What's new

interesting stuff from all around the world

This wooden cabinet was intricately carved to look like a digital glitch. Made by Ferruccio Laviani

1384062_616933835011515_26506550_n.jpg

gold digger

-PAXP-deijE.gif

Raffi Stepanian works at the Diamond District in New York City and his trade is anything but common. Raffi is a gold digger in the literal sense of the word.

Several years ago Raffi was working as a stone setter when happened to find gold scraps on the floor. That’s when he realized that out there, the streets are swarming with gold. So each week he makes around $500 from finding gold and platinum chips, earring backs, tiny gem stones and other jewelry parts. He uses a butter knife, ordinary tweezers and a Styrofoam cup in order to make his living.

According to Raffi himself, making money this way is one step above from working in a mine, because the gems are already polished and properly cut. He collects bits and pieces of treasure on the streets and then sells it to gold dealers in the Diamond District.

Apparently the 43-year-old man knows how to use his eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Songjiang Shimao Hotel China – A submerged 5 Star Hotel

songjiang-hotel-2.jpg

Ever since man started building, structures have come a long way in evolution. Originating from very simple structures, civil engineering has now entered the realm of construction challenges; somewhere dictated by architectural requirements and somewhere quite impossible-to-reach places. One such example is of Songjiang Shimao Hotel which is currently under construction in Songjang, China. Only very recently, Atkins, a British engineering firm, propounded erection of a handsome building extending far downward into a 100-meter pit situated near the base of Tianmashan Mountain. The Shimao Wonderful Intercontinental Hotel which consists of 19 floors and 380 rooms is unique in its design as it is being built on the site of an abandoned and otherwise neglected open-pit mine.

The design of this luxury hotel encompasses underwater lounges and guestrooms. The water of the quarry will be utilized to flood some portion of the hotel; giving it a look of submerged edifice in a beautiful lake. The images exhibit an artificial waterfall cascading down into the rock near the front part of the hotel. The main lounge, wreathed in green vegetation and natural rock, would be illuminated through sunlight. Moreover the hotel would have sports facilities; some of its additional features include rock climbing and bungee jumping and also an aquarium almost ten meters deep.

songjiang-798x350.jpg

wow .............

Russian scientist claims to snap the photo of departing soul

p1.jpg

The timing of astral disembodiment in which the spirit leaves the body has been captured by Russian scientist Konstantin Korotkov, who photographed a person at the moment of his death with a bioelectrographic camera.The image taken using the gas discharge visualization method, an advanced technique of Kirlian photography shows in blue the life force of the person leaving the body gradually.

According to Korotkov, navel and head are the parties who first lose their life force (which would be the soul) and the groin and the heart are the last areas where the spirit before surfing the phantasmagoria of the infinite.In other cases according to Korotkov has noted that “the soul” of people who suffer a violent and unexpected death usually manifests a state of confusion in your power settings and return to the body in the days following death. This could be due to a surplus of unused energy.

:what::what:

is it possible?

@p(-)0ENiX @Alpha1

A quick search on Google led me to this article.

One of the comments on that page led me to this page. It's just an abstract image, & the claims of the scientist are a hoax.

i hope we arent ruinin @W.11 thread by debunkin those claims here haha jk:ph34r:

Spontaneous human combustion: Man's body burst into flames on the sofa - but he lived to tell the tale..

War veteran Frank Baker recalls the moment he caught on fire just as he was about to go fishing

Frank-Baker-still-one-2337325.jpg

A war veteran has recalled the horrifying moment his body suddenly burst into flames while he was sitting on the sofa.

Frank Baker, who served in the US Army in Vietnam, is the only known survivor of the unexplained phenomenon known as spontaneous human combustion.

The highly-decorated former soldier had been preparing to go on a fishing trip with his friend Pete Willey when fire suddenly engulfed his body.

The pair recalled the terrifying incident, which took place in June 1985, in a new episode of the Science Channel's Unexplained Files.

The episode features a reconstruction of the event, which can be seen below.

"I had no idea what was taking place on my body — none," Mr Baker said.

"We were getting ready for fishing and sitting on the couch.

"Everything was great.

"Pete was sitting next to me — we were having a helluva time."

The pair leapt to their feet and were able to put out the flames.

There have been around 200 reported cases of spontaneous human combustion.

Boffins who studied the phenomenon in 1984 concluded most victims had been near fire sources when they burst into flames — and continued to burn because of flammable clothing and excess body fat.

However, Mr Baker, who lives in Vermont, US, does not believe this was the case for him.

"The doctor called (me), and said, 'Frank, this burned from the inside out,'" he said.

[video]http://science.discovery.com/tv-shows/the-unexplained-files/the-unexplained-files-videos/spontaneous-combustion-victim.htm[/video]

Spontaneous human combustion: Man's body bursts into flames on the sofa - but he lives to tell the tale - Mirror Online

i hope we arent ruinin @W.11 thread by debunkin those claims here haha jk:ph34r:

Weird stories are present all over the Internet. I read an article once claiming that we could achieve immortality by placing the brain in a robot emulating the human body. That idea relies on the false notion that the body is simply a container or a life support system for the brain. Not many people believe that any more, the human body & body type inputs are necessary for the normal functioning of the mind.

chicken survives beheading and continues to live on for 18 months

Mike the Headless Chicken (April 1945 – March 1947), also known as Miracle Mike,[1] was a Wyandotte chicken that lived for 18 months after his head had been cut off. Thought by many to be a hoax, the bird's owner took him to the University of Utah in Salt Lake City to establish the facts of the story.

On September 10, 1945, farmer Lloyd Olsen of Fruita, Colorado, United States, had his mother-in-law around for supper and was sent out to the yard by his wife to bring back a chicken. Olsen chose a five-and-a-half-month-old cockerel named Mike. The axe missed the jugular vein, leaving one ear and most of the brain stem intact.

Mr. Olsen decided to continue to care permanently for Mike, feeding him a mixture of milk and water via an eyedropper

It was determined that the axe had missed the carotid artery and a clot had prevented Mike from bleeding to death. Although most of his head was severed, most of his brain stem and one ear were left on his body. Since basic functions (breathing, heart-rate, etc.) as well as most of a chicken's reflex actions are controlled by the brain stem, Mike was able to remain quite healthy. This is a good example of central motor generators enabling basic homeostatic functions to be carried out in the absence of the cerebral cortex.

MikeTheHeadlessChicken.jpg

Back
Top Bottom