What's new

Internal conflicts in India on the rise - now Odhisha and Chhattisgarh

Internal conflicts in India are on the rise. After Cauvery, now Odisha and Chhattisgarh are on the war path.

With so many conflicts, why is India hell bound in interfering in other countries internal affairs and sponsoring cross-border terrorism in the region. It really baffles me.

Don't you think at some point in time neighbors are going to have enough and start taking advantage of these, just like India is trying everywhere in the region?

After Cauvery, another row brewing over Mahanadi

NEW DELHI: At a time when Karnataka and Tamil Nadu are locked in a fierce battle over sharing of Cauvery waters, two more states — Odisha and Chhattisgarh — are on war path over sharing waters of the Mahanadi river. With the issue reaching a point where both states are not willing to move away from their respective positions, the Centre has called a joint meeting with the chief ministers of these two states here on Saturday.

Both Odisha chief minister Naveen Patnaik and his Chhattisgarh counterpart Raman Singh have confirmed their participation in the meeting, which is to be chaired by water resources minister Uma Bharati.

While Odisha has accused Chhattisgarh of not consulting it while building seven to eight barrages on the Mahanadi river, the latter claimed that it has not been drawing more water than what is due to it. The Raman Singh government has also questioned the Patnaik government's objection to the barrages, saying these are not at all hampering the flow of the river.
Most of the states have water sharing disputes, they will even have coffee or tea dispute. Good luck trying to take advantage of it. May be pakistan should give its share of indus river water as a start to these states.

Dear friend..Orissa is my home state...These reports are just nothing...Orissa is one of ther most peaceful state in India...They just shouted for few days but this is not something that is categorized as a conflict.

try something more next time...You may have a better luck..

How many times are you going to change your home state just make a comment on PDF :lol:. I clearly remember couple of Indian who became kahmiris pandits from indians just to make comments. Get a life mate.

Last edited:
Dear friend..Orissa is my home state...These reports are just nothing...Orissa is one of ther most peaceful state in India...They just shouted for few days but this is not something that is categorized as a conflict.

I'm from Chhattisgarh(Bhilai) and many times in social media Pakis claims that we want independence from India.

like Sindhu desh?

Food for thought..pellet guns? Chili cannons?
Nah..these are reserved for the mujahidin wannabes :D

Internal conflicts in India are on the rise. After Cauvery, now Odisha and Chhattisgarh are on the war path.

With so many conflicts, why is India hell bound in interfering in other countries internal affairs and sponsoring cross-border terrorism in the region. It really baffles me.

Don't you think at some point in time neighbors are going to have enough and start taking advantage of these, just like India is trying everywhere in the region?

After Cauvery, another row brewing over Mahanadi

NEW DELHI: At a time when Karnataka and Tamil Nadu are locked in a fierce battle over sharing of Cauvery waters, two more states — Odisha and Chhattisgarh — are on war path over sharing waters of the Mahanadi river. With the issue reaching a point where both states are not willing to move away from their respective positions, the Centre has called a joint meeting with the chief ministers of these two states here on Saturday.

Both Odisha chief minister Naveen Patnaik and his Chhattisgarh counterpart Raman Singh have confirmed their participation in the meeting, which is to be chaired by water resources minister Uma Bharati.

While Odisha has accused Chhattisgarh of not consulting it while building seven to eight barrages on the Mahanadi river, the latter claimed that it has not been drawing more water than what is due to it. The Raman Singh government has also questioned the Patnaik government's objection to the barrages, saying these are not at all hampering the flow of the river.
Alright dude, Pakistan will side with Tamilnadu in its upcoming war with Karnataka which will lead to the disintegration of India.

Now for the love of God please take your meds

Soinfluencelllllĺnis are getting so desperate that very soon they will start writing their graduation thesis on internal water sharing issues between states in India.:disagree:

They are very desperate.. I'm not aware of this conflict- even though am in India now..

They are very desperate.. I'm not aware of this conflict- even though am in India now..
Come on man how can you forget 'The Telugu War' :o: Biggest since WW2, Fought between the tribes of Andhra and Telengana :p:

Pakistanis were upset as it ended with a stalemate:(

Fake GDP numbers dont provide jobs to tens of millions of unemployed so when you have a rapidly growing population and scarce resources like water (made worse by drought) this problem is going to get worse, specially with Modi failing to deliver Achay Din.

Fake GDP numbers dont provide jobs to tens of millions of unemployed so when you have a rapidly growing population and scarce resources like water (made worse by drought) this problem is going to get worse, specially with Modi failing to deliver Achay Din.
I am deeply moved by your concern for our problems :cray:

images (46).jpg

How many times are you going to change your home state just make a comment on PDF :lol:. I clearly remember couple of Indian who became kahmiris pandits from indians just to make comments. Get a life mate.

Its an good execuse when you do not have any rationale debate..I quoted as saying i have seen on the spot presence of situation in Kashmir valley....Because i visited that place.....
Never mind...this issue is just a media hype...Naveen Pattnaik is going to Delhi for a all party meeting and things would be sorted out...

like Sindhu desh?

Its good idea...are you thinking Sindhi of Karachi will make another Sindhudesh??? Otherwise, where is that concept came from...

Food for thought..pellet guns? Chili cannons?
inter state conflicts goes to courts... rivers cross states and its normal that CM will be concerned about less water that what his state was getting.
i doubt there will be any law and order issue... this one pretty minor compared to other water disputes

Back
Top Bottom