the pro-Zionists in Congress or in US businesses would oppose the move, and even if President Obama wanted to do it he would face the legislative equivalent of a firewall. Britain cannot realistically try to apply such pressure for an IAEA inspection of Israel either, as we would incure a diplomatic rebuke of such proportions from the US that our government clearly doesn't have the backbone for.**

Not that I've gone out and asked people on the street, but if I did the chances are that no one is going to be worried by the Prime Minister's statement, probably citing Blair and Iraq as still being fresh in the memory. The more informed Britons regarding foreign affairs will ask the question: "But what would Iran gain from attacking the UK?", especially without military provocation.
Answer: nothing.

*You do realise what source this is? It's The Sun and the Daily Fail, the most alarmist papers in the UK with the most irreverant, dim-witted and fundamentally stupid readership in the UK, ney, the western world!

** I know, the solution would never be that easy. But the only way for Israel to change is for the US to withdraw the level of support it gives Tel Aviv. A radical change in US Foreign Policy, essentially, but that's not going to happen any time soon.

Iran fully cooperates within signed treaty framework, and sometimes beyond it, but its never enough for the West.

"Stop your peaceful nuclear program altogether", "show your conventional military programs", etc. and you wonder why Iran doesnt comply with nonsense requests and ultimatums?

It is debatable whether Iran has fully cooperated or not. Your reasoning is as good as mine. But unfortunately, this is not upto me or you. We can only work and accept with what is going on. The current situation is that IAEA indicates that Iran is not cooperating and refuses access to inspectors.

If this prolongs, it will benefit no one. Like I said before, nobody wants war, but it is getting closer as the Israelis cannot wait. They have a legitimate worry about the Iranians from getting nuclear weapons.

---------- Post added at 05:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 AM ----------

Do you hear our message loud and clear? You better!

I don't understand this.

Iran is building all these new weapons and talking up their nuclear program because they want attention. They want to be seen as scary and powerful, they want to be a super power just like the rest of the attention seeking countries that have gone before them.

It isn't working though, everyone knows how much of a joke they are.

Look what happened when saddam hussein tried to act like his Iraq was a powerful superpower that was very dangerous and scary. It got cut down with ease.

Keep back your words. You people made thousands of nukes and killed citizens of 2 alive cities while Iran developing its program only for its national security in any possible external aggression so don't teach other morals of war and world requirement. You have no business what Iran is doing. This barbaric supremacy of US/NATO should be forced to end that WE CAN AND YOU CAN'T.

First, please control your emotions. I don't understand why you need to get upset. Anyways, it is irrelevant to bring out the history of us killing cities and making nukes in countering what I have said. Also, you say this like Pakistan never killed anyone or started any conflicts.

I have already said and I will say it again, no one desires war and I don't want to see it happen. However, what I want is not necessary what it is going to happen. The world will not allow Iran to have nuclear weapons, I shall clarify this is not wishful thinking or telling people what they should/should not have. This is plain FACT.

No country shall accept a nuclear armed Iran.

Iranians and their supporters like to pretend that it's only the U.S and maybe the UK who don't want them having nukes when infact it's the whole world (maybe except China)

even if this BS is true, how would UK deal with this Paranoia, isnt that supposed to be more imp for David Cameroon !

It is debatable whether Iran has fully cooperated or not. Your reasoning is as good as mine. But unfortunately, this is not upto me or you. We can only work and accept with what is going on. The current situation is that IAEA indicates that Iran is not cooperating and refuses access to inspectors.

Its all in IAEA reports - Iran is cooperating within treaty, but not cooperating within Additional protocol (not ratified) and doesnt always allow to visit conventional military sites (why would they?). Therefore all claims about Iran non-cooperation is asinine and lawless.

If this prolongs, it will benefit no one. Like I said before, nobody wants war, but it is getting closer as the Israelis cannot wait. They have a legitimate worry about the Iranians from getting nuclear weapons.

What legitimate worry? There is absolutely no evidence Iran is making nukes (only baseless accusations). Same as it was with Iraq, or people already forgot it?

Actually, there is a legitimate worry Israel and/or US would use nukes against Iran, since they already said they might do it. And additionally if attackers succeed destroying Iran's nuclear sites by whatever means, it will spread radiation throughout the region, and based on what? Accusations that Iran might make nukes in the future? Thats complete madness.

If World nations would have any brains and guts, they would stop US and Israel from an insane aggression.

Back
Top Bottom