What's new

Interview with S.A.R. Geelani. :‘Only fringe elements wanted him hanged’

Please read the verdict mate. Most Indians are not concerned with facts. They say 'If guilty, punish him', while they themselves are lazy to get into the facts and go by the popular narrative, which in cases like this is dictated by the police.

True..people dont care to read the full verdict or they actually cant read it because each verdict may run into thousands of pages.

But why distrust the legal knowledge and acumen of the judges (in this case two sets, the local and supreme court) and still believe that he was innocent, just because he was a Muslim ? Irrespective of what the "biased" police may say, ultimately their stance has to stand the judicial scrutiny of some of the finest legal brains in the country..Still why the distrust and the need to blame the police ?

...... Just day before yesterday AP police picked up a Muslim guy without any proof 'to get an insight into his relationships'. The very same guy was acquitted in Mecca Masjid blasts. The fact is that police book youth in cases like this for random reasons like he said something against India. ....

That is the usual modus operandi of any police..first check the ones in record..what so offensive or wrong about that ?

Brother, Even in this letter he doesn't claim the responsibility for the act . He justifies the act.
Like i told about Gilani earlier, i do think that he also justifies the act. In the same way afzal guru also might justify the act. This is the case of probably most of the kashmiris.

Even if he is not innocent, Even if he has done it, whatever evidence present doesnt allow any court to hang him. Thats why judgment says it is to satisfy society.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if he is not innocent, Even if he has done it, whatever evidence present doesnt allow any court to hang him. Thats why judgment says it is to satisfy society.

I still dont believe how you can pronounce that the evidence was no enough without reading the judgement completely and basically saying "hey I know more about the case than all the judges combined". I just cant believe how much Muslims these days believe these conspiracy theories. Not all muslims..but many definitely.

True..people dont care to read the full verdict or they actually cant read it because each verdict may run into thousands of pages.

But why distrust the legal knowledge and acumen of the judges (in this case two sets, the local and supreme court) and still believe that he was innocent, just because he was a Muslim ? Irrespective of what the "biased" police may say, ultimately their stance has to stand the judicial scrutiny of some of the finest legal brains in the country..Still why the distrust and the need to blame the police ?
In this particular case, you can go through the judgement and see why people raised concerns. Even if you disagree with some of them who downright say Afzal was framed, you will see why people are rightly concerned.

Where else would the 'alleged mastermind'(Geelani) of the attack get acquitted and another guy(who did not directly take part in the attack) gets death sentence? and to satisfy the conscience of a country? And then he gets hanged without even a last visit from his family. Only for his family to know about the execution from TV.

That is the usual modus operandi of any police..first check the ones in record..what so offensive or wrong about that ?
They better not leak the names of arrested people to media and ruin their lives then.

I still dont believe how you can pronounce that the evidence was no enough without reading the judgement completely and basically saying "hey I know more about the case than all the judges combined". I just cant believe how much Muslims these days believe these conspiracy theories. Not all muslims..but many definitely.

I have read the judgement, Actually it was you who did not read it. Thats why you said about Geelani other day that he was released based on "benifit of doubt". Read my earlier post, There is no evidence at all...Zero evidence in case of Geelani. (Still he was given death sentence in trial court)

About Afzal guru: Court has categorized evidence against him in 2 categories. Confession and Circumstantial evidence. There are no direct evidences. It is very clear that his confession is forced.
I am not saying here that this is not sufficient to punish him, But it is not enough to hang a person.

Is it that only muslims blive in conspiracy theory? What about you brother? You were arguing other day about those safron terrorists? You are clearly not ready to accept it all. right?. Forget i find very very very less number of hindus who actually said to me that they blive this.!!.

Brother, Why are you blamming only muslims?

Why "many" muslims dont blive official version? Because police are highly un-reliable. Just think of mecca masjid blast. When police arrested soo many muslims, muslims clearly knew that they are innocent. They protested, But no one cared to bother. Now that only after aseemanand confession (after many days of confession) they got bail. Tell me why should muslims blive in them?

Look at the Geelani case, When Afzal told in front of media that "Geelani is innocent". Police shouts and scolds him and "requests" every media person "edit" this part of his confession. Every one follows it.!!. Instead of airing it and make public know, instead of questioning police they obey police. And they continued to air the show in which Geelani still remains master mind....(Same media u accuse of "pro-muslim", "pro-congress".). Tell me why should we blive police and media?

Just one or two days back, Two people were released. There were no edivence against at them all. They sayed in jail for 6 months.

Asks advocate B.N. Jagadeesh, who has in the past represented the 2008 Bangalore blasts accused, “The main question here pertains to the callous attitude of investigators and the State. When an extension to file a charge sheet was applied for after 90 days, why did neither the investigators nor the courts deny it in the case of the two, against whom they have no evidence?”

Mr. Jagadeesh says that there are many such cases where people are arrested in such terror cases, on “flimsy evidence”, are languishing in jails in the State. “Overall, this case and the others indicate that the state has no respect for Article 21 of the Constitution (Right to Life). Nowhere else in the world do investigators first arrest and then begin to look for evidence.”
The Hindu : Cities / Bangalore : Questions over holding suspects without enough evidence

Just like Geelani: This man was the master mind of conspiracy. Now that he is released, some other will be punished!

What happens when when police arrests a innocent and every media shows his pic/video and say he is terrorist?
Ans: Evidence get created: People come out and be motivated to become evidence

@doublemaster I might buy that there was not enough evidence against him, but then after seeing his confession cannot 100% sure he was innocent. The problem is that people say with confidence he was innocent. As far as separatist Kashmiri's are concerned they openly support terrorist act and then say that people do not empathize with them. Dude if you do not have heart for others then how come people will care for you.

@doublemaster I might buy that there was not enough evidence against him, but then after seeing his confession cannot 100% sure he was innocent. The problem is that people say with confidence he was innocent. As far as separatist Kashmiri's are concerned they openly support terrorist act and then say that people do not empathize with them. Dude if you do not have heart for others then how come people will care for you.

Sure, I can never say with confidence that he is innocent, in the same way i can never say he is terrorist.
If some one says he is innocent, i argue he is not. if some one says otherway i argue he could be innocent.
What i can achive with this?
Nothing. Only deep in my heart i feel that i tried my best to be just.

Sure, I can never say with confidence that he is innocent, in the same way i can never say he is terrorist.
If some one says he is innocent, i argue he is not. if some one says otherway i argue he could be innocent.
What i can achive with this?
Nothing. Only deep in my heart i feel that i tried my best to be just.
In such cases I go by confession, I feel denying of confession is more a trick to save from being convicted. I do no see any stress or pain marks to believe there was pressure.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom